Have you ever smoked weed?
Originally posted by ωзмзÑаâ™Originally posted by DragonI've been smoking weed for 4 years daily with exceptions like holiday with family, preparation for exam etc. As a long-term
user I can sum up the positive and negative features of the herb.
+it made me a lot calmer (not only when I'm stoned)
+I can rationally analyze and solve stressful tasks and situations
+my appreciation of music drastically improved, as well as my creativity was unleashed
+helped me lots of times with headache, nausea, muscle soreness
+kinda got me through one extremely depressive thing that happened in my life
-impaired short-term memory (occasionally I forget if I flushed the toilet, forget the keys at home or what I wanted to talk
about - not to be mistaken with long term memory which includes learning facts and figures for university)
-brought me to smoking cigarettes
-costs money
-few of my friends ended up in jail because of dealing
-4 or 5 times I had a minor panic attack, accompanied with hyperventilation, palpitation and tremor
Anyway, I think it's ok to say the mary-jane is one of (if not the) safest drug there is. Even after (at that time) 3 years
of smoking when I went on vacation with parents I could feel no withdrawal symptoms at all, except that first night it was a
bit hard to fall asleep. As long as you do your duties, live your social life, have a nice relationship and can have fun
without it as well, I don't see a problem lighting one spliff in the evening , as I do. peace, love, prosperity :D
It doesn't seem to bad, and when you smoked for such long time.. From what we hear from the media and other stuffs ( if what
they said would be fact ) you probably would be dead by now! ;)
One thing that kinda annoys me is why peapole are so fuckin' affraid of it, it isn't dangerous.. It's more dangerous for you
if you drink alcohol.. :P Well, guess I'm not the one to say this when I havn't even tried so. :)
Despite numerous studies proving the good effects of THC in medicine, doctors largely are not for the introduction of such psychoactive substances for general circulation. Of course, there is a certain inconsistency in relation to alcohol, which, objectively speaking, it is even more dangerous, as some studies have indicated. But such a comparison of these two substances has some limitations - and they should be aware. Hazard assessment of alcohol is an example of people abusing it and developed an alcohol problem, which is only a certain percentage among those who drink it recreationally and not showing signs of dependency or degeneration. Marijuana is widely used and we are not able to assess what percentage of the general population taking it, would account pathologization (can only be based on smaller populations, possibly the Netherlands and the Czech Republic soon as a few years there will continue decriminalization - and it does not look so pink for now anyway).
Indeed, the logic of the liberal is to legalize such substances as marijuana, because it is already legal alcohol and tobacco - the psychoactive substances, which cause dependency. It's not really logic of the medical and public health point, because we add another factor to the population of degenerating.
At the end of some fairly recent study, conducted by the Society for Neuroscience and described in an article in ScienceDaily Fri "Study Shows Greater Human Cognitive Deficits in Marijuana Users Who Start Young"
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/11/101116104202.htm
Originally posted by SwoozyOriginally posted by ωзмзÑаâ™From what we hear from the media and other stuffs ( if what they said would be fact ) you probably would be dead by now! ;)
it much safer than cigarettes :)
Originally posted by DragonWell, of course you can die from weed. It has been scientifically proven. The only problem is that you would have to smoke
680 kg of weed in 14 minutes. I dare anyone to try that :-) Btw this is a nice documentary movie about it, with some "facts"
explained http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1039647/
Given the number of deaths in the case of cigarettes, it is death as a result of complications of smoking with a leading lung cancer. Content is also a mistake to write that these deaths are caused by nicotine, but I will come to this.
No deaths after ignition of marijuana is in turn the number of deaths immediately after ignition of marijuana and her overdose. What is the truth, because the lethal dose (LD50) for THC is very large, and this means that you would have to smoke a lot of marijuana to dead poison yourself - which is an abstraction.
But what about nicotine? Its LD50 is approximately 1mg/kg body weight, which in practice means that the 70-pound man needs 70 mg of nicotine at one time to die. This is obviously much less than in the case of THC, because nicotine as an isolated substance is highly toxic. But it's move to the nicotine in cigarettes - its content in the smoke is 1mg. Referred to only a percentage (20-40) enters the circulation, the rest is exhaled. Consequently, this man would have to smoke several cigarettes one after another to poison himself dead. In practice, he sooner will vomit due to the accumulation of other substances in the body and gradually increasing levels of nicotine than a cigarette smoke enough to die.
Let's consider therefore long-term effects of marijuana smoking as it is done with cigarettes.
Like cigarette smoke, the smoke from marijuana (which after all, also add some tobacco) contains powerful carcinogens. Effects, going from the beginning: cancer of the mouth, larynx, blade, lung (...). Smoking marijuana can also cause chronic bronchitis and emphysema, a result that give COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). Smoking during pregnancy causes her equally strong teratogenic effects on the fetus. It can be presumed that the substances contained in smoke are also atherogenic (-> atherosclerosis -> coronary heart disease -> MI)
These effects are obviously smaller scale due to the difference in the amount of some smokers and others. However, the current, and so quite a substantial population of marijuana smokers (nearly 200mln, no?) Can give interesting effects for the dozen-couple years (peak incidence of lung cancer is 55-65 years).
The effects of chronic smoking of marijuana will be able to assess on a large scale for dozen years. But already described many cases of cancer, that I have mentioned.
Additionally, the fact that marijuana smokers hold the smoke longer in the lungs, is not without significance.
Originally posted by shnzIt is legal for medical use in more than 10 countries.
Marijuana is not medicine. THC drug may be contained therein, and the synthetically created called dronabinol - and what you write about the therapeutic effect is true. As it is true that morphine is used to treat pain, Botuline the correction of wrinkles, (by the way Indians and peace pipe, it is also used curare), so on and so forth.
It's like a smoker saying that cigarettes are, however good, because nicotine therapy works in the treatment of CU.
"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous" as Paracelsus said.
Interesting fact is that in the Czech Republic is allowed to have the largest amount (15 grams) of cannabis in Europe, making this country the most liberal against drugs.
Please, next time just give me the link from which you copypasted this text. And if you have something to say from your own head, I'll be happy to reply. Find your own facts instead of acting cool with medical terms you probably don't even understand.
Do not make me laugh. The fact that someone can properly write something about it, does not mean that it must have been copied from another page. I have no reason to do such things. I am a student of medicine, so yes I am familiar with medical terminology. If you do not believe me, then find some evidence that this has been copied or shut up.
Funny how this post (and the vast plethora of other posts) observably differentiates from your previous well-wrought and impeccably accurate one.
Impressive job if it stems directly from your brain.
Originally posted by PuppeyFunny how this post (and the vast plethora of other posts) observably differentiates from your previous well-wrought and impeccably accurate one.
Impressive job if it stems directly from your brain.
this
Originally posted by DragonWell, of course you can die from weed. It has been scientifically proven. The only problem is that you would have to smoke 680 kg of weed in 14 minutes. I dare anyone to try that :-) Btw this is a nice documentary movie about it, with some "facts" explained http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1039647/
gr8 movie, watched it like year ago.
OT
ofc i smoke weed :D i smoke couple times a week whenever i get the chance, and no it doesnt kill brain cells..technically it does but tests were done on monkeys where only THC was bein pumped through their lungs and no oxygen which made their brain cells to start dying bcos of the lack of oxygen..
i know many people who smoke for more then 10-15 years and they are perfectly fine. its not completely harmless, any form of smokin is harmful for your lungs. (except vaporizing) and imo people who havent tried weed are just missing out...
anyway,
my experience is like everyone elses, i love gtin high,, ive stopped smokin before for 2-3 months and i didnt have dat extreme addiction to do it again(like tobacco, alcohol or other hard drugs), or go steal some money just to smoke some weed..
weed helps me when im sad or ive had a bad/hard day and I just want to chill out or get stuff done then ill just smoke some of the good stuff.
ive never had bad experiences with weed except one time when I puked but it was just saliva, that happened bcos I hadnt eaten for days and I smoked way over my limits.
oh yeh and my fav strains r tangerine dream, white widow, blue cheese, NY diesel, candy kush, bubble gum and kushadelic and loads more LOL. just thought id mention it :D lool.
edit:
oh ye and i smoke pure weed unlike some people who mix with tobacco. f*ck tobacco it should be destroyed.
My mistake was to write a post in this topic. I could guess that I would be immediately panned by a bunch of pseudo-intellectuals and people who do not have any rational arguments for what I wrote. I despise people like Puppey. People who use how sophisticated vocabulary in internet, only to improve your own ego. It is simply pathetic. Just as you used the argumentum ad personam in the direction of my person.
I know many people who use such a vocabulary only in cases of need, rather than during a normal conversation. I am not able to believe that during a conversation with colleagues or family you do use this vocabulary. This only confirms my conviction about what I wrote above.
Next time I suggest you not to draw hasty conclusion and to look carefully at the case. Your observation regarding my previous posts is at least distasteful. If you looked exactly, you would notice that they were written about two years ago. And since then my knowledge of english language improved greatly. But why do I explain it?
Thus I finish my discussion on this topic, because it differs completely from the merits. If anyone wanted to discuss on the relevant topic, I will join the discussion, because I have some knowledge of the case.
I should back down, because this thread is already wounded the way it is, but I simply wouldn't be able to live with myself if I don't punch something back in to fortify my defenses.
First off, your abrupt conclusion that I write 'only' to feed/boost my own disrespectful ego is downright false, lad.
I'm sorry that your interpretation concerning the distinctive ways of my posting has turned out to be a rather negative one.
My benign goal/intention was never to write something that will make me look good/wise into the eyes of other forum-dwellers/lurkers.
In my unmitigated yet sorrowfully vain endeavor I was merely trying to fully express myself in a manner that may appeal helpful to people with a scarce vocabulary.
Beside helping people with their linguistic skills, I write the way I do just to keep my rusty brain at bay and my mind sharply set, because I'm attending a college where English is the only language we art allowed to sap words from. Those are, by far, the only true motifs I write like a pompous scholar with not enough to do.
You did display a noticeable proportion of arrogance in your reply to Dragon (who instinctively reacted the way a vast majority of us did), that's why I decided to poke you a little not start a flame skirmish.
Still, if you feel the need to despise someone/something, then please, by all means, scorn me to heaven and beyond.
Sorry for wandering off-topic.
Edit: Dah matter was settled via pm system.
cigaters suxx
I've tried it for several times, and since I do not smoke cigaretes, It was disgusting for me. And all the 'good' effects of it havent surprised me.
I have many friends who smokes it regurally, but I'm hanging with them and chillin without using that shit, and its ok for me. I don't see any reason for doing it, even if it would be legal and for free.
It makes you feel relaxed, it must decrease any pain too, certainly. You feel like your blood runs way easier through your veins and it's pleasant ! It's also really hard for your eyes to focus on everything surrounding you, they just focus on the point you're looking at, as if everything else was blurry.
Compared to alcohol :
+ Depends on the country but sometimes a few cheaper than alcohol.
+ No "morning headache" after getting baked previous night, and this is a major plus imo !
- Illegal in several countries.
- Depends on the drug, but sometimes way longer to prepare a joint than drinking a shot.
Also it stays in your blood for much longer than alcohol.
What about your lungs?
come on guys, even about marijuana you find a way to fight each other.. DAMN.
I'd like first to thank chosen for his post, I don't give a damn if he wrote it himself, or if he found it on the internet, but this is what passionate me, thanks buddy you taught me quite a lot today :D
And if you're really medecine student then I wish you luck.
Second, don't fucking piss people off by saying "LOL YOU COPIED IT FROM INTERWEBZ." and nothing more.. As chosen said, prove it or shut up, that's just pathetic cuz you gave up all your argumentation and credibility by doing such a thing.
well, OT, i'm not for marijuana legalization. People tends to believe it is pacific TOO MUCH. And if you give people the opportunity to abuse something, they'll drastically do. That's what I believe today.. Once time to time is ok, but I've seen too much people falling into cancers and stuff like that. Like said above, marijuana is, in a way, like cigarettes, since it's own content won't kill you because you can't smoke that much in once, but it'll dramatically damage you. Either brain (neurons) or cancer or anything. Of course I'm talking about long duration smoking effects, though some still appears surprisingly young.
keep arguments people, don't fall into flame war..
maximaLz, "And if you're really medecine student then I wish you luck." does this actually mean you don't believe marijuana helps for example glaucoma? :D If so you're so cute.
"people falling into cancers" that's a funny way to put it, but I guess I understood what you ment. Do you know that eating meat increases the chances to get any cancer, should we ban eating meat also and become vegetarians.
And you werent talking about long duration effects, you were talking about smoking ALOT of weed for a long duration... There are two ways to smoke, do it like normal people or over do it.
To be honest I really doubt you're old enough to actually see anyone get lung cancer, unless it was your family friend of age and I doubt he got it from smoking weed only.
Originally posted by nobody^What about your lungs?
Well, it's your lungs vs. your liver, so...
asd
Of course not, that stuff will kill ya! A friend of mine once smoked it, and 10 minutes after inhaling the first hit he went crazy and killed his whole family with a rusty spoon. True story.
Yup... I've smoked me sum ganja lololOLz. :ASDSAD
Originally posted by sDMOriginally posted by DragonWell, of course you can die from weed. It has been scientifically proven. The only problem is that you would have to smoke 680 kg of weed in 14 minutes. I dare anyone to try that :-) Btw this is a nice documentary movie about it, with some "facts" explained http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1039647/
gr8 movie, watched it like year ago.
OT
ofc i smoke weed :D i smoke couple times a week whenever i get the chance, and no it doesnt kill brain cells..technically it does but tests were done on monkeys where only THC was bein pumped through their lungs and no oxygen which made their brain cells to start dying bcos of the lack of oxygen..
i know many people who smoke for more then 10-15 years and they are perfectly fine. its not completely harmless, any form of smokin is harmful for your lungs. (except vaporizing) and imo people who havent tried weed are just missing out...
anyway,
my experience is like everyone elses, i love gtin high,, ive stopped smokin before for 2-3 months and i didnt have dat extreme addiction to do it again(like tobacco, alcohol or other hard drugs), or go steal some money just to smoke some weed..
weed helps me when im sad or ive had a bad/hard day and I just want to chill out or get stuff done then ill just smoke some of the good stuff.
ive never had bad experiences with weed except one time when I puked but it was just saliva, that happened bcos I hadnt eaten for days and I smoked way over my limits.
oh yeh and my fav strains r tangerine dream, white widow, blue cheese, NY diesel, candy kush, bubble gum and kushadelic and loads more LOL. just thought id mention it :D lool.
edit:
oh ye and i smoke pure weed unlike some people who mix with tobacco. f*ck tobacco it should be destroyed.
Brilliant. I was thinking about what should I write in here but suddenly saw it in your post :D
ive always smoked weed when my mates brought some, never bought it myself tho.
even tho i have some lung issues (not due to weed/smoke etc..), i keep using a bit sometimes...
Originally posted by sDMedit:
oh ye and i smoke pure weed unlike some people who mix with tobacco. f*ck tobacco it should be destroyed.
Yankee style!
Please log in to post replies.