Special icon for LJ recordholders.
as much as I hate lj top since it migrated from forum thread, I have to admit achievements represented on XJ should be rewarded equally. LJ records concept and representation is similar to map records and cup winnings, so I find that suggestion justified.
Originally posted by LAGSTERRrRkz[a]
There is a clear distinction between world record demos and longjumping, thus an icon should be provided, without a doubt, to the longjump record holders listed on the page. Let me tell you why. On one hand you have world record demos which assess a certain set of techniques within the game, and then you have longjumping which cater to another set.
I didn't read all the posts in here but people are talking about misc techniques when if they actually took a second to scroll over the "World Records" portion of the page at the top, the drop down box has a 'Record List' and 'LJ Records' section, which further reiterates the distinction I made; WR's and LJ's. Now, the way longjump records have been setup on XJ is actually probably the smartest way possible, having the major techniques with the top jumps and players listed. Since longjumping is, or was, a popular and DISTINCT technique this page is perfect for displaying the feats of those interested in the longjumping technique.
Longjumping is a completely legitimate and maybe more important form of kz even above world record demos, I think I've posted this 100 times before on this site but longjumping is the absolute rawest form of strafes in one jump which proves how far the half-life engine can be pushed by the player. The people posting 'who cares about longjumping' or whatever else (bare in mind I haven't read through) I think should probably be warned, if not banned from the site, and potentially think about uninstalling the game because you've completely missed the point when it comes to the essence of what kz is. The real argument at hand is whether or not LJ record holders should get an icon, of course they should, they put in the same, if not more geeking than other players to achieve what they've achieved, and although this statement may be a tad ignorant, I'd argue the level of longjumping has far surpassed the potential of kz maps. An icon should be provided for each and every player on that list, whether it be the same or a distinct icon, who cares, they definitely should, and deserve, to be acknowledged.
It baffles me the discussions that players get into on these forums, you have longjump world records and you have map world records, so why, or where rather, is the problem in providing players who have achieved success in longjumping an icon just like the other world record holders?
Please, enlighten me.
hey lagsterr, its ctk :)
haha hey bruv how you doin?
Originally posted by LAGSTERRrRkz[a]
There is a clear distinction between world record demos and longjumping, thus an icon should be provided, without a doubt, to the longjump record holders listed on the page. Let me tell you why. On one hand you have world record demos which assess a certain set of techniques within the game, and then you have longjumping which cater to another set.
I didn't read all the posts in here but people are talking about misc techniques when if they actually took a second to scroll over the "World Records" portion of the page at the top, the drop down box has a 'Record List' and 'LJ Records' section, which further reiterates the distinction I made; WR's and LJ's. Now, the way longjump records have been setup on XJ is actually probably the smartest way possible, having the major techniques with the top jumps and players listed. Since longjumping is, or was, a popular and DISTINCT technique this page is perfect for displaying the feats of those interested in the longjumping technique.
Longjumping is a completely legitimate and maybe more important form of kz even above world record demos, I think I've posted this 100 times before on this site but longjumping is the absolute rawest form of strafes in one jump which proves how far the half-life engine can be pushed by the player. The people posting 'who cares about longjumping' or whatever else (bare in mind I haven't read through) I think should probably be warned, if not banned from the site, and potentially think about uninstalling the game because you've completely missed the point when it comes to the essence of what kz is. The real argument at hand is whether or not LJ record holders should get an icon, of course they should, they put in the same, if not more geeking than other players to achieve what they've achieved, and although this statement may be a tad ignorant, I'd argue the level of longjumping has far surpassed the potential of kz maps. An icon should be provided for each and every player on that list, whether it be the same or a distinct icon, who cares, they definitely should, and deserve, to be acknowledged.
It baffles me the discussions that players get into on these forums, you have longjump world records and you have map world records, so why, or where rather, is the problem in providing players who have achieved success in longjumping an icon just like the other world record holders?
Please, enlighten me.
Who the hell said that here? you really didn't read the posts
Oh, so the part where I actually pointed out that I hadn't read through the posts thoroughly, you decided to quote, bold and then tell me that I hadn't read through the posts.
Did you read the rest? I've been reading through xj posts since 2004 bud, and the most generic and overused statement; 'who cares about longjumping' was just something I assumed would come up, though, thought, JUST in case I would state that I haven't properly read through everything.
Thank you, for bringing it to my attention. Next time I'll make sure I don't bring my 'almost 10 years on XJ' bias into my posts.
Genius.
Originally posted by LAGSTERRrRkz[a]
Oh, so the part where I actually pointed out that I hadn't read through the posts thoroughly, you decided to quote, bold and then tell me that I hadn't read through the posts.
Did you read the rest? I've been reading through xj posts since 2004 bud, and the most generic and overused statement; 'who cares about longjumping' was just something I assumed would come up, though, thought, JUST in case I would state that I haven't properly read through everything.
Thank you, for bringing it to my attention. Next time I'll make sure I don't bring my 'almost 10 years on XJ' bias into my posts.
Genius.
Let me quote another thing
"Please, enlighten me."
I did it
Yes I did read the rest, on the other hand, you didn't.
You just did accuse anyone who posted here of being retarded for saying that, when no one said, not our fault someone in ur big past into XJ said such things, not my bad someone said "lj sucks", when actually, no one here must be accused of, because no one said it. Sorry for pointing you with a real fact.
Without any further things to add, I will quit this topic, seems like a war and sarcastic battlefield, tho I never said you were wrong in ur post, except that one, accusing people here of saying such things.
Cya guys, good luck with ur suggestion RR.
Originally posted by LAGSTERRrRkz[a]
The people posting 'who cares about longjumping' or whatever else (bare in mind I haven't read through).
Ah, I see, completely relevant to the topic at hand. You pointed out the one part of my post (which infact, the entire argument of whether or not longjumping should or should not be cared about is _relevant_) that was relevant to the "Special icon for LJ recordholders" how?
I'm sorry, please do enlighten me, how is pointing that out at all relevant, nay, help the situation for admins or any community member in coming to a conclusion about the debate within this topic?
Please, bare in mind, I did not read through all the posts (as I've said a few times now) but maybe try and interpret my point (the one small point out of a longer, more relevant post) from another angle, as to all the people whom over the years have shunned longjumping as of lesser importance is a point that I said should be completely dismissed.
Which is relevant. This is why I continually get banned, being baited by morons with no real idea nor point to add to any debate +1 postcoUntza!~!#
Oh, you edited your post to remove yourself from the situation.
Nice.
Originally posted by zythH^I quite disagree, if we are about to follow that logic, some trickjumps are hard as hell and for example, nor theddy, nor brian, nor IceVip got an icon but I doubt many people can do 15% of their trickjumps, if the logic is, hard means an icon, damn, we would need tons of icons
I just went through and read your initial argument, but before you pull me up, no, I didn't read much further.
This is potentially the worst argument I've ever read. Like I said in my post (did you read this part I'm about to mention?) If you scroll over "World Records" there is two distinct types of 'Record' listings that Xtreme-Jumps.eu acknowledge; trickjumping is not one of them, do I need to keep going?
Oh, and in terms of the 'Please, enlighten me' part of my post, perhaps I should have left this statement next the end of my final paragraph, I was hoping for debate regarding my (flawless) argument regarding why icons should be provided, not an assessment on my ability to read through all of the posts, but well done man, have a good day at school tomorrow or whatever rofl.
pZ bro
Originally posted by LAGSTERRrRkz[a]Originally posted by LAGSTERRrRkz[a]
The people posting 'who cares about longjumping' or whatever else (bare in mind I haven't read through).
Ah, I see, completely relevant to the topic at hand. You pointed out the one part of my post (which infact, the entire argument of whether or not longjumping should or should not be cared about is _relevant_) that was relevant to the "Special icon for LJ recordholders" how?
I'm sorry, please do enlighten me, how is pointing that out at all relevant, nay, help the situation for admins or any community member in coming to a conclusion about the debate within this topic?
Please, bare in mind, I did not read through all the posts (as I've said a few times now) but maybe try and interpret my point (the one small point out of a longer, more relevant post) from another angle, as to all the people whom over the years have shunned longjumping as of lesser importance is a point that I said should be completely dismissed.
Which is relevant. This is why I continually get banned, being baited by morons with no real idea nor point to add to any debate +1 postcoUntza!~!#
Already talked to Shock about
Don't worry, the next being banned is far from being you but is right close to you at the moment (who it will be)! Unless they ban you for triple kill
Phinx was totally right!
Long live Phinx <3
Don't be bitter little friend, and don't threaten me with bans and your admin connections; it's not my fault you're a tad slower than the rest of the class.
I've been banned multiple times before for nothing other than bringing real issues to the attention of the community and perhaps sometimes being a little aggressive in my approach. But the fact that you can't respond to anything I said, and instead are trying to scare me with talk of admin's is beyond childish and completely reiterates the moronic attitude and approach I mentioned earlier.
Next time don't try and argue or fight me unless you have something tangible to add. Maybe take your intellect to the offtopic forums?
cu now? Okay LOL pZ kid
Fight you? Ban you? Ahahaha the ban wont be you, I truly assure you, I will not waste a fucking second of my life talking with an admin because of people like you, people who doesnt even respect different opinions, I don't want to ban people without a real life, I gave my arguments really before you show up ;) You are late for a discussion with me.
um, what
Originally posted by LAGSTERRrRkz[a]
um, what
I did tell you no one here said LJ was bla bla bla who cares bout it, you got agressive, so did I, sorry Mr. Perfection Oldschooler Mr big man big boy! This is more than funny! Is like, you are really serious while I am chilling in my chair roflin' with some friends reading to this, it's quite funny how Phinx was always right bout XJ, what a sad thing tho.
have fun with the rest of the topic, wish you the best lagster. (not sarcasm like u were doing there)
I think you, and others like you (who post absolutely irrelevant babble) are the problem with XJ actually.
So, I'm the type of guy Phinx (who the fuck is that?) was talking about (I don't know him so can only assume he was complaining about the idiots on XJ) for posting legitimate arguments, relevant to the topic questions?
Come on bro, don't make assumptions about my real life LOL I think I got you covered there too though ^_^ put ya guns away bruv
lazy to read the whole topic...
just give them normal recordholder icon, why would you want something special? you hold a record, are you? so you should get a recordholder icon, nothing more, nothing less...
Originally posted by LAGSTERRrRkz[a]
I think you, and others like you (who post absolutely irrelevant babble) are the problem with XJ actually.
So, I'm the type of guy Phinx (who the fuck is that?) was talking about (I don't know him so can only assume he was complaining about the idiots on XJ) for posting legitimate arguments, relevant to the topic questions?
Come on bro, don't make assumptions about my real life LOL I think I got you covered there too though ^_^ put ya guns away bruv
I did my cute posts right before you post, what did I get? Got flamed like a Jew by Nazis ;) So, why would I talk serious and waste more time thinking for it?
Phinx is the guy who tried to help XJ with moviemaking, mapping and got the same as I, same as hm^, same for Lolz_, guess you are the big boss here, why am I still tipying to you!
Hitlooser, indeed, nicely thought!
You have absolutely no idea the time and effort I've put into attempting to address the issues within the community.
You're too new, like I said, guns away, you're clueless.
longjumpers definitely deserve special icon, if nothing else normal r.h icon, but it would be cool if they had different one
Originally posted by LAGSTERRrRkz[a]
You have absolutely no idea the time and effort I've put into attempting to address the issues within the community.
You're too new, like I said, guns away, you're clueless.
Go for admin, got my full support, is not a ban what will stop you, if you really did a lot, they will accept you, change the community.
If you did so much, you wouldn't even flame me for trying to express my opinion in 1st and 2nd page, but since you are more interested in flame than read previous posts I made with the guy I can't do much, nuff said.
Please log in to post replies.