[TUTORIAL] Render settings for an amazing qua

10/11/2010 23:30
Page 3 of 5
x7.20/11/2010 08:30

Originally posted by ding-dong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnhLwFkwtP0 recordit at 90 fps in hlae and 30 in vdub :)

:O
thats rlly cool

w1nston20/11/2010 11:17(edited 20/11/2010 11:57)

a short sync clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ydk1kWcg0w ... youtube fucked up the playback rate actually the time is 21 seconds and youtube fucked up the fps and anything and stretched the time to 46

i deleted the vid and tried with xvid enconding from legion maybe it works...i will change the link soon

yep it worked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQei8Gjqnkg ... ndr you where right, x264 is the problem. i encoded with xvid from legion and now it works just fine

ndR moviemaker Tournament #220/11/2010 12:12

Originally posted by w1nston
a short sync clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ydk1kWcg0w ... youtube fucked up the playback rate actually the time is 21 seconds and youtube fucked up the fps and anything and stretched the time to 46

i deleted the vid and tried with xvid enconding from legion maybe it works...i will change the link soon

yep it worked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQei8Gjqnkg ... ndr you where right, x264 is the problem. i encoded with xvid from legion and now it works just fine


:)

I made many tests about this, approximately 8 times out of 10, very high bitrate + x264 = Youtube fucks the video up.
The only video which successfully works on Youtube with these settings is Surfology ^^

w1nston20/11/2010 14:15

and my frag movie :)

rK20/11/2010 17:53

Originally posted by ndR
Hmmm I kinda disagree with you there rK ^^
I must admit that I don't know much about theory, but I think this speaks for itself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wuKJ9Jcdj4

This is simply the best quality I ever got on Youtube, it seems perfectly smooth and sharp to me? :O

ye its smooth, I agree with you all. but its not sharp.

of course its sharp if the camera doesnt move a lot, but if he strafes you just see a (precise but nevertheless) blurry picture and the details of the surroundings are hard to mention.

what was the bitrate of the video? because either you have worse quality or you have a bigger file size than "low" fps movies.

w1nston20/11/2010 19:59

want non blurry picture ? use mirv_movie_fps 60 and playbackrate in vegas 60 fps, 0 motion blur, maximum sharpness can you get

rK21/11/2010 15:45

you should find an appropriate tradeoff. you are neither creative nor funny.

burnhouse21/11/2010 16:30

Hey, ndR

why x264 not work on YT? Why xvid?

I used x264 for my 2 vids, and it was awesome but today i uploaded and it sucked ;/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZeoqD6CG3A

ndR moviemaker Tournament #221/11/2010 16:58

Originally posted by burnhouse
Hey, ndR

why x264 not work on YT? Why xvid?

I used x264 for my 2 vids, and it was awesome but today i uploaded and it sucked ;/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZeoqD6CG3A


If you browse Youtube help forums, you will see that many people have the same problem with x264 on Youtube, this codec is extremely powerful, it succeeds in keeping the file size rather low whereas the bitrate and thus the quality of the video remains extremely high. This is why old computers can't fluently read .mp4 x264 files, the decoding takes much ressources.

Youtube never gave a real answer about this problem, this is why until they fix it (even if I really doubt they will), you got to use Xvid with Legion, the annoying side is that the file size is way bigger ^^

burnhouse21/11/2010 17:23

Originally posted by ndR
Originally posted by burnhouse
Hey, ndR

why x264 not work on YT? Why xvid?

I used x264 for my 2 vids, and it was awesome but today i uploaded and it sucked ;/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZeoqD6CG3A


If you browse Youtube help forums, you will see that many people have the same problem with x264 on Youtube, this codec is extremely powerful, it succeeds in keeping the file size rather low whereas the bitrate and thus the quality of the video remains extremely high. This is why old computers can't fluently read .mp4 x264 files, the decoding takes much ressources.

Youtube never gave a real answer about this problem, this is why until they fix it (even if I really doubt they will), you got to use Xvid with Legion, the annoying side is that the file size is way bigger ^^


But when I watch it on my computer, it looks fantastic! I've got a very good computer! core4quad and gf 9800gt..

:(

What the diffrent between xvid and x264 (quality)?

burnhouse21/11/2010 17:24(edited 21/11/2010 19:17)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACJlP-6SHdc

ehh.. why bad quality?

I used xvid.. and quality sucks a bit :(

Should I use auto-bitrate or normal bitrate (legion)? How can I do better quality with xvid?

w1nston22/11/2010 15:18(edited 22/11/2010 15:18)

Originally posted by rK
you should find an appropriate tradeoff. you are neither creative nor funny.


i wasn't joking....i've already tried that and it's really ok :p look here http://www.own3d.tv/video/32132/ROTW__3_-_StarWars_on_cg_coldbhop_v2_h

this is ar mirv_movie_fps 40 and playbackrate 40

w1nston22/11/2010 15:19

Originally posted by burnhouse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACJlP-6SHdc

ehh.. why bad quality?

I used xvid.. and quality sucks a bit :(

Should I use auto-bitrate or normal bitrate (legion)? How can I do better quality with xvid?


if you use xvid at autobitrate it's the same quality as for x264 autobitrate...the only difference is the smaller size :)

burnhouse22/11/2010 16:32

No :(

It doesn't work for me :( I used xvid but quality sux :(

ehh.. look http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACJlP-6SHdc this is xvid

and look this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95a8w9cyS10 and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngzOCN0oGKk
(x264)

What I do wrong?

w1nston22/11/2010 17:54

the fps shouldn't be a problem...the color settings are the only problems left...i've done diferent test and noticed that some colors lower the quality and some settings makes the quality better...for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQei8Gjqnkg&fmt=22 this is encoded with xvid at autobitrate from legion

ndR moviemaker Tournament #222/11/2010 18:58

Avoid dark colors or low brightness, the black balance is extremely hard to keep, this is why it's pixelated sometimes when it's too dark.

burnhouse22/11/2010 19:29

ndR,

I used Color Curves > Night and some brightness

hmm.. thanks for helping :)

But Cloudy Night (by Nubz) quality is awesome AND he used dark colour? So how he got this awesome result?

Btw. Is there another way to get x264 on YT? Maybe not auto-bitrate?

Thanks!

Nukk23/11/2010 04:33

in cloudy night default magic bullet preset,and next track - glow => easy :]

gizpo_O23/11/2010 15:07

Guys go and try these for youtube: in ffdshow videopacker you just need to change "pakkaaja / packer" and bittinopeus as bitrate to 7000.

Here is the screenshot: http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7141/asdjt.jpg

And here is the same clip with legion's xvid and ffdshow:

xvid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV5P1DwYtT4
ffdshow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdT9R0Sssf4

Make sure you're watching those HD.

w1nston23/11/2010 18:57

Originally posted by ndR
Avoid dark colors or low brightness, the black balance is extremely hard to keep, this is why it's pixelated sometimes when it's too dark.


ndr is right...this is also available for high brightness and some glowing settings...you should use a balanced luminance and contrast...every setting has to be balanced

Page 3 of 5

Please log in to post replies.