Picture sharing
What's your camera?
What lens(es) did you use?
Panoramas done with tripod + merging or wide-angle + cropping?
Great work there, it makes me want to spend more time in Photography, my EOS 550D is more working for videos than photos atm ^^
Originally posted by ndRWhat's your camera?
What lens(es) did you use?
Panoramas done with tripod + merging or wide-angle + cropping?
Great work there, it makes me want to spend more time in Photography, my EOS 550D is more working for videos than photos atm ^^
My camera is Rebel XT, I think you mentioned that you had the same one before t2i :)
I have used 4 different lenses so far, i still have 3 of them:
-Canon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 -stock
-Canon 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 - used for few weeks, sold it, the zoom is insane though
-Canon 50mm f/1.8 - some shots with it coming up, lovely bokeh
and my favourite one so far
-Sigma 30mm f/1.4 - amazing quality for a fairly low price. I took it off only once since the time i bought it, I highly recommend checking it out :)
Panoramas posted here were done without a tripod (because I didn't have one) but some new ones made with tripod are coming up soon :) To be honest I don't really need a tripod with shutter speed lower than 1/100. But yeah I use it in darker conditions.
The video you posted recently was amazing, keep it up dude!! The quality is really way better than i actually expected! Your lens is awesome too, I tried it out once, gotta say the zoom was awesome!
One thing I'd really love to have though is Full-Frame camera, because I really hate the frame crop on my XT. The image is 1.6x more zoomed in than the real outcome. I'd love to do some real wide-angle or even fisheye shots :\ 5D MK1 is the closest option in this case but it costs like ~$1300 which is a lot for me at this moment.
The 5D Mk II is more expansive but if you want to spend that much money, you really should consider saving money more months and get a Mk2 ;)
Thanks for my movie, glad you liked it, I'm still learning how to handle it, and it's not easy at all :)
About full-frame, I believe that AP-S lenses (the ones we use) cannot be used with it... Am I wrong?
If I'm not, that's a pain in the ass afterwards to buy lenses since they cost so freaking much :D
The EOS 7D seems to be the current Must-Have in the AP-S category, I tried it once I have to admit that it is awesome
A lot of lenses are compatible with both AP-S and FF :) that's why it's so flexible, you can switch any part of your inventory any time
Damn opa you look like you know everything about that :D
I am thinking to buy a camera but I am not looking for anything special.I am amateur with this stuff and I don't wanna spend more then 250e.Can you suggest me something for beginners? :)
Originally posted by FLPDamn opa you look like you know everything about that :D
I am thinking to buy a camera but I am not looking for anything special.I am amateur with this stuff and I don't wanna spend more then 250e.Can you suggest me something for beginners? :)
You cannot consider buying a DSLR camera with 250 euros, but you can consider buying a Bridge camera :)
There are less DSLR models and it's easier to know most of them, but with 250e you can expect a bridge with 12 megapixels sensor, a 720p video mode, and a lens with a very wide range.
Bridge camera lenses often start from 26-28mm.
You also have to take in account the speed of the lens, the faster it is, the better the results will be (especially in low light situations).
What I'd suggest to you is to look around some offers and give opa and I the links so as we can give you advices :)
I'm thinking of getting a Nikon D3100.. any thoughts on that? (not to interrupt your discussion!)
I don't know Nikon DSLRs at all but it seems to be good,
with ~650euros you can get the D3100 + a 18-105mm stabilized lens.
Don't forget that you need a SDHC card which is at least class 6 so as to be able to handle the video mode without making the camera lag everytime you stop recording.
With 650euros there's no real good offer in Canon DSLRs.
Originally posted by ndROriginally posted by FLPDamn opa you look like you know everything about that :D
I am thinking to buy a camera but I am not looking for anything special.I am amateur with this stuff and I don't wanna spend more then 250e.Can you suggest me something for beginners? :)
You cannot consider buying a DSLR camera with 250 euros, but you can consider buying a Bridge camera :)
There are less DSLR models and it's easier to know most of them, but with 250e you can expect a bridge with 12 megapixels sensor, a 720p video mode, and a lens with a very wide range.
Bridge camera lenses often start from 26-28mm.
You also have to take in account the speed of the lens, the faster it is, the better the results will be (especially in low light situations).
What I'd suggest to you is to look around some offers and give opa and I the links so as we can give you advices :)
tbh my knowledge about cameras is very low,I don't really know what am I looking for.Basicly I want a camera which can give me good photos and descent video mode.As far as I know my nokia n95 pictures good photos :D
Browse a Serbian website which sells cameras, look for Bridge cameras around 200-250€ and give us the links here, we will tell you which one is the best etc ;)
Punk, my friend has d3100 with 18-105mm (just as ndR suggested), and i can tell it's really good. I am more into canon but all my personal knowledge about Nikon cameras is that they produce nice vibrant colors :)
flp, do just as ndr suggested :P
A panorama from Barcelona: http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/874/panorama2cropedfilt.jpg
what you think about this http://www.fotocene.com/fotoaparati/fujifilm-finepix-s2800hd/8319/detail/ http://www.fotocene.com/fotoaparati/sony-cyber-shot-dsc-h55/7984/detail/ http://www.fotocene.com/fotoaparati/sony-cyber-shot-dsc-t99/8384/detail/
Originally posted by FLPwhat you think about this http://www.fotocene.com/fotoaparati/fujifilm-finepix-s2800hd/8319/detail/ http://www.fotocene.com/fotoaparati/sony-cyber-shot-dsc-h55/7984/detail/ http://www.fotocene.com/fotoaparati/sony-cyber-shot-dsc-t99/8384/detail/
The Fujifilm FinePix S2800HD and by far (imo).
yeah I thought that too,but only thing I don't like about him is his height and weight.On other side Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H55 have almost same specifications and it's mutch smaller...
The sony one doesn't look professional... I'd buy Fujifilm for sure, its good.
The number of pixels doesn't really matter you know, I strongly advise you to take the Bridge camera, they've always been better than Compact ones.
And it's not big at all you don't have to worry, you can carry it in very small stuff.
It's not like my DSLR camera which is rather big and weights 1kg ^^
Also keep in mind that weight reduces the shaking
I uderstand you guys,but I am not gone become professional photographer I just need a camera to take some nice photos on vacations and that stuff :D
A few more new pictures!
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5175/5443605794_3cd2a14a28_b.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5299/5448991096_31eb95a7ea_b.jpg
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4122/5449042500_c26795d2b0_b.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5056/5452177581_aacabf27d0_b.jpg
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5260/5457579584_ac6110f23c_b.jpg
Please log in to post replies.