[TUTORIAL] Render settings for an amazing qua

10/11/2010 23:30
Page 2 of 5
d0tx15/11/2010 08:30

Hey ndR, I fixed the slowmo problem now.

Thank you very much for your help!

Here is my result : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfkZ9UwuSX4

Or if you want to download here is the link :
http://www.speedyshare.com/files/25199526/1.Movie_X264_2D.mp4

Best regards, bob :)

w1nston16/11/2010 11:36

Originally posted by rK
Originally posted by burnhouse
I used Double NTSC but sometimes is lagging!

Is Double NTSC good? Can I use NTSC (30fps)?

more fps doesnt mean better. 30 is enough


more fps means smoother video movement

freezie16/11/2010 19:35(edited 16/11/2010 19:35)

and here is my result. i'm a beginner i want to thank u for this tut ;]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIEtzFF65l4

Nannou16/11/2010 20:37

fps up; mblur down. So i hate 40+ fps.
my chose its 720p @ 40fps. Every pc can play it, cuz bitrate no more than 4.5k and good size. If u did vid for youtube so no need 30+ fps.

mJauZ^16/11/2010 22:28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5lcsCyjiUM
Just a test.Thanks for the tut,love it :)
But can i ask you a question , which is better for a frag movie if its gonna be uploaded to youtube 60 or 30 fps?

ndR moviemaker Tournament #216/11/2010 23:19

In fragmovies you don't strafe, this is why 60fps output is not needed.

w1nston17/11/2010 12:01

ndr is right...but too bad youtube resamples the vid...you make it with mirv_movie_fps 300+, render it with double ntsc and the youtube resamples it @24 fps...it's actually the same thing as you make a movie with mirv_sample_sps 1152 mirv_movie_fps 288 and then do the final render at 24 fps

ndR moviemaker Tournament #217/11/2010 12:46

You can clearly see the difference between a 60fps output and a 30fps output on Youtube. The 26th ROTW is the best example. You got almost no motion blur whereas shNz strafes like hell.

qweek18/11/2010 17:50

Thanks for the tip about the Lagarith codec. I've been using Legion since the first beta when it was called juggaknot's encoding but I didn't know about that Lagarith codec, will try it out. :). I've been using huffyuv from time to time but at later days I've been using the standard uncompressed instead, will see if that changes today! (Y)

Great initiative from you ndR!

freezie18/11/2010 20:01

hey maybe u can tell me why on my clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIEtzFF65l4 there is some pixels?

ndR moviemaker Tournament #219/11/2010 10:39

Originally posted by freezie
hey maybe u can tell me why on my clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIEtzFF65l4 there is some pixels?


It seems that you didn't max out your graphic card settings, set it to the highest quality for the best possible quality raw footage.

akse19/11/2010 10:44

My clip ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gVeDXpWBAI

rK19/11/2010 11:07

Originally posted by w1nston
Originally posted by rK
Originally posted by burnhouse
I used Double NTSC but sometimes is lagging!

Is Double NTSC good? Can I use NTSC (30fps)?

more fps doesnt mean better. 30 is enough


more fps means smoother video movement

oh thanks didnt know that.

more smoothness -> less sharpness
less smoothness -> more sharpness
whats the point of setting the frame rate on 60? loosing sharpness & quality for having a totally blurred video while people are strafing. I cant understand it.

akse19/11/2010 11:49

Another one. I get not so amazing quality and my problem is in graphic settings not maxed at all imo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwDwsRct5f0

rK19/11/2010 15:10

so tell me your settings and I tell you if thez are maxed or n0t

w1nston19/11/2010 16:58

Originally posted by rK
Originally posted by w1nston
Originally posted by rK
Originally posted by burnhouse
I used Double NTSC but sometimes is lagging!

Is Double NTSC good? Can I use NTSC (30fps)?

more fps doesnt mean better. 30 is enough


more fps means smoother video movement

oh thanks didnt know that.

more smoothness -> less sharpness
less smoothness -> more sharpness
whats the point of setting the frame rate on 60? loosing sharpness & quality for having a totally blurred video while people are strafing. I cant understand it.


i specified there smoother video movement because there are more frames you can see every point of the strafe and the frame are less interlopated->more fps playback = less motion blur = bigger clarity

w1nston19/11/2010 16:58

Originally posted by akseon
Another one. I get not so amazing quality and my problem is in graphic settings not maxed at all imo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwDwsRct5f0


change the colors...add a little contrast, levels, color correction etc...colors also influence the final quality

rK19/11/2010 17:25

Originally posted by w1nston
colors also influence the final quality

just the subjective quality. not the real quality.

dont know what you wanted to say to me in your previous post but I know this all.
sure, lets do 200 fps output for the ubersmoothshitdamn movement. who cares? looks unsharp and quality will be decreased.

ndR moviemaker Tournament #219/11/2010 17:39

Hmmm I kinda disagree with you there rK ^^
I must admit that I don't know much about theory, but I think this speaks for itself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wuKJ9Jcdj4

This is simply the best quality I ever got on Youtube, it seems perfectly smooth and sharp to me? :O

ding-dong19/11/2010 19:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnhLwFkwtP0 recordit at 90 fps in hlae and 30 in vdub :)

Page 2 of 5

Please log in to post replies.