Hiring moviemaker for a very promising projec
Okay, okay, I got it! =)
Btw, I think you forgot to add raYla.
Originally posted by finzErOriginally posted by ZippoWAdd count to the list ? =)
+ sbzvln.
Done, thanks for reminding me!
Originally posted by nobody^Okay, okay, I got it! =)
Btw, I think you forgot to add raYla.
Thanks, keep it up!
I need you consultance about these players:
heat, aftermatch, Avatar. Should I add all these three? Or which of them?
Have you found enough ideas to claim that the trailer would be 2-3min long ?
FOUR's trailer is a beast, and only last 1min. Unless you wanna make a similar trailer (but showing all the ~ 20-30 players), you don't need more than 1-1min30 imho.
And why did you choose 15-18min as movie lenght ? Is it in memory of the old 15+ min movies ? :)
It represents about 500GB of uncompressed startmovies I would say.
Originally posted by WqkOHave you found enough ideas to claim that the trailer would be 2-3min long ?
FOUR's trailer is a beast, and only last 1min. Unless you wanna make a similar trailer (but showing all the ~ 20-30 players), you don't need more than 1-1min30 imho.
And why did you choose 15-18min as movie lenght ? Is it in memory of the old 15+ min movies ? :)
It represents about 500GB of uncompressed startmovies I would say.
I know that trailer. The trailer for this movie will be way different from that one and I can give a tip: The trailer will be 1:35-1:36 long. About the movie length : if you count the jumpers "involved", there are like 90 nicknames there and there will be still added some forgotten stars. If I get an average of two demos from 70 of them I have 140 demos. )The trailer will of course not contain all the demos :D) But if you make simple calculations: 3min 30 sec for outro+intro and presentation of 140 demos which means like 5 seconds average only for a very simple presentation of the trick. Basically adding 3 min 30 + ~12 min trickjumps you get the correct number: 15+ minutes long. This is only if I make it simple. Of course I might be wrong and the number of demos received may be way lower or the trickjump presentation time may be longer, so it depends a lot on trickjumps I receive.
All in all it will be a big project, reminding you of old players(I can only say that I've got demos from 4 of them and don't ask who, tip: oldschool and famous). That's all for now.
Originally posted by MrMysteryI know that trailer. The trailer for this movie will be way different from that one and I can give a tip: The trailer will be 1:35-1:36 long. About the movie length : if you count the jumpers "involved", there are like 90 nicknames there and there will be still added some forgotten stars. If I get an average of two demos from 70 of them I have 140 demos. )The trailer will of course not contain all the demos :D) But if you make simple calculations: 3min 30 sec for outro+intro and presentation of 140 demos which means like 5 seconds average only for a very simple presentation of the trick. Basically adding 3 min 30 + ~12 min trickjumps you get the correct number: 15+ minutes long. This is only if I make it simple. Of course I might be wrong and the number of demos received may be way lower or the trickjump presentation time may be longer, so it depends a lot on trickjumps I receive.
All in all it will be a big project, reminding you of old players(I can only say that I've got demos from 4 of them and don't ask who, tip: oldschool and famous). That's all for now.
Okay okay, so you exactly know where you're going, that's good ! :)
How is this whole project scheduled in your mind ? I mean, when will the democall end, how long will the edit take, etc... I know it's impossible to determine such things, but just tell us what you are hoping (in case everything is coming along nicely). ^^
Originally posted by WqkOOkay okay, so you exactly know where you're going, that's good ! :)
How is this whole project scheduled in your mind ? I mean, when will the democall end, how long will the edit take, etc... I know it's impossible to determine such things, but just tell us what you are hoping (in case everything is coming along nicely). ^^
In my opinion, I think I will find a moviemaker in ~1 month or less. About demos: I need only to contact some players like Moxx or ndR or faker or any other oldschool still active player who could find out where are the others. So if I do that way, I might collect the demos in let's say : by January? It depends when I decide to close the democall. If I receive constantly demos, I will of course let the democall opened for a longer period. Oh forgot to add: I won't start this one without a total of 120+ demos. I know it might sound mad, but it is possible.
Hi. I can see my name in a list - thx :D
I think you should invite rEs0LuTe to this project, he worthy enough to be here with all :)
same for spr1n ! he got unique jb+eb
Cool project! What's the deadline for sending in demos and how many should it be?
More people could be added to that list, but unfortunately I know for a fact that they are very inactive, so there is no point in even trying most of them.
Originally posted by omiloCool project! What's the deadline for sending in demos and how many should it be?
More people could be added to that list, but unfortunately I know for a fact that they are very inactive, so there is no point in even trying most of them.
Basically, I can't tell now any time for a deadline because first of all I must make sure a lot of oldschoolers find out about this. Another teaser for you: from my list one of top5 oldschoolers started playing again and he gives me a demo. I mention: it's only for making it more "captivating":). I also try to get through now to a0ke, tarGet, kimo, donak0s, T3d. And of course I must not forget: Thanks to MepH and Lolz for helping me, they are really cool. And guys: if you see Moxx online give him link to this project and tell him add me in steam, he may help me a lot.
PS: Added rEs0LuTe and spr1n. thanks, DotAntipro
Also add:
rad and reSPECT =)
Originally posted by nobody^Also add:
rad and reSPECT =)
I thought much about it and I gotta say there was nothiing extra-special in reSPECT for sure, can't decide about rad. He definitively is good, but he doesn't fit the movie imo.
Originally posted by MrMysteryOriginally posted by omiloCool project! What's the deadline for sending in demos and how many should it be?
More people could be added to that list, but unfortunately I know for a fact that they are very inactive, so there is no point in even trying most of them.
Basically, I can't tell now any time for a deadline because first of all I must make sure a lot of oldschoolers find out about this. Another teaser for you: from my list one of top5 oldschoolers started playing again and he gives me a demo. I mention: it's only for making it more "captivating":). I also try to get through now to a0ke, tarGet, kimo, donak0s, T3d. And of course I must not forget: Thanks to MepH and Lolz for helping me, they are really cool. And guys: if you see Moxx online give him link to this project and tell him add me in steam, he may help me a lot.
PS: Added rEs0LuTe and spr1n. thanks, DotAntipro
I can give the link to Moxx, but I can say that tarGet won't do it, for sure. He comes online once per year and hasn't played in more then 2 years. I would help with the rest, but I recently removed tons of people from my friends list so I don't have most of the other guys anymore :/.
Originally posted by MrMysteryOriginally posted by nobody^Also add:
rad and reSPECT =)
Is reSPECT from poland as well or?
How do you guys define oldschool? Seems like people asume someone is oldschool as soon as they are inactive for more then 6 months. No offens but I don't see reSPECT as oldschool.
boom.dll sux at movie making :D
hey markan!
@exort i think he needs an oldschool moviemaker aswell:)
maybe you can add chosen to editors list :)
Edit: damn i forgot to say Look :)
u forgot chosen and Look, but most importantly where is 8ball1????
its a nice idea but srsly...a gaming movie with that lenght , few moviemakers and video quality just cant combine =D
unless if you could run this project for a year or so and not losing motivation, mby, just mby we will see smth good in the end
good luck
Originally posted by Torex-):-Du forgot chosen and Look, but most importantly where is 8ball1????
its a nice idea but srsly...a gaming movie with that lenght , few moviemakers and video quality just cant combine =D
unless if you could run this project for a year or so and not losing motivation, mby, just mby we will see smth good in the end
good luck
I am not very likely actually to hire ch0sen since he's more a troll moviemaker than a serious one, which makes me not trust him. L0ok? Where is he now? I have no idea. 8ball1? good idea, but I haven't seen him for a long time so I doubt I will. What I need for this movie is not an oldschool moviemaker, but oldschool players. I will put in my list 8ball1 of course, but I really doubt his nowadays moviemaking skills in comparison with others who already applied. I am not ignorant, but project has ideas difficult to reach, so that's why I will choose the best moviemaker(s) possible.