Bhopping faster than walking.

Started by wRath` mapper
25/04/2008 23:22
Page 4 of 4
Fliborecord holder Tournament #215/08/2008 13:56

Originally posted by IchWill
Originally posted by Flibo
Originally posted by IchWill
I've already made it 00:32, and If I'm little quicker maybe 00:31 , and I was wrong on my calculation' post >If u have more average maxspeed (horizontal) u will go faster so its not important to do always 299 pre (and to have less than 300 maxspeed)


Well that's kinda what I was asking for, average speed. Perfect would be; 299 pre, 350+ maxspeed, SLOW DOWN to 299, and repeat. WITH standupbhops.

Slowing down might be unpractical tho ^^


Its easier without reducing your maxspeed to 350~ horizontal speed is horizontal speed.. if u got 364 maxspeed (364 - 50 = 314 - 50 = 264 ) u will get 264 prestrafe 264 > 250 u/s (default).. anyways it doesn't matter how much maxspeed u get.. u just need to keep it around 299~+


Are you sure about that -50? Then the optimal maxspeed would be 349 :/

Grrr15/08/2008 14:22

dunno.. thought so but I think that there's no difference cuz u always can get more than 250 u/s pre with perfect bhops, and IMO there's no difference between stand-ups and default bhops in bhop running.. btw here u go go_fastrun in 32 secs http://www.sendspace.com/file/tndpo3 ..I little fuck'd it up at the end, maybe 31 is possible ?

Rodrig0v15/08/2008 18:17

actually.... if you have seen my 3rd movie, i did 17 bhops on the head of my friend, while he is running at 250 units per second. And I didn't do standups, so i think with standups u might go faster than running, that is.. if they are perfectly done.

wRath` mapper15/08/2008 18:57

Yeah, but you tried to land on his head all the time, and not go fast, so it's not the same thing. In the demo I posted, I don't use standups.

akM15/08/2008 19:12

rofl still discussing this? I remember this was also discussed about 1 YEAR ago, bhop is faster. the end

wRath` mapper15/08/2008 21:39

Well, someone keeps bumping this, and yes discussion is ended.

Fliborecord holder Tournament #216/08/2008 11:32(edited 16/08/2008 11:34)

We're just discussing about which is the best way to bhop or something :P

Originally posted by IchWill
dunno.. thought so but I think that there's no difference cuz u always can get more than 250 u/s pre with perfect bhops, and IMO there's no difference between stand-ups and default bhops in bhop running.. btw here u go go_fastrun in 32 secs http://www.sendspace.com/file/tndpo3 ..I little fuck'd it up at the end, maybe 31 is possible ?


I think standups are faster, because the time you're on air is longer => maxspeed is better for a longer time. If you use normal bhops, you can't get so good maxspeed and you're less in the air. So the average should be better in standups.

EDIT: 00:31 must be possible... Here's my 00:33 if you're interested :P http://www.dump.no/files/6fc72ab044db/go_fastrun_Flibo_0033.rar

Grrr16/08/2008 11:56

Originally posted by Flibo
We're just discussing about which is the best way to bhop or something :P

Originally posted by IchWill
dunno.. thought so but I think that there's no difference cuz u always can get more than 250 u/s pre with perfect bhops, and IMO there's no difference between stand-ups and default bhops in bhop running.. btw here u go go_fastrun in 32 secs http://www.sendspace.com/file/tndpo3 ..I little fuck'd it up at the end, maybe 31 is possible ?


I think standups are faster, because the time you're on air is longer => maxspeed is better for a longer time. If you use normal bhops, you can't get so good maxspeed and you're less in the air. So the average should be better in standups.

EDIT: 00:31 must be possible... Here's my 00:33 if you're interested :P http://www.dump.no/files/6fc72ab044db/go_fastrun_Flibo_0033.rar


maybe you're right, but IMO there doesn't matter the time in air cuz in stand-ups is longer, but u do the next bhop pre slower than ordinary bhop, cuz you're ducking.. but in ordinary bhop u don't have that bonus time in air.. btw nice demo :)

StormZz16/08/2008 20:29

I won almost all speedbattles with standup-bhopping against walking(fastrun),so standup is the fastest for me.

boom.dll16/08/2008 20:48

you are not human StormZz ... so you dont count :D

wRath` mapper16/08/2008 22:26

StormzZ is the bhopping bulldozer ;)

oTcHeTo17/08/2008 14:45

bump ^_^

supergaris18/08/2008 07:40

Originally posted by IchWill
perfect bhoping... http://www.sendspace.com/file/9wfmm7
gl flamez0rs


Seems pretty perfect... But isn't bhopping with 299 maxspeed without strafing also fast? BTW try to make 00:32 in go_fastrun... I've made 00:33.
bhopping with 299 maxspeed without strafing


UltrababY18/08/2008 09:47

I think the fastest moving in direction is :

strafe to speed 299.9 than jump straight w/o strafing by normal bhop w/o standup BhoP.

Of course,your every jumps must be perfect,which means " no speed loss,to be 299.9 in the direction

always".

We all know that Standup BHop Can not let you increase the level of direction on the speed, this is only an increase of you in the air time.

in other words standup bhop doesnot make u moving faster .


OK. For example: your FPS keep on 100.0 .Your every jumps is perfect. It means that the time of one frame is 0.01s.

To normal bhop ,landing and take-off occurred in the same frame (the same 0.01s).

But to standup bhop,landing and take-off occurred in the diffrent frame, the moment of take-off is later one frame than the moment of landing .(the time between landing and taking-off is 0.01s)


Well u can understand like this: At first U jump at 0.00s and u land at 0.65s

1. if u bhop normaly u will take-off at 0.65s,too.Just at the moment when u have landed.
2. if u stand-up bunnyhop u will take-off at 0.66s.

Nearly U just stay where u are in the 0.01s .

So in my opinion, strafing to speed 299.9 than jump straight w/o strafing by normal bhop w/o standup BhoP is the fastest moving.

Page 4 of 4

Please log in to post replies.