Longjumping or normal Kreedz?

01/03/2008 18:43
Page 1 of 3
Scary Tournament #201/03/2008 18:43

Lately longjumping has become bigger and bigger, I've noticed that the most discussed issues is about longjumping, (prestrafe,maxspeed,sensitivity,maxlenght,strafes etc.) and less normal kreedz talking. Except that one forum for KZ-history.

So I want to ask what you prefer, longjumping or normal Kreedz?

Please state your opinion and/or comment other peoples statements. I want to have a discusion going on.

Let me start, I've been more and more involved in longjumping, naturally, and finding it more and more exciting to see how much the HL-engine can be pushed by the human mentality, and watching stars like Bibo, sniperOK and OtcHeTo breaking the worldrecords and proving that dedication, hardwork and talent will improve your skills considering longjumping. I'm asking myself, is longjumping the only way you are able to REALLY impress the community?

But, then we see some returns of some of the greatest players (a0ke, t3d and now supa) coming back, proving that the limits of normal jumping haven't been reached. And to watch and follow alltime favourites like zhady and brian beating unbreakable demos by so many seconds, improving, constantly. Furhermore constantly reminding me that the limits of KZ haven't been reached, and when I see the best demos being kidnapped and battled upon I get the greatest excitements.

So therefore, there is no question in my mind, I'd rather see a unique demo being completed even faster than I would have ever thought possible.

I choose normal Kreedz jumping.

//Sir_Scary.


LOLLY mapper01/03/2008 18:49

If you fail at kz, start ljing.

remo01/03/2008 18:51

Originally posted by LOLLY
If you fail at kz, start ljing.

100% agree:D

KNiFEAR01/03/2008 18:52

for me both actually lol:D
but the best is to watch demos of really good longjumpers cause i in general enjoy their strafes more:D although i'd rather see a flawless demo by a good kz player than a half-decent by a good longjumper:D
i think kz and lj is pretty much the same, they don't need 2 be divided in different groups, its both pretty much just kz 4me:D

Scary Tournament #201/03/2008 18:54

What do you enjoy playing the most then?

mgD01/03/2008 18:54

i choose KZ,cuz i don't jump LJ very often :D

lalevUl01/03/2008 18:55(edited 01/03/2008 19:09)

KZ, but it's fun to chill with LJ sometimes. But KZ is way more fun.

Bibo01/03/2008 18:59

kz. imo you should have at least 3 world records to put your lj recs in the thread, that way we could see the longjumps from good jumpers, not from random ppl geekin lj 24/7

ackE01/03/2008 19:06

Originally posted by Bibo
kz. imo you should have at least 3 world records to put your lj recs in the thread, that way we could see the longjumps from good jumpers, not from random ppl geekin lj 24/7


That sounds like a good idea, cuz I've never watched any other LJ demo other than 254 and 255 demos ;D , or some proplayers LJs (:D)

Scary Tournament #201/03/2008 19:10

ackE me neither, I've never watched below 253 I think. Only yeah's and rebels demo.

puppetz mapper01/03/2008 19:23

I prefer climbing... there's so much more in it, and it will never stop evolving, IMO. Though I must admit that it's fun to do lj's some days when you feel like you have good strafes or whatever.

I bet noone is gonna say they prefer lj here, they are probably afraid that other people will "blame" them.

Simplicity01/03/2008 19:45

kz> lj any day, lj's to me become boring after 5mins

tracey blast mapper01/03/2008 20:18(edited 22/10/2010 16:47)

. XD

Dezp001/03/2008 20:29

kz > hns > lj

wRath` mapper01/03/2008 20:40

KZ owns LJ'ing, I don't get why people thinks it is so damn fun to jump from a block to another one. It is okay to do SC's or jumps on different maps though.

But KZ > LJ.

PepoMerca01/03/2008 20:47

Originally posted by LOLLY
If you fail at kz, start ljing.

omg I always thought that!

Mehz01/03/2008 21:14

climbing. definitely more fun, although longjumping can be fun when you're really bored.

Dacca01/03/2008 21:23

#1 Kreedz
#2 HNS
#3 LJ/CJ/HJ/BJ
:D

Sioux01/03/2008 21:28

Originally posted by KNiFEAR
but the best is to watch demos of really good longjumpers cause i in general enjoy their strafes more:D although i'd rather see a flawless demo by a good kz player than a half-decent by a good longjumper:D
i think kz and lj is pretty much the same, they don't need 2 be divided in different groups, its both pretty much just kz 4me:D


12345668780

loopah01/03/2008 21:31

I get tired of just lookin at the mapname kz_longjumps, i LJ 2min a week... Normal kreedzling is the best.. my lj rec is 245 on block, enough to complete almost all maps.. =)So, climbing it is!

Page 1 of 3

Please log in to post replies.