Quality guide, made by Hymi!

Started by Hymi
04/03/2009 13:43
Page 3 of 5
capuT02/04/2009 02:53

When I rendered the movie like u told us, its still in a crappy quality for me. Is it caused by my cs resolution of 640*480?

Funksta 02/04/2009 12:33

Try larger.

Hymi04/04/2009 23:00(edited 04/04/2009 23:02)

If you record ur demo with fraps or something in 1280x720,
you have to render your movie in vegas with 1280x720. I
personally prefer using 960x540 or 1280x720! If you don't
have widescreen, you can download HLAE, and load CS via.
HLAE, and run any resolution with it in windowed mode.

HLAE is actually made for movie making, so DON'T use it
to play online. I prefer recording your movie in non-steam!
_____________________

DL to HLAE: http://www.hhg-clan.de/hlae/files/hlae_2_2_3_6.zip
_____________________

greets.

qweek09/04/2009 19:15

@Hymi why use non-steam? That version doesn't have all the features from what I've heard...

Hymi09/04/2009 20:40

i'm not talking about non-steam, it's just not prefered to play with the HLAE program. HLAE even warns about it, because you can use wireframe hacks and so on by the mirv_ commands, so it's actually a cheat.

m1ch024/05/2009 00:10

as for startmovie : anything higher than 120 fps is more than enough to get good quality :)

When i startmovie in 120 fps how much should i put the vegas playback frame rate? :S

scimmy4cs24/05/2009 00:32

put 120 fps in virtual dub and you wont need to do other things like changing playback frame rate etc

m1ch024/05/2009 21:46

tnx

Alucard^27/05/2009 00:55

i tested this with and without huffyuv... and is the same =/ quality and filesize.... but the good point using huffyuv (when rendering wirh virtualdub) is that u reduce a lot of size... so is good for ppl like me, that have low hdd space.

Hymi03/06/2009 20:10

yo, monator.. that's what it's all about :D
- low filesize. the huffyuv does teh quality.

Alucard^05/06/2009 15:08(edited 05/06/2009 15:08)

lagarith codec is better than huffyuv... http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html

thx to .rK <3

V0ncH...10/06/2009 19:09(edited 10/06/2009 19:11)

Originally posted by Hymi
lol, i don't have this problem xD

me2 :)

when i load a clip in vegas, it is 1x speed but actually is the right fps (150,180, 300 etc.)

btw,
--> I used huffyuv codec (vegas Final Render)i did a 18second test clip, and the size was - 547mb! lol

--> but the quality was DAMN NICE xD, the best i have ever seen, the images were crystal clear and the colours were the sharpest.

I went on Vdub and rendered it xvid, then the quality became shit again :(

KnowNLT12/01/2010 20:36

Hello everyone ;>
I made everything like in the tutorial says, but...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=411TXUt7uw4
here's the result... as u can see, it's not "fullscreened" on the window... any ideas? :?

rK13/01/2010 14:21

I can only recommend you to NOT use this tutorial

V0ncH...13/01/2010 16:04

yes, I agree, maybe learn meGUI or use ffdshow for x264 is best imo,

rK13/01/2010 18:40

ffdshow doesnt support x264

KnowNLT14/01/2010 14:03

rk, mb u could gimme your skype or something, and give me some tips? i liked your movies ;>

rK14/01/2010 20:15

whats skype? you can add me on steam

V0ncH...14/01/2010 20:21(edited 14/01/2010 20:21)

ffdshow supports h264,
w/e, i use ffdshow most times with rk/Lo0k settings and its ffdshow with x264 :S

rK14/01/2010 20:45

its not x264. the fourcc is x264 -__-

Page 3 of 5

Please log in to post replies.