Hiring moviemaker for a very promising projec

Started by MrMystery
08/11/2011 19:05
Read-Only
Page 2 of 10
MrMystery09/11/2011 00:31

Originally posted by ZippoW
Sounds very interesting indeed.

might be a bit rash to have that list of banned moviemakers with such offending comments about them though? wouldn't it be better if you'd just not include them in the "wanted" list.

Good luck with this project, i'll definitely have my eyes on this project!


I will consider your opinion. You are right, I did wrong. I will delete the banned moviemakers section. Yet I will keep in mind some of them, I think I rushed the eveniments a little bit. I will try to update this thread with inovations tomorrow. Gl

Zippow09/11/2011 00:54

Originally posted by MrMystery
Originally posted by ZippoW
Sounds very interesting indeed.

might be a bit rash to have that list of banned moviemakers with such offending comments about them though? wouldn't it be better if you'd just not include them in the "wanted" list.

Good luck with this project, i'll definitely have my eyes on this project!


I will consider your opinion. You are right, I did wrong. I will delete the banned moviemakers section. Yet I will keep in mind some of them, I think I rushed the eveniments a little bit. I will try to update this thread with inovations tomorrow. Gl


You turned out to be completely different from the guy i pictured while reading this thread :> im glad

WqkO09/11/2011 01:20(edited 09/11/2011 10:23)

I've been thinking about your project and its structure, and here is an idea that deserves to be heard imo :


- Instead of making a 5min trailer + a 25min clip paid 500$, choose lenghts that won't afraid 99% of the moviemakers out there. ;)
For instance, a 1min trailer + a 10-15min clip would be nice values (in my opinion as well as in most of moviemakers' opinion). :)
If so, you'll now need ~ 60-70 demos.

- Instead of paying the editor 500$, reduce this sum to... let's say 350$.


Given that gathering 60-70 demos (from the players listed) is a huge task, here is what you can do :

- With the 500-350=150$, you can choose between :

    1st : Give 2$ to the jumpers for each of the trickjumps they send and which are being used. This is kinda weak and not clever, players will end up with 2/4/6$ which is kinda useless, moreover, if you send this money by paypal, you'll lose some bucks in the transfers I think (paypal's margin).

    2nd : With these 150$, create 3 steam accounts, one with like... Battlefield 3, the other one with Modern Warfare 3 - and the last one with a 20/30$ game. When you've gathered and picked up all the 60-70 demos, make a random choice between the players (some websites do that), and make a top 3 who will receive these 3 accounts. In this random choice, the amount of demos sent should be important too (A guy who sent 3 epic demos must get 3x more chances than a guy who sent one. (Easy to do, you just have to put his name 3 time in the list.)). Or you can decide to follow this idea but making 10 accounts with cheaper games, etc...

    And yeah, now you can be sure to have your "demo gathering" issue fixed, with this 2nd idea ! ;)


So ? :)

qwe`09/11/2011 08:15(edited 09/11/2011 08:16)

I think you should add candEE in jumpers.
Btw, good luck to all movemakers!

pheil09/11/2011 09:49

Saw myself on some posts there, but I couldn't find the list where I was included, but anyways, I'll make it clear - I won't edit 25min movie.

great idea tho, but I really don't know any moviemaker who would make 25 min movie :/ gl finding.

FLP09/11/2011 10:35

First of all I must say that I feel offended by reading comments of some movie makers like Icevip who do not appreciate your sacrafice.500$ or 360e is more than the average salary in Serbia and for that money people are actually working.I don't want to offend any mm but imo best choices for this projects are FoF,ndR,nikitich and cr0ucher,simply because they are mature and professional.You should definitely add theddy,Candee and qewi to jumpers list since they are some of the best trickjumpers.Like Wako said you should reconsider creating steam accounts for jumpers,I think that's the only way to attract players like Alts!cH,a0ke,target,Z0ck3rOO7,soul|ftw,Messing,DHT-,donak0s,DotAntipro,oTcHeTo,Moxx,rad0n,FikoN,Gangien,hekk,kimo,OddYseus,NiconeN,Nicla$$,T3dBundy who have not played a long long time.I wish you all the best with this project :)

Dilap09/11/2011 11:40(edited 09/11/2011 11:44)

Nice project, 500$ is good for moviemakers, but I dont think that this project will be done, cuz 25+ min movie its too hard even if it will be 1337 moviemakers. Nowadays, half of moviemakers from your list are inactive.

Based of the fact that you wrote super old jumpers, it will be difficult to find them, and organize this strange project. Really stupid decision ask for demos to old jumpers, cuz nowadays Xtreme-Jumps has nice new jumpers with better and creative jumps.

If will be so frank, I dont think that you will get 500$ them, or your a millioner? Is it really nice to pay an amout of money to counter strike moviemakers for their part...

Anyways, good luck with it.

MrMystery09/11/2011 12:32

[blockquote]I've been thinking about your project and its structure, and here is an idea that deserves to be heard imo :


- Instead of making a 5min trailer + a 25min clip paid 500$, choose lenghts that won't afraid 99% of the moviemakers out there.
For instance, a 1min trailer + a 10-15min clip would be nice values (in my opinion as well as in most of moviemakers' opinion).
If so, you'll now need ~ 60-70 demos.

- Instead of paying the editor 500$, reduce this sum to... let's say 350$.


Given that gathering 60-70 demos (from the players listed) is a huge task, here is what you can do :

- With the 500-350=150$, you can choose between :


•1st : Give 2$ to the jumpers for each of the trickjumps they send and which are being used. This is kinda weak and not clever, players will end up with 2/4/6$ which is kinda useless, moreover, if you send this money by paypal, you'll lose some bucks in the transfers I think (paypal's margin).


•2nd : With these 150$, create 3 steam accounts, one with like... Battlefield 3, the other one with Modern Warfare 3 - and the last one with a 20/30$ game. When you've gathered and picked up all the 60-70 demos, make a random choice between the players (some websites do that), and make a top 3 who will receive these 3 accounts. In this random choice, the amount of demos sent should be important too (A guy who sent 3 epic demos must get 3x more chances than a guy who sent one. (Easy to do, you just have to put his name 3 time in the list.)). Or you can decide to follow this idea but making 10 accounts with cheaper games, etc...

And yeah, now you can be sure to have your "demo gathering" issue fixed, with this 2nd idea ! [/blockquote]


Definitively I will take that idea in consideration. I thought now fast because I don't have enough time, but I will write what I will update

IMPORTANT READ!

I will change the movie length from 25+ min to 15-18 minutes long, yet it's not the final decision because I am thinking about demos and the amount I will gather

Basically considering the reduction of length, I will reduce the moviemakers price as well. I will keep mind you idea and change the moviemakers price to 300 $ for a 2 minutes trailer and 15-18 long movie. But my offer is for a crew 400$ if they are 4 person or 3. Same time I will create three accounts and buy some games I think with a limit of 100 $ for all three acounts I guess, still not decided AND
after the movie is finished and you'll watch it people will vote for three best jumpers or jumps and we'll find out who did the best. That's all for now.
Best regards!

MrMystery09/11/2011 12:36

I will think about candEE as well. I know people think of him only best, but let's be really honest. This jumper is a really impressive achievement in the kreedz trickjumping scene, but he doesn't have anything unique or something that would make his name appear near players like brian or tarGet or Supa or FikoN. Let's be honest he doesn't make part of this category, I'm sorry he won't be listed, but I will think about qewi.

Nubz moviemaker09/11/2011 12:55

1. This project idea doesn't really sound promising
2. Nobody wouldn't call it as a great idea if there wouldn't be standing this ''500$'' price..
3. You sound sometimes like you could change the moviemaking scene with this movie? .. Well it won't really happen since your movie will be watched (which will never even appear) then people says ''NEWB TRICKS BLABLABLA'' since they dont understand the idea, and most of the viewers and of the scene is on youtube, and you cant even upload this movie (expect in parts)... Total fail, u should forget the idea.

dexxies09/11/2011 13:15

Originally posted by Nubz
1. This project idea doesn't really sound promising
2. Nobody wouldn't call it as a great idea if there wouldn't be standing this ''500$'' price..
3. You sound sometimes like you could change the moviemaking scene with this movie? .. Well it won't really happen since your movie will be watched (which will never even appear) then people says ''NEWB TRICKS BLABLABLA'' since they dont understand the idea, and most of the viewers and of the scene is on youtube, and you cant even upload this movie (expect in parts)... Total fail, u should forget the idea.

Ouch! :D:D

ShoCkrecord holder Tournament #2 VIP09/11/2011 14:05(edited 09/11/2011 14:08)

Sounds like a serious project indeed. I will just drop here names of those who is active or semi-active nowadays.

ndR: have broke the record relatively recently. Not sure about if he is still playing or not, but he still has some skill left.
KeltA: is not that active as he has been a while ago, but obviously still got nice skill.
sambb: showed up a few days ago, even though it doesn't mean he is back to kreedz.
zhady: still got some skillz
Alts!cH: you may concider him as the beginner in kreedz since he haven't played for many years, even though he also have been online for some time like a month ago.
shNz: rapes.
omilo: have broke a wr recently
kunqui: not sure about him, but probably has some skills left
Micron: he came back with many wrs like 2 months ago, so I guess you may expect some nice TJs from him
Chasquido: always on fire
26: always on fire
mgD: always on fire, even though he hasn't been active for a while now
DotAntipro: he has came back to kreedz for like 2 weeks now, so you can expect something from him. I can even ask him.
pizza: has some good skillz for sure
novice: active
kayne: active
akkord: always on fire
koukouz: semi-active

About others I'm very not sure, but it doesnt mean they aren't active.

Sinzhns09/11/2011 15:26(edited 09/11/2011 15:28)

Originally posted by WqkO
#3: Why am I not in the "Moviemakers that I would be likely to hire" list ? Answer one : I forgot you! / Answer two : I don't want you + reason (please).

DIS.....was lame
overestimation

BLuex09/11/2011 16:42

It's so boring outside, isnt it?

WqkO09/11/2011 19:11(edited 09/11/2011 19:21)

Originally posted by Sinzhns
Originally posted by WqkO
#3: Why am I not in the "Moviemakers that I would be likely to hire" list ? Answer one : I forgot you! / Answer two : I don't want you + reason (please).

DIS.....was lame
overestimation

This wasn't lame kid, I asked it in a rude way to have a strict answer about my skills. I wanted a NON-biased opinion from him.

The tone of my comment was professionnal, I didn't ask :
- "Why am I not in the "Moviemakers that I would be likely to hire" list ?!?! WTF SRSLY?!

And given that he added me to the Moviemakers list, this wasn't oversestimated, so think again and stop these pointless answers, jelly boi.

MrMystery09/11/2011 19:23

Originally posted by WqkO
Originally posted by Sinzhns
Originally posted by WqkO
#3: Why am I not in the "Moviemakers that I would be likely to hire" list ? Answer one : I forgot you! / Answer two : I don't want you + reason (please).

DIS.....was lame
overestimation

This wasn't lame kid, I asked it in a rude way to have a strict answer about my skills. I wanted a NON-biased opinion from him.

And given that he added me to the Moviemakers list, this wasn't oversestimated, so think again and stop these pointless answers, jelly boi.



I will point out the essential:
1) Yes WqkO has good moviemaking skills, yet not as high as the others in the list. He does professionally his job, yet I haven't seen any 5+ minutes project of his based on a kz theme(not lj compilation fail), but same time those lj fail movie were good enough and most pleasant movies for a lj movie.

2) Please keep your fights outside, I don't know : Personal Messages? Steam talk? Wherever.

3) I ask all of you (not only WqkO) to re-read my first post. (Im talking about flamewars and spams). I don't know how to explain even: may be I should beg you or what?

MrMystery09/11/2011 19:27

Originally posted by kzru`ShoCk
Sounds like a serious project indeed. I will just drop here names of those who is active or semi-active nowadays.

ndR: have broke the record relatively recently. Not sure about if he is still playing or not, but he still has some skill left.
KeltA: is not that active as he has been a while ago, but obviously still got nice skill.
sambb: showed up a few days ago, even though it doesn't mean he is back to kreedz.
zhady: still got some skillz
Alts!cH: you may concider him as the beginner in kreedz since he haven't played for many years, even though he also have been online for some time like a month ago.
shNz: rapes.
omilo: have broke a wr recently
kunqui: not sure about him, but probably has some skills left
Micron: he came back with many wrs like 2 months ago, so I guess you may expect some nice TJs from him
Chasquido: always on fire
26: always on fire
mgD: always on fire, even though he hasn't been active for a while now
DotAntipro: he has came back to kreedz for like 2 weeks now, so you can expect something from him. I can even ask him.
pizza: has some good skillz for sure
novice: active
kayne: active
akkord: always on fire
koukouz: semi-active

About others I'm very not sure, but it doesnt mean they aren't active.


Hope you contact me some day or at least give those jumpers a link to this thread. I also have to add that Z0ck3rOO7 still plays. Bibo is always on fire for all who don't know this. FoF can always impress with his skills if he wants to. Np_O was also active not much time ago. I am not sure about others but this is definitively a big percentage of players if they give demos. This should kill any questions and inquiries about "fail movie".

WqkO09/11/2011 19:32

Originally posted by MrMystery
I will point out the essential:
1) Yes WqkO has good moviemaking skills, yet not as high as the others in the list. He does professionally his job, yet I haven't seen any 5+ minutes project of his based on a kz theme(not lj compilation fail), but same time those lj fail movie were good enough and most pleasant movies for a lj movie.

2) Please keep your fights outside, I don't know : Personal Messages? Steam talk? Wherever.

3) I ask all of you (not only WqkO) to re-read my first post. (Im talking about flamewars and spams). I don't know how to explain even: may be I should beg you or what?

Yes right, it's just the fact that he comes from nowhere and starts insulting me whereas my question was only asked out of curiosity and not out of anger/jealousy.

Sinzhns09/11/2011 19:48(edited 09/11/2011 19:49)

Originally posted by WqkO
Yes right, it's just the fact that he comes from nowhere and starts insulting me whereas my question was only asked out of curiosity and not out of anger/jealousy.


disgusting

WqkO09/11/2011 20:24

Originally posted by Sinzhns
Originally posted by WqkO
Yes right, it's just the fact that he comes from nowhere and starts insulting me whereas my question was only asked out of curiosity and not out of anger/jealousy.


disgusting

Inconvenient truth. You're not mad at me, you're mad at him. http://i40.tinypic.com/2a4zzl.jpg

End of the debate, sorry for the flamewar, wasn't my intention, sorry if you guys thought I was showing-off in my question, wasn't my intention neither.

Page 2 of 10