Body Building / Work-Out / Fitness

Started by PU9makerrecord holder
07/11/2012 12:57
Page 3 of 9
nobody^25/03/2014 22:47

^

Mad respect.

A3TIUS26/03/2014 15:51(edited 26/03/2014 15:52)

@ PU9maker

"Dont hold your breath while lifting weights"

Not necessarily. When you're lifting weights 2x or 3x your bodyweight you gotta use "valsalva maneuver" i.e. holding your breath all throughout the range of motion. Any bodybuilder who lifts crazy ass weights or powerlifters would say that. Rest, google it up, you'll know :)

A3TIUS26/03/2014 16:25

Regarding Supplementation,

One should understand that Supplements are to "supplement" your natural diet and not "replace" them. Supplements don't give you any extra edge, it just provides you with extra "convenience"

I'll explain when supplements come in handy.

According to your bodyweight and training goals, suppose you're aiming 150-200 gms of protein per day. Frankly speaking, 500 gms of chicken, a litre of milk and 10 big eggs does it. But let's consider the following scenarios:

1. You have a very small appetite. And if you start eating that much all of a sudden, you'll probably spend half the day sitting on the can. Protein shakes come in handy over here. You can get half the protein content by drinking just four protein shakes.

2. You have a busy schedule which makes you stay out of home more than half the day, whether in office or school or college. You can't expect to eat 250 gms of chicken or 5 eggs during a break. It's not only time consuming but might also be embarrassing. Gulping down a protein shake from a shaker is a matter of less than a minute and it's not eye catching too.

3. You'd probably need to eat 10's of different vegetables or fruits to meet the daily requirements of vitamins and minerals. You can simply gulp down a capsule in it's place. It's just way more convenient.

4. Vegans face a very big challenge when it comes to meeting the daily protein requirement while keeping carbs and fats in check. Plus getting Class A proteins is tough for them. Whey is a good source for them at least.

Anyways, the bottom line is, it's not absolutely necessary to use supplements for bodybuilding or powerlifting or even staying healthy, but it sure makes it way more convenient. One should consider the usage of supplements purely based on their own financial condition, lifestyle, appetite and finally fitness goals.

I hope it clears out the entire confusion and debate regarding the whole "supplement" issue

ajuhhhhh07/04/2014 14:53

http://puu.sh/7Ztdw.jpg

random pic back from september, and for the record I'm not a bodybuilderfgt ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eaxv4Q6Hdz0&feature=youtu.be after 2-month pause

kujac15/04/2014 22:59

Originally posted by shooting-star
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eaxv4Q6Hdz0&feature=youtu.be after 2-month pause

Nice work dude, i'm struggling with planche too. I can hold bent arm full planche, but when i try with straight hands i barely hold straddle planche. Probably weak sholders, keep training.

Originally posted by kujac
I can hold bent arm full planche, but when i try with straight hands i barely hold straddle planche. Probably weak sholders, keep training.

thanks, i can hold straddle straight arm for 5+ seconds, but on that tree it was a bit wider and stable as rings :D

kujac20/04/2014 13:24

I did this yesterday. I'm not sure how this move is called, something between back lever and front human flag. http://postimg.org/image/ln9r7sllj/

PU9makerrecord holder20/04/2014 15:14(edited 20/04/2014 15:15)

haha ss nice

Bu7ler20/04/2014 17:46

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=455641344566189&set=vb.100003609826559&type=2&theater
Easy 140kg squat.

A3TIUS20/04/2014 18:13

Bu7ler, I think you can easily go for heavier weights. I doubt that's your 1 RM. Anyways, Good job :)

Bu7ler21/04/2014 17:31

I actually gave a try at 150kg. But my form deteriorated and I failed.

A3TIUS21/04/2014 21:51

DOesn't matter. You'd get it soon enough.

Btw if possible, go for Brandon Lily's Cube Method Workouts. That's some hardcore training shit imo. I think you might like it

nobody^21/04/2014 22:32

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/v/t34.0-12/10248976_502769409822749_205035456_n.jpg?oh=ec1639d21f62ad34d05627802e167982&oe=53574CC9&__gda__=1398212671_fe6df4badce7222e428e3d1441d43d91 One pic from me peeps =))

zythH^ moviemaker22/04/2014 21:29

After 3 months following sitka's tips:
http://i.imgur.com/2bk3368.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kpPp52Q.jpg

Thanks mate, and also thanks to nobody for the mad motivation :D:D

~krater~22/04/2014 22:20

Originally posted by nobody^
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/v/t34.0-12/10248976_502769409822749_205035456_n.jpg?oh=ec1639d21f62ad34d05627802e167982&oe=53574CC9&__gda__=1398212671_fe6df4badce7222e428e3d1441d43d91 One pic from me peeps =))


U are getting oldddd :(

nobody^22/04/2014 22:57(edited 22/04/2014 23:00)

Hehe, really love the fact that I motivate you. =))

What do you mean by old, mate? :p I may have grown a little, I can't remain that little nobody^ forever, you know. :D

sitka mapper VIP23/04/2014 09:42

zythH your the champ! Big respect to you my friend! More pull-ups and you will look like a beast in a few months! <3

sitka mapper VIP23/04/2014 09:46

I'm with nobody on this one. Streetworkout for represent!

http://imgur.com/4lwQ0Qg&qx50Qe5&CNDQ3jw
http://imgur.com/4lwQ0Qg&qx50Qe5&CNDQ3jw#1
http://imgur.com/4lwQ0Qg&qx50Qe5&CNDQ3jw#2

Best training style I ever tested after wrestling.

And zythH keep it up!

osamamama23/04/2014 14:32

nobody^ show your back! :)

Page 3 of 9

Please log in to post replies.