Special icon for LJ recordholders.

Started by Risible Ripple
22/09/2013 10:40
Page 2 of 4
Risible Ripple22/09/2013 23:24

Originally posted by nerv.
this section have more posts that LJ part so trickjump need special icons?

You always can create new tread with suggestions for special icons for 3 jbs in a row or for trickjumps or what are you want. I promise, that I will answer in your thread.

random Tournament #322/09/2013 23:37

nerv. i would like to see how much time it will take you to make 257block or other *tied wr* tehnique xD even if it's just jump on 1 line, still you need to know enginge good, to make your strafes perfect everytime.

nerv.23/09/2013 00:02

Originally posted by random`
nerv. i would like to see how much time it will take you to make 257block or other *tied wr* tehnique xD even if it's just jump on 1 line, still you need to know enginge good, to make your strafes perfect everytime.

like said before, time and effort doesnt mean nothing. and kz is much bigger than LJ or other technique. I dndt said its easy to perform this or to be top1, i said is jump on 1 line (didnt said JUST).

A technique that you use to beat a map, isnt big enough to have special icons, this is my point of view, i never said its easy, i show you guys some arguments to support my opinion. and some to refute yours.

Lol! Why on earth would you all suddenly bring up trickjumping when it has absolutely nothing to do with official records. The two categories that are being supported by XJ: map records, longjump records?!?! Why even talking able difficulty?!?!

zythH^ moviemaker23/09/2013 01:18(edited 23/09/2013 01:20)

Originally posted by Flibo
Originally posted by kzru`ShoCk
Originally posted by zythH^
I quite disagree, if we are about to follow that logic, some trickjumps are hard as hell and for example, nor theddy, nor brian, nor IceVip got an icon but I doubt many people can do 15% of their trickjumps, if the logic is, hard means an icon, damn, we would need tons of icons

What? It's about records. Trickjumps are not.

So it's about what you can measure (time to finish a map, length of jump) rather than about difficulty (any hard ass tj)?


Also @ ShoCk, I am NOT saying it is easy to land 257 or beat a WR, is just, come on, I bet my ass some of those record holders or longjumpers can't land some of the most epic jumps ever made, those guys who made the jump are famous by the jump, not by the icon.. heat^ and many others are famous for their jumps, not by their icons, I mean, there is only necessary a recordholder icon because due to that we can know who they are or who is currently holding one or more wrs, but if there are like about 20 jumpers in a page where it is quite easy to see who they are, well, why would they get an icon? They will be famous by their jumps, not by their icons, once again I repeat, longjumping ain't easy, but if following that order of icons, in my opinion, every SINGLE position into kreedz, should get one, following your rules again, if a record holder deserves an icon, so does a longjumper, so does a trickjumper, so does a slider, so does a shortcurter, like, Np_O for slides, Skizo_ for shortcuts or even Np_O tho! I agree they deserve to be honored with such jumps but come on, let's have a little comum sense, if a longjumper deserves, there are many people who deservers others, I don't think you guys got my point and I won't argue more because I will be the mean of this story actin' like an hater, when actually I am just using some facts, but whatever, hope they see your opinion RR and take it, also, I never said was a bad idea, but my criteria was about if some deserve the icon also others do.

Nothing more to add

Sadface23/09/2013 03:17

In my opinion, longjumpers deserve an icon not because they are good at longjump or their effort. It is because they are the best in the world! They push the limits of the longjump's distance that people can't expect. Maybe longjump is really not a big part in KZ but why XJ made a top5 record? Why XJ releases a longjump movie when there is a new world record? Obviously XJ did care about longjumping. Come on, it's just an icon and let them have it.

lagster mapper23/09/2013 03:46

Originally posted by Whitegod
In my opinion, longjumpers deserve an icon not because they are good at longjump or their effort. It is because they are the best in the world! They push the limits of the longjump's distance that people can't expect. Maybe longjump is really not a big part in KZ but why XJ made a top5 record? Why XJ releases a longjump movie when there is a new world record? Obviously XJ did care about longjumping. Come on, it's just an icon and let them have it.


couldn't agree more

leggie23/09/2013 07:59

first of all, if you start going into specifics for this type of thing it will get out of hand very very fast, the only way this could be done is if the top person in each technique got the same "record holder" icon as those with a world record on a map as it's just a world record and you can't give it to all the people on the tops cos not all of them have the WR....

musaka23/09/2013 09:05(edited 23/09/2013 09:12)

Originally posted by nerv.
Originally posted by random`
nerv. i would like to see how much time it will take you to make 257block or other *tied wr* tehnique xD even if it's just jump on 1 line, still you need to know enginge good, to make your strafes perfect everytime.

like said before, time and effort doesnt mean nothing. and kz is much bigger than LJ or other technique. I dndt said its easy to perform this or to be top1, i said is jump on 1 line (didnt said JUST).

A technique that you use to beat a map, isnt big enough to have special icons, this is my point of view, i never said its easy, i show you guys some arguments to support my opinion. and some to refute yours.

(I wont quote all of the above said bullshit,not including only you.) Make a WR on d2block_h with 250 LJ rec,beat goldbhop with your 3 strafe BHOPS,cmon,LJ doesn't matter,KZ is bigger,LJ isn't important.DO IT.Ignorant fools.

It feels like this thread is teeming with trolling. Why would you talk about difficulty of slide, trickjumping and other stuff. WHY?! The premiss behind RR's idea was to emphasize longjumping as an official technique with already existed records and bring up it's potentiality to one level with recording perhaps. I don't get you people.

WeMeRA23/09/2013 14:53

By taking trickjumps etc to compare is quite stupid, since it's not a record. Ljs is a record and map records is also a record, but trickjumps doesnt fit in any of these categories.

I think LJ record holders deffo should have their icon.

quikmooh23/09/2013 16:59

Agreed with WeMeRA!

Bring the icon for LJ record holders!

buh23/09/2013 17:42

I agree, they deserve an icon.

The lj wrs have more difficulty than the 90% of the wrs on maps.

Kkassu23/09/2013 18:54

u cant say Lj is little part of kz. Lj is everything. U couldn't finish 60% maps without lj etc.

2Dex Tournament #223/09/2013 19:39

Just do a vote,but actually listen to the results.Not as usual...
I support.

zythH^ moviemaker23/09/2013 20:06(edited 23/09/2013 20:09)

Originally posted by kzru`ShoCk
It feels like this thread is teeming with trolling. Why would you talk about difficulty of slide, trickjumping and other stuff. WHY?! The premiss behind RR's idea was to emphasize longjumping as an official technique with already existed records and bring up it's potentiality to one level with recording perhaps. I don't get you people.


Do the icon, seems like opinions are not accepted here.

Seems like we are nazis here, if you disagree, you die, damn, I am out! Since we can only agree, I am with you all guys!

Don't know why this forum is for suggestions, it should be for laws! I don't want to sound like a dick, but this pisses me off, why can't someone give an opinion and listen to it? Well, seems I can't give my own opinion, as I said, I am out.

You don't have to go mad zythH^. I got your point just now, so yeah my fault, it looks like. Sorry for that. As for my part, I don't really have an opinion yet, but I'll take it for further discussion on admin forums.

WeMeRA23/09/2013 20:49

I don't think they should've a special icon, just the regular record holder icon.

lagster mapper23/09/2013 20:53

There is a clear distinction between world record demos and longjumping, thus an icon should be provided, without a doubt, to the longjump record holders listed on the page. Let me tell you why. On one hand you have world record demos which assess a certain set of techniques within the game, and then you have longjumping which cater to another set.

I didn't read all the posts in here but people are talking about misc techniques when if they actually took a second to scroll over the "World Records" portion of the page at the top, the drop down box has a 'Record List' and 'LJ Records' section, which further reiterates the distinction I made; WR's and LJ's. Now, the way longjump records have been setup on XJ is actually probably the smartest way possible, having the major techniques with the top jumps and players listed. Since longjumping is, or was, a popular and DISTINCT technique this page is perfect for displaying the feats of those interested in the longjumping technique.

Longjumping is a completely legitimate and maybe more important form of kz even above world record demos, I think I've posted this 100 times before on this site but longjumping is the absolute rawest form of strafes in one jump which proves how far the half-life engine can be pushed by the player. The people posting 'who cares about longjumping' or whatever else (bare in mind I haven't read through) I think should probably be warned, if not banned from the site, and potentially think about uninstalling the game because you've completely missed the point when it comes to the essence of what kz is. The real argument at hand is whether or not LJ record holders should get an icon, of course they should, they put in the same, if not more geeking than other players to achieve what they've achieved, and although this statement may be a tad ignorant, I'd argue the level of longjumping has far surpassed the potential of kz maps. An icon should be provided for each and every player on that list, whether it be the same or a distinct icon, who cares, they definitely should, and deserve, to be acknowledged.

It baffles me the discussions that players get into on these forums, you have longjump world records and you have map world records, so why, or where rather, is the problem in providing players who have achieved success in longjumping an icon just like the other world record holders?

Please, enlighten me.

2Dex Tournament #223/09/2013 20:54

Originally posted by WeMeRA
I don't think they should've a special icon, just the regular record holder icon.

Agree

Page 2 of 4

Please log in to post replies.