USB Keyboards

Started by faker mapper
09/12/2007 08:01
Page 3 of 3
Arokh12/12/2007 13:34

I didn't buy 3. I bought 1. Why would I buy 3? I bought one, my dad bought one, my brother bought one. Read first.

Go ahead and smack your head against the wall then. While you're busy being angry and hurting yourself over my purchase i'll continue to enjoy my keyboard and feel it's $50 well spent. (Yes, 50. I bought it along with new computer equipment so about $10 was taken off. (also alongside the parts for a new computer, a $60 keyboard isn't a big deal))

Where does 100 keep coming from? You guys need to learn how to shop for computer parts :P
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126179

I didn't buy my keyboard OR mouse to kz. You think kz is my main game? Think again. :P

Untill recently taking a break i've played Eve Online for the past 4 years. And in that game alone i've used every G key, 1 to 18, on all 3 pre-sets for that game once I got my keyboard. I also use them for programs such as photoshop and premiere.

Anyway, Faker you've seen my opinion on the G15, and i still recommend it. (Assuming you play more then just KZ, ofcourse)

Dragon12/12/2007 13:48

of course you have to find some way how to "enjoy" your keyboard when you spend so much money for it ^^ normally, you wouldn't even THINK about binding some applications to keys, as the double-click speed is far more faster then using some psuedo-useful exra key on your keyboard.. but now you have the G15, so force yourself to use those keys, in order not to feel like a money-wasting idiot in front of yourself (doesn't matter that the extra keys are inconvenient, you're USING THEM!!!)

Vyrus12/12/2007 15:56

i have a 8 dollar keyboard and I can do those same commands vyrus... haha

supa

Of course you can bind it in keys not needed in game-play, but I somehow remember what's binded where when using the extra keys.

of course you have to find some way how to "enjoy" your keyboard when you spend so much money for it ^^

Dragon

70 euros isn't that much of money...

Dragon12/12/2007 16:01

for a keyboard it is.

Arokh13/12/2007 00:33

First, faker wouldn't be asking about keyboards if he wanted a $5 keyboard from office max. So there's your first flaw in trying to argue the price Dragon.


"normally, you wouldn't even THINK about binding some applications to keys, as the double-click speed is far more faster then using some psuedo-useful exra key on your keyboard" ... yeah because you can open specific program settings just by double-clicking the screen. Makes perfect sense.

I'm just going to spare everybody the long reasoning why you're a fuckin' toon dragon. And instead i'm going to give links to reviews people can read if their interested in buying the keyboard. In which can be seen that it's not just the extra keys that gives the keyboard its worth.

And i know you probably will continue with your broken record argument about extra keys. But here are the sources for everybody else.

http://www.everythingusb.com/logitech_g15_gaming_keyboard.html

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1870601,00.asp

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/logitech-g15.html

http://www.maximumcpu.net/archives/76

http://gear.ign.com/articles/675/675725p1.html

There are plenty more, you can just search google for G15 review and find them.

I don't feel at all regretful about buying this keyboard, extra keys aside the useful programs you can find for the LCD screen now days, and just the look and feel of playing the keyboard makes it worth the money. (imo)

If you're just looking for a keyboard that functions then you can buy any keyboard. But the G15 is just fun to use, it's visually appealing and other then maybe its size, there's nothing annoying about it. (and again, very rugged, spill a drink on it, I dare you :P) The keyboard's blue glow enhances the mood of any game i play that's not all action all the time. It just feels really good.

Dragon will probably say something about the keys and me being an idiot for buying the keyboard just for extra keys again, or how i only led myself to believe i enjoy my keyboard and in reality only "think" i enjoy my keyboard.. Geez, a conspiracy theorist of keyboards. (I'm waiting for "the government brainwashed you into enjoying your keyboard!")
[ Edited 12/13/07 - 00:40:24 ]

Supa13/12/2007 01:00

bind "f1" +alias...... +bhop.;wait.; haha

maybe when i get money i'll try one !!

liquidi13/12/2007 04:56

Well imo keyboard binding are must more convenient than mouse, that's why i don't use any icons on my desktop. I use mouse only for web surfing and games. Well maybe a bit more on Winblows.

About G-15, well it's the LCD monitor that spices up the price, what's the use? See the time, woah. I understand you can program it which is nice but then again it would be more convenient to use external programs to notify you about things, like incoming mail or something. And who does even look at keyboard when typing? Maybe I can change my mind, if Arokh you can give one good practical example for the use of LCD monitor :)

I'm not suspecting that the actual feel of the keys are bad but I don't see the point in spending on the extra features. If i would need one quality keyboard then it would be IBM. :P

Arokh13/12/2007 05:18

I used my LCD screen for showing me how much ammo and (espeicly) the ammount of cap (capictor) injector charges i had left in my cargo on Eve Online (so i didn't have to open my cargo window and scroll through it to see while in the middle of combat)

If you havn't played Eve Online you wouldn't quite know the importance of this, but basically you can set up your ship so many different ways.

The way i set up this one paticulear battleship was to do alot of damage up close, and to do that it needed to both A: get in range and B: Tank really well. And since most of the ships slots are dedicated to tackle functions (locking them down so they can't escape) i needed to use active cap instead of passive (passive would be a setup that makes the cap recharge fast enough to support what i needed to do) and since tanking drains alot of cap fast keeping tabs on how many charges i have left is crucial.

For games i don't have a special plugin for i still use it to check the time without leaving the game as well as change what's playing on my music player. (The less you leave a game, espeicly if it's one that's unstable alt-tabbing, the better)

Basically any game that has something that could be useful for a quick glance but dosn't otherwise give you an ability to look at it quickly in-game the LCD screen helps alot with.
[ Edited 12/13/07 - 05:20:01 ]

Supa13/12/2007 06:50

so if you don't have a plugin for a game or use music its pointless. ( i have a clock next to my comp and a watch.)

Dragon13/12/2007 10:31

lol arokh, you're never gonna admit that you are wrong (even if my arguments were very reasonable (apart from the fact that they are)), because by saying that you would also admit that you have thrown your money into a waste bin (just like you're brother and father - a zealous EVE-gamer who enjoys the LCD I guess) and you would have to apologize for all the stuff you said. And you're not going to do that under any conditions. I'm outta here. gl supa
[ Edited 12/13/07 - 10:32:29 ]

Arokh13/12/2007 11:55

lol .. right. (there's that arguement again)

Anyway, i've said alot on the G15 (while the entire time from the beginning dragon doing nothing but bitching and whining about my purchases)

I still recommend you check out the G15 faker, or the one z0k3rOO7 suggested. They are both really good keyboards for what you're asking for.

[ Edited 12/13/07 - 12:16:01 ]

joel14/12/2007 15:30

I prefer my Prodige FlatX Ultra keyboard .. its just what I wanted when i was buying a new keyboard .. no any macro buttons, just a keyboard what you only need! but the buttons are lilla bit slippery ^^

Page 3 of 3

Please log in to post replies.