USB Keyboards

Started by faker mapper
09/12/2007 08:01
Page 2 of 3
Simplicity10/12/2007 10:35

saitek FTW keyboard is fucking awesome!

DRUNKEN MASTER10/12/2007 18:30

http://www.nineteen79.co.uk/images/portfolio/samples/sample-pe_photo_interact.jpg
Logitech Internet Pro Keyboard - 10 € works great
[ Edited 12/10/07 - 18:31:34 ]

Aly00710/12/2007 19:35

hmm
faker how about Saitek Eclipse II ?
Soon i buy this keyboard,i see some reviews and pics and looks awesome.

cheche10/12/2007 20:18

Steelseries 6G

Just a perfect keyboard. Here is some info you can read yourself:

SteelSeries 6G highlights:

- Supports the use of up to 8 keys simultaneously

- Gold plated connectors to ensure low latency

- Designed for PS/2 (USB-converter included)

- Dimensions: 445mm x 185mm x 30mm (17.5in x 7.3in x 1.2in)



SteelSeries 6G was designed for hardcore RTS-gamers, which means it is extremely responsive, it features very low latency, it is comfortable to use and it is durable.



All keys on the SteelSeries 6G are designed to endure a life cycle of up to 60 million keystrokes, all connectors are gold plated with 18K gold to ensure low latency and offers the user fast and reliable response times even when using detailed and advanced key combinations.



SteelSeries 6G uses a specially designed buffer system, designed especially for PS/2 - up to 8 different keys can be used simultaneously. The use of PS/2 allows for easy plug-in to tournament computers at LAN-events and helps free up systems with limited USB-ports. Optional PS/2 to USB converter included.



To further enhance the look, feel and performance of SteelSeries 6G an extra keyset for all standard sized keys is included in the package. The extra keyset is held in a neutral grey color and helps eliminate the risk of performing unwanted keystrokes in the heat of the game.



The mechanical tactile system is ergonomically designed to ensure ease-of-use and the no-click switches makes SteelKeys 6G very comfortable to use. All keys are operated at 65g making the keyboard ideal for long gaming sessions.

http://www.steelseries.com/int/products/keyboards/6g/information

Supa10/12/2007 23:41

anyone can copy the description from the website haha since of course they are going to embellish it!

Arokh11/12/2007 00:57

G15, very standard in layout (no fancy button placement except for the Gxx keys on the left) A windows key lock switch (my favorite, no accidently hitting the windows key and being sent out of your game)

Very solid key strokes, very rugged keyboard. It's been designed purely for gaming, so you can expect the keys to be designed for constant punishment. I've had mine for over a year now and i still don't have any loose keys, the keyboard performs like it did when i first got it.

Other random features that are nice: The light up aspect of it, and the fact the only part of the keys that light up are the letters rather then the other way around, increasing it's resistance to wear and tear. (Because it's alot harder for your fingers to rub out, it's not just a bit of paint in the middle of a smooth plastic key)

The lcd display is nice, as you can check the time without leaving your game (I use it for this the most) You can also control your media player through it. The other nice thing about it is that it's modable, people have created their own uses for it, and i'm sure if someone wanted they could create a plugin for it that will display your lj stats (fairly useless, i know, but it's the fact it can be done)

Only downside would be the price, but it's worth it imo.

All-in-all I highly reccomend this keyboard.

[ Edited 12/11/07 - 01:01:29 ]

Supa11/12/2007 02:15

I hate all the extra button though on keyboards :?

boom.dll11/12/2007 02:51

the most important thing for me in a keyboard is the smoothness of the keys. the softer they are, the better :)

and like supa said, i hate extra buttons,don`t need them. there`s quick launch bar for that, or some sidebars like vista sidebar & shit like that :D

Arokh11/12/2007 04:08

"I hate all the extra buttons though on keyboards"
Their out of the way and in no way get in the way of any normal keyboard operations, if you cut between the extra keys and the rest of the keyboard it wouldn't be any different in terms of the rest of the keyboard. Every keyboard now days have extra keys we don't need, but they are there for people who would want them :P

"There's quick launch bar for that..." The quick launch bar and the extra keys on the G15 are entirely different things :P

The keys on the keyboard are bindable to whatever you want with them. Hell you can set up a button to run a restart script for demoing without actually having to make a script. Say you have K to kill, ] to record and [ to stop. You can set a button to essentialy hit [, K, wait, ]

Let me see quick launch do that :P

Since the buttons are well out of the way and don't get in the way of anything, i don't see any problem with them. They are simply there for the "It's better to have it and not need it, rather then need it and not have it" aspect.

boom.dll11/12/2007 12:40

i`m not talking about scripting in cs. i know u can bind a key to do virtually anything, i`m talking about the small buttons that control the volume, open my computer, IExplorer, etc... u get it... besides the fact they just make a keyboard look bulky (big) they are of no use to me. ur right tho, those sort of buttons are for people who need them :)

i dont :P

Dragon11/12/2007 12:49

I don't really believe there are people who use those buttons. buying a "gaming" keyboard is like the worst way how to spend your money. Why should I pay for the extra buttons when I'm not going to use them?

Vyrus11/12/2007 15:20

I don't really believe there are people who use those buttons. buying a "gaming" keyboard is like the worst way how to spend your money. Why should I pay for the extra buttons when I'm not going to use them?

Dragon

I use a G15 and I can tell those buttons have been used a lot e.g. in CS. I've binded commands like "say /start", "stop;sv_restart 1;record x", "say /gocheck" and so on to them.

Edit: grammar ack
[ Edited 12/11/07 - 15:36:02 ]

Dragon11/12/2007 15:27

I guess you use those buttons only to be able to say : I didn't waste my money.

veer12/12/2007 05:39

i have shitty dell and it sucks :{

Supa12/12/2007 05:59

i have a 8 dollar keyboard and I can do those same commands vyrus... haha

oRioN12/12/2007 06:41

Hi , Im Juraj an Im an alcoholic.. (lets start like that and continue like this (you can do it like this) (..how to..?, get the level, deep the shit the shit is deep coz of fallin from high (COKE&MM double trouble crazy, can you feel me?), ) Ok that was start to make you make a deeper look in subreal deeper thinking, supertweaked human (me) typing shit like actually learning how to type (caught by low level of thinking = speaking the shit, army shit (food for soldiers to kill some time) (look cool but actually say nothing at all (LiKe you gotta handbrake pushed nice) but after time I got bored of it (so lucky and so bad, coz now I know what I know and see what I see and know what Ill never get (killin me) (still takin it real, if you aint scared, you will get it coz you know it)), gotta spit the ultimate knowledge=this is unreal, you can have 10 0 different looks on the world and none (of em YEAH? =D) will be real , so you arent too (YEAH!) and you dont know a shit (yeah you think you know this shits but actually, im telling it and you dont and next thing im telling you, you dont know me and the shit whats happenin around so why you care if you dont know what you want and in the END and in my HUMBLE=D (real) opinion I think (= am sure of (all things what I type here, w/o any filters, THE CARDS) I am the cheapest xj-wr ex-holder (geektime/motivation to achievements ratio) clintmo bhops maps done - (when I was still so stupid (ye, take it real) to spend so much time in shit like cs and develop this stupid sensless thingy (pro level = low life (life = life with all that things you can ever get/dream of, like, you know im sayin .. life), great life = 2nd best , the best life = your own, you make your choice.. your life.. get it , you can think like this one, think more, .. ok thats what wanted to say, now everybody know Im poor excsmanik but nobody actually get the thing why I do it (because I show sth diff, diff look @ world , express what you feel/think, maybe I have helped make your LIFE better and so no on im happy (even if a bit)

TO POINT (MY OPINION): The shit is over usb keybord def the best (500 hz) Zboard was the performance + 518 500hz + lookin how to/getting the think how to do better easy and fast) you had just badluck faker, shoulda buy sth you knew its good, just BL

Arokh12/12/2007 08:43

Boom: look at a picture of the G15, not a single "internet explorer" button to be found on it :P the only buttons are the G keys, small buttons above them to change pre-sets, a macro button, a windows button lock switch, a mute button, a button to turn on and off the backlight, and the LCD screen controls, which are hidden when it's folded down.

Dragon: I'm sorry but you're kinda dumb to think most of the price of the G15 is in it's 18 extra "g key" buttons, It isn't just a flimsy keyboard with expensive gimmicks. :P

It's very solid, very rugged, and very responsive. My old keyboard had loose WASD keys that were losing their responsiveness.(not to mention completely white, with everything being rubbed out) Same with my Dad's keyboard and my Brother's keyboard. We all switched to the G15 and still over a year later all the keys are just as responsive and tight as they were when we got them.

The G15 dosn't get really good reviews just because it has extra buttons. :P

Edit: And orion, paragraph your posts. Nobody likes reading a continuous line of words >.<



[ Edited 12/12/07 - 08:46:06 ]

boom.dll12/12/2007 09:34

i have a 8 dollar keyboard and I can do those same commands vyrus... haha

supa


see arokh...u dont need those buttons. there are certain programs that let u bind a combination of keys to do w/e u like! :)

Dragon12/12/2007 09:36

wow. how cool is that. I got my keyboard for over 2 years and I've been experiencing no problems with it as well. arokh you really make me wanna smack my head against a wall when you say you actually bought 3! g15-s..

boom.dll12/12/2007 09:41

well dragon, i`m kinda like u. i don`t see the point in spending 100E on a keyboard (or for that matter on a mouse) cause from what i`ve seen there are good ljers, climbers, bhoppers out there that don`t use expensive tools. it`s not like u`r keyboard or mouse will do the jump for u. u still have to use ur fingers. and imo, ur hands are the most important thing in kz. xD

however. if u use a keyboard not only for cs/kz (games in general) the best thing u can do is go to a store and see the keyboard, feel the keys, and if it`s possible, try it! imo the best thing in a keyboard are soft and silent keys. i have a 10E keyboard in its just perfect for me! :)

Page 2 of 3

Please log in to post replies.