Longjumping or normal Kreedz?

01/03/2008 18:43
Page 2 of 3
r0fl01/03/2008 22:32

not sure what ur asking scary. whether ppl like longjumping in kz_longjumps only or longjumping in general vs climbing? or whether people like watching ljs in kz_longjumps or watching climbing wrs... ?:D

liquidi02/03/2008 01:21

Originally posted by LOLLY
If you fail at kz, start ljing.


What more needs to be said? LJ is just a subset of kzing.

colix mapper02/03/2008 02:07

ljing is jus jumping from one block to another one as someone said before. climbing is fun, it cant be bored cuz there r always new tricks, new maps, its always exciting.
ofc its nice to see some good ljer geeking 250+ with every jump, but i dont find it as exciting as a pwnz demo of a nice bhop map or just a normal climb map.
so i guess its obivous, my chosen is CLIMBING FO SHO

faorlando02/03/2008 02:36(edited 02/03/2008 02:40)

I prefer KZ,well a lot of my friend enjoy practising the lj skills.Almost all of them can jump an status of 250,however,none of them can accomplish an big xtreme map called kz_kzsca_mineblock with checkpoints.
Well,I can do that within 35min with checkpoints,not a good rec but somehow better than those guys keep tormenting themselves as well as the mouse and keyboard,:D.
I am quite sure that doing a gj on a kz map or a lj map can both make you feel great.But the latter is not a good way to enjoy yourselves.I mean when many years have passed, you may consider that practising lj skills ONLY is totally a waste of time,while playing on kz maps can be thought like a magic trip on an unbelivable place.

puppetz mapper02/03/2008 02:58

Originally posted by faorlando
I prefer KZ,well a lot of my friend enjoy practising the lj skills.Almost all of them can jump an status of 250,however,none of them can accomplish an big xtreme map called kz_kzsca_mineblock with checkpoints.
Well,I can do that within 35min with checkpoints,not a good rec but somehow better than those guys keep tormenting themselves as well as the mouse and keyboard,:D.
I am quite sure that doing a gj on a kz map or a lj map can both make you feel great.But the latter is not a good way to enjoy yourselves.I mean when many years have passed, you may consider that practising lj skills ONLY is totally a waste of time,while playing on kz maps can be thought like a magic trip on an unbelivable place.


That's very well spoken, dude ..

NumB02/03/2008 03:52

Kreedz. Only people are forgetting it. Since jumping got popular people stopped making maps with random techniques. What ended, thet evrybody forgot what are kz maps. Kz maps are (have to be) maps where you have to use random hl-engine bugs to finish it in the best time, but... Now there are only two types of maps: strafes & bhops. Did anyone ever seen a map where there is an eb or jb or sb in a normal way? - nope. Did anyone seen maps with 250unit jumps in normal way? - all of you did. So what's the result? - since kreedz got popular people forgot what kreedz is & what it has to be. :(

raver mapper02/03/2008 03:59

Originally posted by NumB
Kreedz. Only people are forgetting it. Since jumping got popular people stopped making maps with random techniques. What ended, thet evrybody forgot what are kz maps. Kz maps are (have to be) maps where you have to use random hl-engine bugs to finish it in the best time, but... Now there are only two types of maps: strafes & bhops. Did anyone ever seen a map where there is an eb or jb or sb in a normal way? - nope. Did anyone seen maps with 250unit jumps in normal way? - all of you did. So what's the result? - since kreedz got popular people forgot what kreedz is & what it has to be. :(


mountainpass is fucking kreedz only!

J1`02/03/2008 06:10

i think in cg_hitnrun you have to do an eb, right?

Mehz02/03/2008 10:43

Originally posted by Dumble.
i think in cg_hitnrun you have to do an eb, right?


yup.

and LOL NumB, if you have to do a jb, that'll be waay to hard for most people.

akkord mapper02/03/2008 12:07

i prefer finding trickjumps on default maps :D and of course climbing

FXtrt04/03/2008 21:10

Lj is good for me every man needs some geek )
climbing is interesting but it is hard for some to do it w/o cp and if I can't finish the map I 'll prefer to do some 250 block cause I know i will do it and it will be more pleasure than stuck in 1 place on a map and hate myself cause i cant make it :)
In real it is phylosofical question kz or lj
you cant say which one is better or get some statistic and votes If you say that lj geek is boorin you just dont understand another opinion and didn't feel senses of real ljing whitch are blow you up when you do some raw on high blocks it is fast and beautiful movings and if u do 250 stable you can do any map just need a time to geek it )
My choise is Lj and I think climbing is standing after LONGJUMPING but as some man say - different comunities can accept it or not

FXtrt04/03/2008 21:13

In real my firs map was kzfr_lj :D
and may be for others it was kz_giantbean :-)
How you start then you continiue same )

Vyrus04/03/2008 21:55

Originally posted by FXtrt
Lj is good for me every man needs some geek )
climbing is interesting but it is hard for some to do it w/o cp and if I can't finish the map I 'll prefer to do some 250 block cause I know i will do it and it will be more pleasure than stuck in 1 place on a map and hate myself cause i cant make it :)
In real it is phylosofical question kz or lj
you cant say which one is better or get some statistic and votes If you say that lj geek is boorin you just dont understand another opinion and didn't feel senses of real ljing whitch are blow you up when you do some raw on high blocks it is fast and beautiful movings and if u do 250 stable you can do any map just need a time to geek it )
My choise is Lj and I think climbing is standing after LONGJUMPING but as some man say - different comunities can accept it or not


So, what you're actually saying (compressed into one sentence) is:

Originally posted by LOLLY
If you fail at kz, start ljing.

akM05/03/2008 10:00

I agree with NumB about the last maps that have to many lj's and stuff, but eb and jb and stuff in a map is also crap, that's luck not skill imo. I hope the new maps will have good fast kz parts, maybe a few hops to keep it nicely and smooth.

OT: kz.

Judah05/03/2008 12:09(edited 12/03/2008 17:26)

Since I did 250 block, I've got much more confidence (in longjumping), so I longjump quiet more than I used to.

So my list looks nice this: Kreedzing, longjumping, hns(hideandseek), trickjumping. However, the list of course can be mixed. Maybe I sometimes play more longjumping than I do kreedzing. Or more hideandseek etc. So it's kind of mixed up. But the list is just the standard :).


Juhmp05/03/2008 15:08

kz_kzfr_statueofliberty > all

Sw1ft105/03/2008 16:35

i jumped for a long time and have since quit.... when i look back at it, the time spent LJing/CJing etc seems like a massive waste of time. the KZing was always fun though and i dont regret that. the people that practice LJ 24/7 are more caught up in trying to accomplish something than having fun.

Scary Tournament #206/03/2008 14:23

Nice answer Sw1ft1!

I think you are right!

Fliborecord holder Tournament #206/03/2008 16:15(edited 06/03/2008 16:18)

It's almost the same really. When you're trying to record some map, you mostly spend a lot of time to it. My first record, rpz_downfall[race] in 00:48, took me 4 hours to record. And that was fun?

Sometimes when I'm jumping new maps and I'm not trying to get a good time it might be fun.

From a neutral view, I think KZ is funnier when jumping it with your friends and comparing times etc. Of course LJ can be fun when playing it with your friends, but it's just geeking one jump, and when you get that jump done, then you're going to the next jump which is 1 unit further. It might be fun in the beginning but you will (should) grow tired of it when the jumps are getting very hard.

Also in KZ, there's 2 sweet things. You can try to make the best time, not to try to beat the hardest map only. That gives nice variety it since in LJ there's no matter how fast you are, just how hard the jump is.

Blah, I hope you understood something :(

clair mapper06/03/2008 17:31

Originally posted by NumB
Kreedz. Only people are forgetting it. Since jumping got popular people stopped making maps with random techniques. What ended, thet evrybody forgot what are kz maps. Kz maps are (have to be) maps where you have to use random hl-engine bugs to finish it in the best time, but... Now there are only two types of maps: strafes & bhops. Did anyone ever seen a map where there is an eb or jb or sb in a normal way? - nope. Did anyone seen maps with 250unit jumps in normal way? - all of you did. So what's the result? - since kreedz got popular people forgot what kreedz is & what it has to be. :(


those types of bugs (for example on gigablock) are huge unintended shortcuts. making maps takes a really long time, so the mapper doesnt want their map destroyed, or they might end up like Tommy. they arent used without shortcuts because a lot of it is luck whether you get it or not.
there arent any more maps that use those techniques because they were unintentional in the past. why do you think sucky redid desertblock and took out the big edgebug shortcut? to answer the question, i dont see how people can longjump for such a long time, and i perfer normal kreedz by a longshot. i dont feel that people have "forgotten what kreedz is" other than the load of people that can only longjump.

Page 2 of 3

Please log in to post replies.