kz_dare discussion

Started by CowOnCrack
30/11/2011 02:10
Page 2 of 4
spr1n mapper03/12/2011 17:20

Originally posted by killahurtZ
BTW. I think that no one yet finished this map with checkpoints

you are wrong

Universe03/12/2011 17:30

Than you could upload a demo on that map with checkpoints...

dx^04/12/2011 03:16

Originally posted by cH[A
Os]
Than you could upload a demo on that map with checkpoints...

+1, I also like watching a run with cp's only to see the map, with a hook is a little complicated for various teleports ..

CowOnCrack04/12/2011 07:57(edited 04/12/2011 09:26)

I've made it pretty far and am continuing to make progress. Of course, it's over a period of days w/ cps :( Pretty sure I won't ever beat the last bhop part though, unless I use mulitple DPI settings or something.

It is hard to judge this map. From what I can tell, the jumps are easier to figure out, but the map itself is at least as hard as azure, probably harder. It may be WAY harder, but it's hard to tell at this point. It has sections so it's easier to progress than godroom, but some of the parts are just absurdly difficult.

I think the main limitation to maps like these isn't so much physical limitations. Obviously if every jump is possible, then the map is beatable in theory. The main issue is that there are only a few people who have enough experience and skills on extreme maps to even attempt this map. That's like 5 guys on xj, to just attempt it.

Kkz got qsk_azure because he had specialized in extreme maps for like 3 years - there really isn't anyone around today with that much exp, although there are a few with almost as much. kz_sandblock2 eventually became easy for kkz, whereas there are many WR holders today who can't beat sandblock2 w/o CPs.

Since very few players can even attempt the map, we will be lucky to see even 1 record in KZ lifetime. Players interested in top 5 won't attempt the map because the time invested for just one record wouldn't be worth it, unless they are just die hard climbers like kkz. That's one of the reason I give big kudos to him - his only reason to do it was just to get to the top. But it won't be a map you will see beaten over and over again like the rest of the maps.

I still think maps like these are OK to have, they sure bring a lot of life to the game because it dares anyone to take it on. They are also fun for anyone to play with cps, just to try super hard/creative jumps. As long as these maps don't become the norm, I don't see an issue for having them.

ScrAw04/12/2011 15:53(edited 04/12/2011 17:49)

new sc:)
screen: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/kzdarenewsc.jpg/
you need to catch the second upper laser, and it should teleport you here)
demo: http://www.sendspace.com/file/jme94u
gl:3

hm^ mapper VIP04/12/2011 17:04

nice one Oleshka :)

ScrAw04/12/2011 17:36

tnx:33

jarteg04/12/2011 21:04(edited 04/12/2011 21:21)

Originally posted by killahurtZ
Originally posted by niki



+1

BTW. I think that no one yet finished this map with checkpoints



u are wrong, today this map was finished on russian pro-kz server by "[neo]O_o" (one of top players in kzru imho)
20 players spectated run was lasted for 65 minutes and took 576 cp's and 1186 gc's

as far as i was informed, Neo is the second player in Ru who beat this map with cps (first was creator "qui")

as for map: i tryed this map and first hard passage of map is in Laser Room, i really dont know how many tryes need to players, who want to beat it without checkpoints, cauze 1 mistake, 1 unit and you will be teleported to the beginning of room.
this map is not xtreme, it is impossibly insane, and i think that no one could beat this map without cps ever T_T

p.s. second SC:
http://s05.radikal.ru/i178/1112/05/3d5782a21c63.jpg

CowOnCrack04/12/2011 22:10(edited 04/12/2011 22:15)

Originally posted by jarteg
Originally posted by killahurtZ
Originally posted by niki



+1

BTW. I think that no one yet finished this map with checkpoints



u are wrong, today this map was finished on russian pro-kz server by "[neo]O_o" (one of top players in kzru imho)
20 players spectated run was lasted for 65 minutes and took 576 cp's and 1186 gc's

as far as i was informed, Neo is the second player in Ru who beat this map with cps (first was creator "qui")

as for map: i tryed this map and first hard passage of map is in Laser Room, i really dont know how many tryes need to players, who want to beat it without checkpoints, cauze 1 mistake, 1 unit and you will be teleported to the beginning of room.
this map is not xtreme, it is impossibly insane, and i think that no one could beat this map without cps ever T_T

p.s. second SC:
http://s05.radikal.ru/i178/1112/05/3d5782a21c63.jpg


Yo just curious, how did he beat the bhop part at the end where you have to bhop back and forth from block 2 to block 3 four times before you can hit block 4? Do you jack up your dpi for that part, or does he have like 10 sensitivity already? I can do it about two times max before my mouse flies off my mousepad, lol.

ScrAw04/12/2011 22:17

last bhop realy)
i looked, round with 6 sens done!)

Universe04/12/2011 22:40

SO there are only 2 guys who beat this map with cp's (neo & qui)...can you post a demo with cp ? I am really curios how can you make some parts..

jack frog04/12/2011 23:37

It's a damn shame that such lovely and creative designed maps only appear in a extreme version. Maps like dementia, xtremeblock, fineblock are really not to enjoy for low-skilled players, because you have to do every jump 5-10 times. I was so happy when an easy version of sandblock2 appeared. Why can't you release an easy version for this piece aswell? Kinda weak imo.

Nikša Jovanovic05/12/2011 01:01

Guys I can beat this map with cps easy, but the point it here, we are talking about beating map without checkpoints, it's really insane, yes it is possible, but it is ultra hard.

FLP05/12/2011 09:04

Originally posted by jack frog
It's a damn shame that such lovely and creative designed maps only appear in a extreme version. Maps like dementia, xtremeblock, fineblock are really not to enjoy for low-skilled players, because you have to do every jump 5-10 times. I was so happy when an easy version of sandblock2 appeared. Why can't you release an easy version for this piece aswell? Kinda weak imo.

the thing is that I am terrible at long jumping and I can still finnish most of the xtreme maps(exept bhop ones).And most of the jumps on xtreme maps are more tricky then hard so you have to use your brain more then your lj skill.Anyway I am writing this just to tell you that I would rather spend 1 hour finnishing sandbock2 then geeking golbhop.

ScrAw06/12/2011 00:02(edited 06/12/2011 00:22)

and another new sc)
it is done from the start and not a pretty complicated;)
screen: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/851/kzdarescfromthestart.jpg/
demo: http://www.sendspace.com/file/7a20fg

hm^ mapper VIP06/12/2011 00:22

nice found

jarteg06/12/2011 02:10

upd: new time rec with cps by Neo, 44 minutes
if i catch him in online, will ask about demo record

hm^ mapper VIP06/12/2011 16:18(edited 06/12/2011 16:19)

ye, would be cool, when somebody upload a demo with cp´s. i also wanna see the map.
hooking is really boring, because you have no ideas of these jumps.

thx hm^

Toffifeerecord holder Tournament #106/12/2011 17:53

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5lcamo
kz_dare with cp by me )

hm^ mapper VIP06/12/2011 20:00

thx Toffifee, nice run.

BTW: This map is also impossible w/o cp´s like godroom_h.

Page 2 of 4

Please log in to post replies.