USB Keyboards

Started by faker mapper
09/12/2007 08:01
Page 1 of 3
faker mapper09/12/2007 08:01

Hey guys,

I never thought I'd ever start a thread like this, but I have to ;)

I bought a "Cherry CYMOTION EXPERT USB" recently to get rid of that fucking PS/2 bug (if you press 3 keys and hit a 4th one it won't work), but I didn't like it at all. The keystroke is awful and the design of the strg, alt and windows-keys is annoying.

I had the Logitech Internet Keyboard PS/2 before, and I really fell in love with that one (thanks tarGet for the reference half a year aoo :p), but the USB version of it is sold out at every website :(

Therfore... any suggestions? What keyboard do you own?

cheers
[ Edited ]

clair mapper09/12/2007 08:49

http://ogeek.com/images/BTC/KB6100C-2x2.jpg

its called the BTC 6100c or something. ive never had any multiple key problems or anything else. it has quiet keys, but if you like a numberpad youre out of luck. it was cheap too, of course :)

sl!De09/12/2007 10:06

logitech classic keyboard!
29€ at saturn :)

hose09/12/2007 10:07

Which style do you prefere? Notebookstyle with low keys or the other style with high keys?

A few weeks ago I bought G11. It's a bit expensive but PS2 sux ^_^

fischauge09/12/2007 10:55

go for it :E Logitech G15

Mr.Eiht09/12/2007 11:06

i got myself something from wintech
(usb one too),
it has low keys which is imo very nice for strafing.
It´s a cheap one since it don´t think it will live long
with me as user.
Faker, maybe you try to test the board of your friends, the should be kind enough to let you test it.
If your lucky one of your friends got a board which
fits you strafes.
GL finding one, since this is an important working tool!
[ Edited 12/09/07 - 11:07:35 ]

Aly00709/12/2007 11:19

what about Logitech Media Keyboard Elite ?

faker mapper09/12/2007 11:36


Faker, maybe you try to test the board of your friends

Mr.Eiht


None of my friends is playying computer games or kz, they all have DELL or other 08-15 PS/2 keyboards :/

---

what about Logitech Media Keyboard Elite ?

Aly007


It has weird shift keys and the other keys look pretty weird too imo

Thanks so far, waiting for more suggestions ;)


[ Edited 12/09/07 - 11:36:24 ]

sbzvln Tournament #209/12/2007 11:51

What fischauge says.

colix mapper09/12/2007 12:42

i have a quite shit hama et200, but it works perfectly for me :P and im sure its cheap ( dunno how much is it, since i got it with my pc )
http://www.buero-netshop.de/shop/bilder/HAM_18881.jpg

peerat09/12/2007 13:29

i use a cherry evolution stream(15€), it's flat like a notebook keyboard, looks classy and doesn't have all these gaming buttons which u dont use. once u get used to it(took me about 2 days) u will love it
[ Edited 12/09/07 - 14:16:25 ]

hose09/12/2007 14:14

Best thing... visit the next store (in germany it's Saturn or MediaMarkt) and test the keyboards. Hold them in your hands and feel them. That's the most important thing

Z0ck3rOO709/12/2007 15:09

buy THIS and you will be an uber bhopper :D :D

Supa09/12/2007 19:32

I kind of want a new keyboard as well...(Since mine is kind of loud!... I own a 10 dollar one). I researched a few and found some good reviews on this: http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_21&products_id=76

I've never seen or felt it... but according to what other people said it looks nice. It has a simple design as well with not many buttons.

kz`Moxx mapper09/12/2007 19:41

Microsoft Internet Keyboard

Been using it for like 8 years (Different ones ofcourse, but same model)

http://www.activewin.com/reviews/hardware/keyboards/ms/internet/images/keyboard2.jpg

And yes you can push down 4 buttons at the same time

elITe^09/12/2007 20:02

Nice one Moxx^^

I got a Fujitsu Siemens one. Came with the PC. I like it cause it's simple and good enough for CS/KZ. Lately i've noticed that some of the buttons (mostly A & D) are not responding as good as they should.

Nice that you created this thread faker. I'm looking for a new keyboard too.

liquidi10/12/2007 03:57

I have that Microsoft Internet Keyboard on my old computer (800 mhz thunderbird). It works fine but it's just too loud for my taste, i like more silent keyboards :) That's why i use Logitech UltraX but since it's modern cheap keyboard I'm not surprised if it has the 4-keys down problem, never noticed it myself tho.

If you want a really quality, silent keyboard buy one of the new IBM keyboards :)

pRopaaNS mapper10/12/2007 05:07

I have badest keyboard, brought about 5$, hate it, it`s very loud, stupid and very stupid! :(

p.s. my PC alerting when i press 5 keys... gL faker to resolve your problem! :)
[ Edited 12/10/07 - 05:10:24 ]

shako10/12/2007 05:53

Now I have a €10 keyboard (generic) but Before thisone I had a CompaQ THAT WAS an Incredible keyboard just nice (dont have any neon lights and that shit) Is just te perfect keyboard to use it!!!!!!!!
[ Edited 12/10/07 - 05:54:28 ]

SUBLIME10/12/2007 06:25

Logitech G15, like fischauge said

Page 1 of 3

Please log in to post replies.