Body Building / Work-Out / Fitness

Started by PU9makerrecord holder
07/11/2012 12:57
Page 5 of 9
ajuhhhhh26/04/2014 21:05(edited 26/04/2014 21:07)

^ Idk, there are some 77kg guys on my gym who squat 170kg for reps, and they exhale as they come up. Matter of preference I suppose ^^

Edit : Damnit, just as I choose to use the ^ instead of quoting, a new thread page opens :P but I was replying to A3TIUS.

A3TIUS27/04/2014 09:29

Have a look at the link. The guy explaining the whole thing is one of the best strength coaches in India.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jyecn9rMb1Y

PS: Ignore the Indian accent and occasional regional expressions :P

And ya, if possible talk to powerlifters / strongman competitors. Whenever they lift heavy, i.e. in meets or mock meets, they always apply the same maneuver. Even super strong bodybuilders like Ronnie Coleman, Kai Greene, etc also use same techniques. Just watch a few of their videos very closely and you'd know. The why part is explained in the video I posted (y)

But ya, I do agree that there are more than one way to bell a cat :)

Bu7ler18/05/2014 15:37(edited 18/05/2014 15:39)

Poverty back.
http://www.upload.ee/image/4060451/IMG_20140421_153644.jpg
And also one little ab shot. Abs are in pretty bad condition right now, need more striation.
http://www.upload.ee/image/4060454/IMG_20140421_153708.jpg

Nubby-_-23/05/2014 14:39

http://prikachi.com/images/25/7344025R.jpg

Lelekolkosamdobar06/06/2014 20:25

http://prikachi.com/images.php?images/612/7378612h.jpg

I'm working out since May 2014. I eat everything, never went to the gym only street workout. I'm training for an hour and a half. // I'm slim with fast metabolism. If someone can tell me how to gain some fat I'll be very pleased. btw I'm 15 years old. :D I know it's not much but I'm a beginner

zythH^ moviemaker06/06/2014 20:52(edited 06/06/2014 20:54)

yo sicknature, I started 6 months ago and I got this: http://i.imgur.com/1vYysIB.jpg (already 1month old tho)
I am not skinny neither fat and have a fast metabolism, my daily routine is for workout is, 1 hour before workout, eat like a sandwich, juice/yogurt and a fruit, after that I usually eat another sandwich and cereals, also, lots of water!
I usually workout 1 hour a day, rest when I am really done with my body and I do bar's workout and push ups and abs normal workout, I also started jogging and walking so, basicly, don't eat bullshits, eat a lot, work a lot, rest the needed time and obviously, work as much as you can but do your exercises carefuly, do not overuse yourself, esp when you are just 15... Good job for now, by the way, follow this guy on youtube: Fortress, he is really great :)

Lelekolkosamdobar06/06/2014 21:12

@zythH^, I think the problem is because I don't eat a lot. Next day I'll eat much more because it's fucking Saturday which means no school = workout all day! :D About the exercises - I do the same exercises. One month ago I was training only at home only pushups and abs. 4 days ago I started going to the bars. About jogging - I don't do this because I'm training football and I'm running enough at training :D But the biggest problem is that I don't have enough time.. I have to study a lot because I'm in one of the top schools in my city, but you know summer is coming :) It'll be unforgetable summer! Thanks for the tips man! Also great body for only six months! Just do what you do and you'll be the best man! :)

A3TIUS06/06/2014 22:38

@ sicknature

Calculate your BMR and apply Harris-Benedict Principle to calculate your AMR. Add 500 calories to your AMR and try to consume that much amount of calories each day.

Divide your macros i.e. Proteins, Carbs and Fats as 30%, 50% and 20% (1 g Protein / Carb = 4 calories, 1 g fat = 9 calories) Try to limit your carbs to breakfast and post workout meals as much as possible. Get a multivitamin to take care of your micro requirements.

As far as training as concerned, try going for the BIG 3 i.e. Bench Press, Deadlifts and Squats. Keep your rep range to 3-5 reps a set and sets to 5 sets for each exercise. After 3 months or so, when you're comfortable with these compound lifts, check your 1 Rep Max.

Then proceed with the hypertrophy training with 60-80% of your 1 RMs, with reps between 8-12 and 3 sets with very less rest periods. Check out Brandon Lily's Cube Method (available for download from torrents) for designing an all round program and exercise recommendations.

Train hard & Eat Smart. In 6 months you should be able to gain anything around 20 lbs of muscle (you dont wanna gain fat btw :P ).

I hope it helps !!!

Nubby-_-06/06/2014 23:43

20 lbs muscle in 6 monts?Not. Thats reaaaaaally a lot of MUSCLE in short period like this + he said he train football so i guess you know what does this mean - cardio. Also powerlifting program like 5x5x5 or similiar to this is really good.I've done something like this but with 6 reps and i am really glad with the result.Like aetus said you should eat smart, if u want to gain MUSCLE, eat smart, not fast food shits which will slower your metabolism.Indeed to gain weight is a way harder than to lose weight but in both ways discipline is the key.

nobody^07/06/2014 01:10(edited 07/06/2014 01:10)

Lovely to see so many guys who are hooked up. Keep doing your tthing people. ;)

A3TIUS07/06/2014 08:52

Gaining 20 lbs of lean muscle in 6 months is not impossible.

But ya, it certainly not easy. Bodybuilding is not spending 2 hours in the gym, it's a complete lifestyle. You have to lead a completely disciplined lifestyle 24 x 7, never missing a meal, never giving up in the workouts and never cutting short your bed time.

kujac07/06/2014 10:38

Originally posted by A3TIUS
@ sicknature

Calculate your BMR and apply Harris-Benedict Principle to calculate your AMR. Add 500 calories to your AMR and try to consume that much amount of calories each day.

Divide your macros i.e. Proteins, Carbs and Fats as 30%, 50% and 20% (1 g Protein / Carb = 4 calories, 1 g fat = 9 calories) Try to limit your carbs to breakfast and post workout meals as much as possible. Get a multivitamin to take care of your micro requirements.

As far as training as concerned, try going for the BIG 3 i.e. Bench Press, Deadlifts and Squats. Keep your rep range to 3-5 reps a set and sets to 5 sets for each exercise. After 3 months or so, when you're comfortable with these compound lifts, check your 1 Rep Max.

Then proceed with the hypertrophy training with 60-80% of your 1 RMs, with reps between 8-12 and 3 sets with very less rest periods. Check out Brandon Lily's Cube Method (available for download from torrents) for designing an all round program and exercise recommendations.

Train hard & Eat Smart. In 6 months you should be able to gain anything around 20 lbs of muscle (you dont wanna gain fat btw :P ).

I hope it helps !!!

It sounds like you are one of those advice givers on bodybuilding.com. Anyways, good, clean and solid advice. First build the strong base, then move to more complex programs. Best advice ever A3TUIS

Lelekolkosamdobar07/06/2014 11:36

Thanks A3TIUS, but as I said in the comments above, I'm training on bars not in the gym. Anyways thanks, gonna use it! :)

kujac07/06/2014 13:01

Sicknature, i use this program for 3 months now, and, it works very well. Only thing you need is a floor and a pull up bar. http://antranik.org/bodyweight-training/

Lelekolkosamdobar07/06/2014 13:38

I'm following a program by Bar Brothers but thanks anyways. :) Btw can you post a pic of your body?

Nikša Jovanovic07/06/2014 17:03

http://niksa.vsco.co/media/539327a67567082b5e8b4a97

A3TIUS07/06/2014 19:16

@kujac

To be brutally honest, most of the advice in bodybuilding.com are a total crap. Most of them are target sale of one product or the other. It's better if one stays away from bodybuilding.com in the beginning days. Too many cooks spoil the broth as they say.

The best advice I received ever was, "Avoid the crap on internet and try to interact with people who have actually walked the talk". And tbh, that's a priceless advice I ever received.

@ sicknature

Try various forms of push ups, parallel bar dips, pull ups / chin ups, squats. Bodyweight exercises are really good to build up the muscle density and gaining strength in the initial days.

And remember, diet and rest play an equally important role just as training. Never undermine those. It's like a tripod, you disturb any of the legs, you disturb the entire setup.

kujac07/06/2014 22:23

This is me right now http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=153r4nb&s=8#.U5N0S_mSypA
I work only on strength...

Lelekolkosamdobar08/06/2014 08:27

@A3TIUS

My exercises are like this:
1. 5 sets 5 wider pullups
2. 5 sets 5 inner pullups
3. 5 sets 5 dips
4. 5 sets 15 wider pushups
Then I go home and start doing abs exercises by the Bar Brothers' programme. It consists of:
1. 15 regular crunches
2. 15 in and outs
3. 15 full length leg toe touches
4. 10 each side full length side toe touches
5. Sitting hold with leg kicks - 30 sec
6. Side to side holds - 30 sec
7. Sitting hold - 30 sec
8. Horizontal plane hold - 30 sec
And the sets of this I make are 4.

I think I'm making pretty good exercises because when I finish the training I feel my muscles like they are going to blow :D

hi.08/06/2014 14:20

Some new pics on my IG for those who want :)

http://instagram.com/floran_fh

Page 5 of 9

Please log in to post replies.