Mapcheck team discuss

Started by dEMolite mapper
05/09/2007 04:16
Page 2 of 4
DHT- Tournament #105/09/2007 21:51

Very nice thread demolite. I shouldn't write my opinion about the mapping team since I would flame to much. GJ DEMOLITE!
[ Edited 09/05/07 - 21:51:31 ]

Z0ck3rOO705/09/2007 22:00

demo we don't talk about the bhop blocks thing, the major bug is the biggest problem..and about the mapcheck team, nearly all are inactive..

ah and that thing with the hard and ez version, some testers thought that some jumps are too hard for the hard version, cuz there are also easy ones..
[ Edited 09/05/07 - 22:01:22 ]

s0liD mapper05/09/2007 22:13

lets just pick another mapping team

Z0ck3rOO705/09/2007 22:21

i think a new mapping team would change the things 1-2 weeks, maybe 1-2 months, than u will have the same problem ;)

Volsfootball05/09/2007 22:24

AN ACTIVE TEAM! Whenever I ask a damn map admin about my map...even the damn active ones like PSYCHODOGG, fuzzerd, fire, etc etc The PEOPLE THAT AREN'T inactive, they still respond with the same damn reply...."No, I haven't checked it yet."

Holy shit, i submitted the map what...2 weeks ago and you still haven't even DOWNLOADED the map? Come on. If you procrastinate with the maps, more and more will be forced on you. And then the next moment you will have what like 20 maps that YOU still haven't even seen in the check system.

You volunteered to be on the map team like less than a month ago...AND MOST ARE inactive already. WHY THE FUCK do you join a job if you are going to leave or not even play. Seriously, your judgment must be terrible.

I don't know that much about sonic to comment on it, but I know demo had lots of bugs in it like sprite, etcs...but if the jumper can't see it, then why does it matter? Have some common sense please.

I like s0lid's post...a new map team, PEOPLE that love to jump and wont go inactive after a few weeks. Shit we haven't had a map release in a week yet there are over 20 maps in the MAP STATUS forum on kreedz.com

Im out

dEMolite mapper05/09/2007 22:35

but why didn't respect the team that the mapper don't want to change anything? So why are they calling the not accepted instead of getting custom?

sbzvln Tournament #205/09/2007 22:51

I dont really know much about this but as I read it's not going really well there. Imo they should just kick all inactiv/lazy asses and make a completely new team :)

BooLiSH05/09/2007 23:54

Hell no thats why i wouldn't changed such crappy beginner mistakes. Because most jumpers didn't look after this.

dEMolite


ye...i think isaw one such bug, but i really didn't care about it tbh :/

nice story btw :D was funny to read...
:up:

Fact or Fiction06/09/2007 00:19

be patient, they are humans too :x

fuzzerd06/09/2007 01:53

I only played the easy version of sonic, not the hard one, and thus didn't vote for the hard one, this might be why the ez got accepted but not the hard. and faker is being really harsh about the see-through-wall bug, saying "we can't accept this as custom with these bugs" I think that part of the reason is because theres no rules for order of checking the maps, when I saw the name "senskz" which didn't mean anything to me, I just ignored it, but when I saw "kz_sonic_e" which I had been looking forward to for a long time, I tested it almost the day it got put in the beta checks section. of course a bigger problem is probably the inactivity, about half the testers (myself included) are essentially inactive as far as kreedz.com goes.

P.V.A.B.-jello06/09/2007 06:39

I empathize.

liquidi06/09/2007 10:35

Omg just make a new map team and keep recycling it = inactive members get kicked out.
[ Edited 09/06/07 - 10:35:52 ]

boom.dll06/09/2007 10:54

Omg just make a new map team and keep recycling it = inactive members get kicked out.

liquidi

word!

colix mapper06/09/2007 13:22


word!

boom.dll


word !

dEMolite mapper06/09/2007 13:49

Omg just make a new map team and keep recycling it = inactive members get kicked out.

liquidi


It isn't so easy. Because i have followed it since 2004.
[ Edited 09/06/07 - 13:50:55 ]

Z0ck3rOO706/09/2007 14:31

AN ACTIVE TEAM! Whenever I ask a damn map admin about my map...even the damn active ones like PSYCHODOGG, fuzzerd, fire, etc etc The PEOPLE THAT AREN'T inactive, they still respond with the same damn reply...."No, I haven't checked it yet."

Volsfootball

They aren't active, there are only 3-4 active peoples atm, maybe 5 active, but the rest havent voted on maps since weeks/months ;)
but i never saw psychodogg, fuzzerd or fire voting on maps..

Simplicity06/09/2007 18:20

Yes, there are alots of problems like mccraken said, a TON of custom maps and a lot of inactivity, We were thinking of setting alimit to maps submitted per month because we though we were getting to MANY maps,. I think in august i check ATLEAST 25+ maps, and that is a lot to deal with to make a thorough check and give good feedback for that many maps.

Volsfootball06/09/2007 18:24

i agree with you on that simplicity. I just dont see why people accept to be on the map admin team RECENTLY and then just go inactive. Really doesn't make sense

stinnZ mapper06/09/2007 18:34

I think map testing team should be back on xj, it doesn't work this way

FragMcCracken mapper06/09/2007 19:35

ah i forgot....angie left the team because of flaming and hating emolite...and thats also the reason why so many are inaktive. we get nothing for our work...only the hate from some childrish people

Page 2 of 4

Please log in to post replies.