Bhopping faster than walking.

Started by wRath` mapper
25/04/2008 23:22
Page 3 of 4
Grrr28/04/2008 13:24

Well.. I already told that I found it with script.. and I don't know can human do this... btw I can do now 277 average speed but it's not useful at running, but maybe its helpful at some "W-Prestrafing"(when u don't have too enough space for pre) :D

wRath` mapper28/04/2008 15:02

Originally posted by MuscLe
I think bhoping ain't faster than normal walking


It is..

mdq28/04/2008 19:37

I allways bhop to kill with knive at pcw

rhoiswar28/04/2008 23:08

Originally posted by BooLiSH
Originally posted by rhoiswar
Originally posted by IchWill
btw I found some strange ground-strafing technique, where u can get 276 average speed and u move faster... but u can't go faster to the target cuz of the left/right moving. I found it while scripting... dunno it's possible for humans l8r will post some demo :/


that's strafe walking and everyone knows that :P


he said "276 average speed"
with fast run you have ~260 max


wall strafe = 278

joel30/04/2008 16:24

how to do that wall strafe?

oTcHeTo30/04/2008 16:31

well walk near a wall with your mouse at the wall +W or watch on the other side - to the next wall and hit W+A

abner.L30/04/2008 18:33

perfect bhopping......so hard

Thedy01/05/2008 18:35

Originally posted by Mehz
Originally posted by Gamster
thedy did a video a long time ago:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=0O_p2MhPlJ4


not legit

no Meth, i dont cheated on that demo, just some mouth of kz, and try it yourself :).

anyways, yes.. the bhoping its faster, much faster than runing.

Grrr15/06/2008 17:06(edited 15/06/2008 17:15)

If i calculated right...
You move with 250 u/s
Bhop standup time is 0.66
1 - 0.66 = 0.34 sec = 34% bonus time
250 - 34% = 165 units
So u must move with 165+ units after each bhop to move faster than walking and u shoud have maximum 299 maxspeed to do the next bhop right
Correct me if I'm wrong

Haga^10/07/2008 22:35

ye it is faster than walking.. but i saw a guy who runs in 260 all the time.. and another in 265.. its impossible to run away from them in hns.. but does their hihg speed effect their prestrafe in lj?? and how can u run faster..? :)

Haga^10/07/2008 22:36

and how do u wallstrafe? :D

cC|SpiNe10/07/2008 22:39

Originally posted by oTcHeTo
well walk near a wall with your mouse at the wall +W or watch on the other side - to the next wall and hit W+A

Grrr15/08/2008 06:42

perfect bhoping... http://www.sendspace.com/file/9wfmm7
gl flamez0rs

Fliborecord holder Tournament #215/08/2008 08:44

Originally posted by IchWill
perfect bhoping... http://www.sendspace.com/file/9wfmm7
gl flamez0rs


Seems pretty perfect... But isn't bhopping with 299 maxspeed without strafing also fast? BTW try to make 00:32 in go_fastrun... I've made 00:33.

Grrr15/08/2008 08:54(edited 15/08/2008 13:52)

I've already made it 00:32, and If I'm little quicker maybe 00:31 , and I was wrong on my calculation' post >If u have more average maxspeed (horizontal) u will go faster so its not important to do always 299 pre (and to have less than 300 maxspeed)

$m@r715/08/2008 11:01

bhoping is faster then walking 100% but then running, thats the question :D

cC|SpiNe15/08/2008 11:31

Heck, bhopping is faster then running IRL, dunno why they don't use it in the olympics.

Ggs`15/08/2008 12:46

Where can i find this map "go_fastrun"?

Fliborecord holder Tournament #215/08/2008 13:20(edited 15/08/2008 13:32)

Originally posted by IchWill
I've already made it 00:32, and If I'm little quicker maybe 00:31 , and I was wrong on my calculation' post >If u have more average maxspeed (vertical) u will go faster so its not important to do always 299 pre (and to have less than 300 maxspeed)


Well that's kinda what I was asking for, average speed. Perfect would be; 299 pre, 350+ maxspeed, SLOW DOWN to 299, and repeat. WITH standupbhops.

Slowing down might be unpractical tho ^^

Grrr15/08/2008 13:50(edited 15/08/2008 13:51)

Originally posted by Flibo
Originally posted by IchWill
I've already made it 00:32, and If I'm little quicker maybe 00:31 , and I was wrong on my calculation' post >If u have more average maxspeed (horizontal) u will go faster so its not important to do always 299 pre (and to have less than 300 maxspeed)


Well that's kinda what I was asking for, average speed. Perfect would be; 299 pre, 350+ maxspeed, SLOW DOWN to 299, and repeat. WITH standupbhops.

Slowing down might be unpractical tho ^^


Its easier without reducing your maxspeed to 350~ horizontal speed is horizontal speed.. if u got 364 maxspeed (364 - 50 = 314 - 50 = 264 ) u will get 264 prestrafe 264 > 250 u/s (default).. anyways it doesn't matter how much maxspeed u get.. u just need to keep it around 299~+

Page 3 of 4

Please log in to post replies.