Hiring moviemaker for a very promising projec
MrMystery, or whoever you are, first of all i would like to congratulate you in this honest endeavor of yours.
1.
if this succeeds, this is prolly gonna be the first full-time paid project in xj (that atleast i have ever seen in my stay at this community for the last four and half years), so u shud be proud for what you are doing. if professionalism doesnt come from this, none from whatsoever, it will come.
2.
don't listen to what naggers say, maximum of this community is filled up with childs who doesnt have a place to vent out their frustration in the real world, and they choose this place to show their mentality and derive their public support from mass cynicism, jaded dialects and stereotypical bullshit.
3.
honestly i dont think you would get all the old players whom you want to be in your movie, because half of them have either left kreedzing, or just grown up and have left gaming. so its your call if you just want them, or you will fiill up the rest spots with any good player.
4.
decide what its going to be - whether its gonna be an oldschool-only starring movie, or its gonna be a moviemakers delight. in my opinion, the second option would probably suit you better, because every good jumper would then send u demo, as everyone would want to become a part of the legacy.
5.
considering the hugeness of the project and the aftermath that will prolly follow it, and considering the general case that no human mind can prolly take up enough criticism even if they are positive and constructive, so my suggestion would be appoint good beta testers for your movie, who will keep u updated of the advancements of the movie. i know, its ur call, and u said somewhere before that im gonna direct it or whatever, but trust me, if someway it doesnt click the general mentality of the public, it would result in mass failure, and its better being aware first, than to suffer later.
6.
dont listen to crybabies, the people who are mocking now, will come and appreciate it in all possible volumes if it becomes a hit. just decide what you wanna do. have some talk with some senior admins or some sensible people, they can give u some good ideas.
7.
there possibly is no use discussing who's gonna be in it in a public forum, just do it in private with the respective guys or with a guy who knows them, and get to know if they are up for it. n no of people would give u their n no of opinions, it would all come to a nosense discussion, if u doesnt get access to them anyway.
good luck.
Originally posted by pradMrMystery, or whoever you are, first of all i would like to congratulate you in this honest endeavor of yours.
1.
if this succeeds, this is prolly gonna be the first full-time paid project in xj (that atleast i have ever seen in my stay at this community for the last four and half years), so u shud be proud for what you are doing. if professionalism doesnt come from this, none from whatsoever, it will come.
2.
don't listen to what naggers say, maximum of this community is filled up with childs who doesnt have a place to vent out their frustration in the real world, and they choose this place to show their mentality and derive their public support from mass cynicism, jaded dialects and stereotypical bullshit.
3.
honestly i dont think you would get all the old players whom you want to be in your movie, because half of them have either left kreedzing, or just grown up and have left gaming. so its your call if you just want them, or you will fiill up the rest spots with any good player.
4.
decide what its going to be - whether its gonna be an oldschool-only starring movie, or its gonna be a moviemakers delight. in my opinion, the second option would probably suit you better, because every good jumper would then send u demo, as everyone would want to become a part of the legacy.
5.
considering the hugeness of the project and the aftermath that will prolly follow it, and considering the general case that no human mind can prolly take up enough criticism even if they are positive and constructive, so my suggestion would be appoint good beta testers for your movie, who will keep u updated of the advancements of the movie. i know, its ur call, and u said somewhere before that im gonna direct it or whatever, but trust me, if someway it doesnt click the general mentality of the public, it would result in mass failure, and its better being aware first, than to suffer later.
6.
dont listen to crybabies, the people who are mocking now, will come and appreciate it in all possible volumes if it becomes a hit. just decide what you wanna do. have some talk with some senior admins or some sensible people, they can give u some good ideas.
7.
there possibly is no use discussing who's gonna be in it in a public forum, just do it in private with the respective guys or with a guy who knows them, and get to know if they are up for it. n no of people would give u their n no of opinions, it would all come to a nosense discussion, if u doesnt get access to them anyway.
good luck.
i liked this ^_^
If you hire st0ka (the best moviemaker ever!!!) you will get the best movie ever!ScooteR isnt playing anymore but if you get his demos(old)
prad +1, this would be something fresh and people should appreciate your sacrifice (money, time, nerves) Good luck!
PS:
Well about prad's comment.
prad, maybe you are right, maybe I'm just a kid, but I know how spend 404€ or 500$ as you want, I've 2 sisters, and my mother need to criate us, 404€ can provide food, clothes, house, basic things, and waste 404€/500$ on a kz movie? Sorry, it's a bullshit! Instead of use 500$ to be a producer of a kz movie, give the money to Africa kids who don't have clothes, food, water, houses! Just ridiculous how you guys, such adults, can support this!! Is so stupid man! Stupid!! Exist so many kids, adults, and people with hungry, no house, no clothes and here comes one guy and it's open to pay 500$ for a kz movie? Please...
That's my opinion and sorry for my english but you guys aren't thinking right, THIS IS A GAME! Try to look for your window and see the world, the World who need us, KIDS! and kids who think this is right, they don't give a shit about real life...
dude wtf ? you cant tell anyone about how they need to spend the money .. since the money is not yours .. you cant tell him what to do .. so stop bs .. btw that thing "for the kids in africa", you think 500$ will help a lot ?
Originally posted by zythH^Well about prad's comment.
prad, maybe you are right, maybe I'm just a kid, but I know how spend 404€ or 500$ as you want, I've 2 sisters, and my mother need to criate us, 404€ can provide food, clothes, house, basic things, and waste 404€/500$ on a kz movie? Sorry, it's a bullshit! Instead of use 500$ to be a producer of a kz movie, give the money to Africa kids who don't have clothes, food, water, houses! Just ridiculous how you guys, such adults, can support this!! Is so stupid man! Stupid!! Exist so many kids, adults, and people with hungry, no house, no clothes and here comes one guy and it's open to pay 500$ for a kz movie? Please...
That's my opinion and sorry for my english but you guys aren't thinking right, THIS IS A GAME! Try to look for your window and see the world, the World who need us, KIDS! and kids who think this is right, they don't give a shit about real life...
Then i went outside, made a big sigh and jumped off the balcony.
nice one zythH^..:| my zara jeans costs 550 pounds:|
if u wanna help the kids from africa , talk to bill gates or warren buffet :-??. Keep going mrmysterious o_O i want this movie:x
He can't hell him what to do with his money, but I agree with "haters" over there.
Although that sounds interesting and stuff, I think that being paid for this kills the fun of the community thing over movies. That just become a job that you do because you HAVE to do it, not because you WANNA do it.
Each has his opinion, but I really don't like money being involved (at least such amounts) in KZ moviemaking at all. It'll just get the community worse and worse, if it snowballs, it can even make people don't wanna do movies unless you pay them l0l. That thing is not thought far enough at my taste.
I don't have anything against the guy who's requesting this though.
The other thing is that you, the guy who pay, will direct the movie, chose songs and stuff like that. My problem with that (no offense bro but you said it yourself) is that you don't know a thing about moviemaking (remember, you said it yourself.) so I hardly see how the moviemaker is gonna use his imagination at it's full potential when you just give him a plan that he hasn't even made himself.
Second point is the way you're talking (no offense, just discussing dude, again, i ain't no starting drama.) sounds already "fun-killing". I know that you have to be strict because there are 500$ involved in the story, but dude, you sound freaking elite-ish. As I said, that's just killing the fun of doing a thing because you enjoy it, but much more do it because you get paid out of it lol. I can't stress enough how important this point is. This can be the very starting point of a drama, and of course it can be a starting point to nothing at all, but the point of this is that it could bring some more troll harsh stuff to the community, by paying them for doing something they like, they'll just forget that they were doing it because they enjoy it first.
But well.. Screw it. This is the internet.
Good luck with your project though, and good luck to movie makers.
@maximaLz i agree with you! if this shit continues.. the moviemakers will ask for money before they make a ROTW o_O! .. so this should be the first and the last time there are money involved for a project!
In my opinion offering money for long, hard and "professional" isn't bad idea. Like prad said, some professionalism.
I bet most of the moviemakers would still make a lot movies, but to get motivation enough high to make very long projects, money wouldn't hurt.
[/offtopic]
Ow, ow, ow, ow chill a lil bit, fellas. Wasup with you? I'm not saying you are wrong when speaking about money matter, but what proffesional moviemaker would make a 18 minutes movie for free? And be directed as well. I'm not starting any new fashion by doing this, though I will rate sick-minded and selfish the moviemakers who will ask in future money for less than ~10 minutes movies. I think there is no need in talking about the african kids matter, discuss it with Bill Gates, though he donates very much.
First of all, money is a method of atracting not the moviemakers mostly, but the oldschool players.
Yea I know a shit in moviemaking, but I saw a lot of kz/cs movies in my life, I know what's beauty and I'll make it nice, you shouldn't be worried about that. More than that: I'm just dictating the main idea of the movie to the editor and explain how should the colours be: all these effects/transitions etc. are moviemaker's choice. I explain them mainly what's the point and how should the movie flow, how to make the viewer get the idea.
About fun-killing: well I will tell you by the end of this week/next week who are the moviemakers and ask them how "bad/dull/unfunny" I am. I can't be the same here on forum, I don't want to give you a "childish" impression and I don't want to offend anyone here, so chill out. (Even though I know that by "fun-kliing" you meant the money involved, I explained you something else, though it doesn't matter :D)
Now about prad's ideas here. Ye, I won't give up on it, even if I have 65248 members hating on me. About older players: well, I see that people keep on talking about this so I'll tell you just some of the demos(unseen) I've got: heL's, brian's, Nicla$$, Hanniball, I don't want to continue, enough teasing. This project won't fail, I contacted many oldschoolers and I'll get enough demos. My calculations are "~120-130 demos for sure(If I get 2 demos/player). This won't be a oldschool player movie, neither a nowadays players movie. This will be (key word) mainly about oldschoolers recorders/ very good recorders and people who were very famous. Yea, this subject is still debatable: who's oldschooler/who's not, who's good/who's not, though I guess my list is pretty nice. I can't make an oldschool players movie, because I will get maximum a half of player's demos, not anymore. That's the reason I added some famous(pretty oldschool) jumpers in the list as well. But I won't accept adding some unspecial players in the list, though I don't mind adding any oldschool recorder.
LAGSTER FROM AUSTRALIA?... just sayin`
Originally posted by zythH^Well about prad's comment.
prad, maybe you are right, maybe I'm just a kid, but I know how spend 404€ or 500$ as you want, I've 2 sisters, and my mother need to criate us, 404€ can provide food, clothes, house, basic things, and waste 404€/500$ on a kz movie? Sorry, it's a bullshit! Instead of use 500$ to be a producer of a kz movie, give the money to Africa kids who don't have clothes, food, water, houses! Just ridiculous how you guys, such adults, can support this!! Is so stupid man! Stupid!! Exist so many kids, adults, and people with hungry, no house, no clothes and here comes one guy and it's open to pay 500$ for a kz movie? Please...
That's my opinion and sorry for my english but you guys aren't thinking right, THIS IS A GAME! Try to look for your window and see the world, the World who need us, KIDS! and kids who think this is right, they don't give a shit about real life...
If MrMystery's passion is this project, why shouldn't he spend his money to this. You might too have passion in your life, and I think you'd spend the money too.
Originally posted by unBreakSdude wtf ? you cant tell anyone about how they need to spend the money .. since the money is not yours .. you cant tell him what to do .. so stop bs .. btw that thing "for the kids in africa", you think 500$ will help a lot ?
500$ can provide about 300 liters of water, about 60/70 kg of food maybe more, maybe less, but it's around that, well, yes, it's his money, I'm just one guy who want to spend money on the right things, and then, I became hater, stupid kid and all bad things, that's real life... We can't give our opinion then someone came here and say's we are haters, kids, etc etc! Such good minds here! Yes, he can hire a moviemaker, he can hire players, but it won't help anyone! Of course, as always, I'm a kid who don't know a shit and spent 500$ in a kz movie is the right thing.
@ganjA! "nice one zythH^..:| my zara jeans costs 550 pounds:|
if u wanna help the kids from africa , talk to bill gates or warren buffet :-??. Keep going mrmysterious o_O i want this movie:x" No answer for that, that's a kid comment. Sorry.
"i agree with you! if this shit continues.. the moviemakers will ask for money before they make a ROTW o_O! .. so this should be the first and the last time there are money involved for a project!" That was probably your best comment ever.
@proppan Sorry dude, I have a life and I'm not gay, sorry and try to troll another one.
Anyway, UnBreaks, nothing personal, just saying, you are right, I don't need to say how to spend money, but, I can advice as person! Yes, sometimes we don't care about Africa, but we said Africa, and Japan? Tsunami, etc! Dude, we have different country's, but we all are HUMANS! And I still think this is a great idea, but in my opinion, so much money envolved ruined this! If it was, 100€ or something like that, okay, 100€ or even 50€! Isn't so much, but 400€ is something dude!
Go ahead and give 500$ to someone. Have fun and good luck, thats all I can say now.
Once more, sorry for my english!
Originally posted by zythH^Originally posted by unBreakSdude wtf ? you cant tell anyone about how they need to spend the money .. since the money is not yours .. you cant tell him what to do .. so stop bs .. btw that thing "for the kids in africa", you think 500$ will help a lot ?
500$ can provide about 300 liters of water, about 60/70 kg of food maybe more, [...]
What about those who spend 500$ in weed or booze ?
Originally posted by zythH^Originally posted by unBreakSdude wtf ? you cant tell anyone about how they need to spend the money .. since the money is not yours .. you cant tell him what to do .. so stop bs .. btw that thing "for the kids in africa", you think 500$ will help a lot ?
500$ can provide about 300 liters of water, about 60/70 kg of food maybe more, maybe less, but it's around that, well, yes, it's his money, I'm just one guy who want to spend money on the right things, and then, I became hater, stupid kid and all bad things, that's real life... We can't give our opinion then someone came here and say's we are haters, kids, etc etc! Such good minds here! Yes, he can hire a moviemaker, he can hire players, but it won't help anyone! Of course, as always, I'm a kid who don't know a shit and spent 500$ in a kz movie is the right thing.
@ganjA! "nice one zythH^..:| my zara jeans costs 550 pounds:|
if u wanna help the kids from africa , talk to bill gates or warren buffet :-??. Keep going mrmysterious o_O i want this movie:x" No answer for that, that's a kid comment. Sorry.
"i agree with you! if this shit continues.. the moviemakers will ask for money before they make a ROTW o_O! .. so this should be the first and the last time there are money involved for a project!" That was probably your best comment ever.
@proppan Sorry dude, I have a life and I'm not gay, sorry and try to troll another one.
Anyway, UnBreaks, nothing personal, just saying, you are right, I don't need to say how to spend money, but, I can advice as person! Yes, sometimes we don't care about Africa, but we said Africa, and Japan? Tsunami, etc! Dude, we have different country's, but we all are HUMANS! And I still think this is a great idea, but in my opinion, so much money envolved ruined this! If it was, 100€ or something like that, okay, 100€ or even 50€! Isn't so much, but 400€ is something dude!
Go ahead and give 500$ to someone. Have fun and good luck, thats all I can say now.
Once more, sorry for my english!
It's getting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too off-topic, stop it now, I beg you guys.
But I'll still give you an off-topic answer to make it clear for everyone:
I didn't ask anyone to advise me how to use my money, since I'm sure I know much better what's going in the world and who's who, because I'm neither a child, nor a teenager. I better go and spend this money with my friends or whoever, because life time is short and if you don't live it to the fullest and don't try different crazy(maybe some of them meaningless) things, then you didn't live your life how you were suposed to. Common, what will I be joking and remembering about with my friends or children when I'll have them. What will I teach my children? "Go, work and give money to charities?" I would better remember some day in my life that "Haha that was me: I paid for a video game movie, how crazy that was(Laughters)" instead of "Well, I gave money to charities(serious face)". That's so lame imo. Let me ask you this question: look, you are a vip member on xj, which means you had to pay for it. Why didn't you give this money to Japan or Africa or whoever? You know, life is such a thing that if you misunderstand the real role of your life, you will become slave of "crazy wise" ideas in your mind. You know what's your life's role? Nah it isn't to give away money to charities. It is to gain experience, to learn things, to listen to others, to understand things, to study, to work, to chill, to joke, to help your family, to create a family, to teach your children important things, because they are the ones who are going to lead the future generation. They are the ones who need clear minds when you'll be old and need help. Where are the charities going to be when you need help? Correct: in your walet. So, stop talking about things you don't understand yet. You are not a politician or mother Teresa or a pope. It's their job to manipulate people and subconsciously dictate you stupid things(except mother Teresa). You know? You actually shouldn't even care about me, care about yourself, I'll live my life without your advices. If you consider that I'm wrong in what I wrote, I'm sorry for you and your education.
Guys, I'm really trying hard to be nice and kind with you, but you are reaching my limits. Stop writting off-topic stupid comments. I don't want to see anymore comments about "Why do you need to spend money money money", "Why does Moon appear only at night and sun rises in the morning?", "Why are you doing this?". Simply stop, because you give me such impression that you weren't educated well enough to communicate correctly and on-topic. How on earth do you want to have success in life when you write such off-topic things and develop such totally meaningless themes here. Go away, make another threads, discuss it, discuss it with your parents/friends, I'm not here your father or mother to explain you elementary behaviour rules.
First of all, I understand what are you saying, very well, another point is, this vip was and gift of one friend of mine, as you said, HIS MONEY! If I'm right, he can spend where he can. Yes, you can spend, and I don't care, but at first I laught a lot when I saw this for the first time! Really, a lot and though it will be crazy and probably nice, but then I though in my country, Portugal, or just, Greece, can't you see? I was educated expressing myself, where did I offended? I gaved my opinion, yes, you don't need to follow my advices, of course! You are free, as I or everyone here! I already did crazy things and think on it, first I think, "I was so stupid" then I laugh. But this isn't like, broke a glass, or stole one orange from a store, is more than that, is a big deal and serious, I like this project, I already said that, and it is a great idea, you can see that for the support, but I think this is not the greatest idea ever and you can see or ask for moviemakers, 10 minutes long movie, isn't easy, now, ask him for 25 minutes and 5 minutes trailer! I didn't called you child, maybe you are 20+ years old, also I don't care, exist kids with a great mind and adults with stupid mind... I don't wanna be hater or stupid person, I know it's your money, and I'm sorry for express myself! It was my idea, my first post here was like "troll post" or not but, then I wanted to post something adult and with logic! Everyone with my age, want to be crazy, I'm too! But on things for my age, like smoke, drink, etc. Probably you want to be crazy with this, and then you can get some sucess, I hope so! I hope you can finish this one and get sucess with this, but I was my opinion, such money involved didn't made my style, sorry if I'm wrong.
Also I'll stop post here, for off-topic and I don't care more about this, is your money right? Go ahead, good luck.
English again, sorry... also sorry for my idea!
Originally posted by zythH^First of all, I understand what are you saying, very well, another point is, this vip was and gift of one friend of mine, as you said, HIS MONEY! If I'm right, he can spend where he can. Yes, you can spend, and I don't care, but at first I laught a lot when I saw this for the first time! Really, a lot and though it will be crazy and probably nice, but then I though in my country, Portugal, or just, Greece, can't you see? I was educated expressing myself, where did I offended? I gaved my opinion, yes, you don't need to follow my advices, of course! You are free, as I or everyone here! I already did crazy things and think on it, first I think, "I was so stupid" then I laugh. But this isn't like, broke a glass, or stole one orange from a store, is more than that, is a big deal and serious, I like this project, I already said that, and it is a great idea, you can see that for the support, but I think this is not the greatest idea ever and you can see or ask for moviemakers, 10 minutes long movie, isn't easy, now, ask him for 25 minutes and 5 minutes trailer! I didn't called you child, maybe you are 20+ years old, also I don't care, exist kids with a great mind and adults with stupid mind... I don't wanna be hater or stupid person, I know it's your money, and I'm sorry for express myself! It was my idea, my first post here was like "troll post" or not but, then I wanted to post something adult and with logic! Everyone with my age, want to be crazy, I'm too! But on things for my age, like smoke, drink, etc. Probably you want to be crazy with this, and then you can get some sucess, I hope so! I hope you can finish this one and get sucess with this, but I was my opinion, such money involved didn't made my style, sorry if I'm wrong.
Also I'll stop post here, for off-topic and I don't care more about this, is your money right? Go ahead, good luck.
English again, sorry... also sorry for my idea!
You don't have to say sorry for your ideas, but what I wanted to say is that I'm getting already nervous with too much off-topic. What I asked people is suggest ideas about jumpers I should add and contact the ones I included in the list. I also accept opinions about movie length/editing stuff, but I don't like the off-topic right here. Read all the thread post and you'll find out that more than 50 % of the comments are off-topic. I don't mind off-topic in PM, but I really hate it when people write off-topic here just to compare their intelligence with mine(not all of them but anyway). I'm not here to have contests with you.
Ok: from now on, just write in PM what you want to say to me off-topic, because otherwise you basically look like a person that only wants to boast, that's how I perceive it. When you want to say something to a person, you don't do this in public in front of all, because this also has an impact on discussion.
Hope people understand the situation.
Best regards, MrMystery!
Well, I need to thank you for such good person you was ;) I'll tell you some jumpers you can add in my opinion.
Dsnts
collisioN-
Rodrig0v
collisioN- is active at the moment, Dsnts play sometimes but about Rodrig0v I don't know anything.
The "I'll not post here anymore" was for off-topic, with name's of jumpers I can talk I think.