Bhopping faster than walking.

Started by wRath` mapper
25/04/2008 23:22
Page 2 of 4
wRath` mapper26/04/2008 17:05

Damn that's cool eDark.. I've always known about this, just didn't think about proving it before now..
I said in a cup once that I could bhop faster than running, and everybody said I was lying.

I've also played cups where the guy is a little in front of me, and I've bhopped past him.

peak26/04/2008 19:23

otcheto try HNS :P i've played it alot and i can tell you that fastrun is slower than bhop.

lalevUl26/04/2008 21:48

Originally posted by peak
otcheto try HNS :P i've played it alot and i can tell you that fastrun is slower than bhop.

word, but otcheto doesnt know that beacuse he only has kz_longjumps in his map folder..

Fliborecord holder Tournament #227/04/2008 00:06

Why nobody uses search? There has been threads like this and every time it has been proven that bhops are faster.

wRath` mapper27/04/2008 00:20

Sorry Flibo, but I've never seen a thread like this :/

padnaliQ27/04/2008 00:57

Originally posted by wRath^
Sorry Flibo, but I've never seen a thread like this :/

Then what's this? http://xtreme-jumps.eu/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?17021.post
:P

Scary Tournament #227/04/2008 13:21

Originally posted by eDark
if you do perfect bhops all the time its about 11% faster than fast walking


End of story. :)

In eDark we trust.

peteR^27/04/2008 13:28

What if eDark's wrong and he's wasted? :O

anny027/04/2008 16:05

eDark's never wrong!! :)

Grrr27/04/2008 18:25

btw I found some strange ground-strafing technique, where u can get 276 average speed and u move faster... but u can't go faster to the target cuz of the left/right moving. I found it while scripting... dunno it's possible for humans l8r will post some demo :/

rhoiswar27/04/2008 18:38

Originally posted by IchWill
btw I found some strange ground-strafing technique, where u can get 276 average speed and u move faster... but u can't go faster to the target cuz of the left/right moving. I found it while scripting... dunno it's possible for humans l8r will post some demo :/


that's strafe walking and everyone knows that :P

JAy27/04/2008 20:17

lol yeah its kinda old

rhoiswar27/04/2008 22:13

o and if you dont know, to do it you just keep tapping right or left while you're running. you can also use walls to do it

wRath` mapper27/04/2008 23:28

Didn't know that at all :P

Tried doing go_fastrun with this technique, but it's uberhard. Map is just too long.

Caffeine28/04/2008 07:31(edited 28/04/2008 07:33)

Originally posted by eDark
if you do perfect bhops all the time its about 11% faster than fast walking


eDark, what's the meaning of FAST WALKING? Not 250 units/sec (knife/usp)?

oTcHeTo28/04/2008 07:56

fast walk W + a or d constant tapping - 260 speed all the time

BooLiSH28/04/2008 11:37(edited 28/04/2008 11:38)

Originally posted by rhoiswar
Originally posted by IchWill
btw I found some strange ground-strafing technique, where u can get 276 average speed and u move faster... but u can't go faster to the target cuz of the left/right moving. I found it while scripting... dunno it's possible for humans l8r will post some demo :/


that's strafe walking and everyone knows that :P


he said "276 average speed"
with fast run you have ~260 max

Grrr28/04/2008 11:54

I can't get 100 fps but here it is with 60 fps.. http://www.sendspace.com/file/6n277f
if u wanna l8r I'll post with 100 fps

MuscLe28/04/2008 13:17

I think bhoping ain't faster than normal walking

StormZz28/04/2008 13:19

@IchWill
lol, that looked so weird.
Is that a script and if not, how the fuck do u do that?

Page 2 of 4

Please log in to post replies.