[TECHNIQUE] Slide-Bug (sb)

Started by NumB
28/02/2008 18:45
Page 2 of 6
ehlak28/02/2008 22:54

HAha c00l :D gj NumB

NumB28/02/2008 23:07(edited 29/02/2008 01:24)

Originally posted by Nekso
NumB-Bug
NumBug
NumB'ug
sounds cool ^^

I'm gonna try to make some NB or SB, on some maps, and see what turns out.
(What should we call it NumB?)


Slide-Bug is the best name solution, cuz it's from no dmg falls selection.


P.S.
So edgebug finder nickname was "edge"? And wallbug finder was "wall"? :D
I maybe wold call it numb-bug, but I won't cuz Tjubby found jumpbug & didn't call it Tjubby-Bug. In other words - it won't be logigaly to make a name for bug from no dmg category, what won't answer the question "what will be the movment after doing this bug?".
:)

Nekso28/02/2008 23:34(edited 28/02/2008 23:35)

Alright, and I agree with you. Better this way.
NumB, try to make some more demos :D



Originally posted by NumB
So edgebug finder nickname was "edge"? And wallbug finder was "wall"? :D

LMAO hahahAha

Bibo28/02/2008 23:42

theres no point in this tbh.. just do an edgebug, and if u cant cuz theres no edges, just jumpbug.. the maps with slides like that are rare..

Juhmp28/02/2008 23:42


so, there is no practical use for this?

OFFTOPIC : i call dibs on inventing the "crouch-jump"

lonewolf VIP29/02/2008 00:48

Slide bug looks cool, but on the case of Count, when he invents the cj, he/she cant use duck long jump haha

On your case, its better use slide bug, and credits for you. u will be remembered for all jumpers who is saved from the dmg fall using slide bug. But if you want a NumB bug, no problem. Its better to you I think.

NumB29/02/2008 01:05(edited 29/02/2008 01:48)

Originally posted by Juhmp
so, there is no practical use for this?

OFFTOPIC : i call dibs on inventing the "crouch-jump"

There is a use for this in wr maps, only I don't remember map names. Only know how they look. Example where bibo did hard cj-sc (not @ wr - just proved, thet sc is possible) and 240lj, where normal way is 220lj, 230lj, 240lj. L8tr gows normal way or eb, but with sb you can get 1 block higher (like jb, only jb is much more harder). Some unpopular yellow-organe block-map (colors like gigablock), only more blue-silver in it...


Originally posted by Nekso
Alright, and I agree with you. Better this way.
NumB, try to make some more demos :D
Originally posted by NumB
So edgebug finder nickname was "edge"? And wallbug finder was "wall"? :D

LMAO hahahAha

Made some demos - will upload them in some minutes.

// Edit:
Some fast demos.


Originally posted by Bibo
theres no point in this tbh.. just do an edgebug, and if u cant cuz theres no edges, just jumpbug.. the maps with slides like that are rare..

Agree, but there are such maps. & making Slide-Bug is much more easier then jumpbug/edgebug.


Originally posted by ikm
Slide bug looks cool, but on the case of Count, when he invents the cj, he/she cant use duck long jump haha

On your case, its better use slide bug, and credits for you. u will be remembered for all jumpers who is saved from the dmg fall using slide bug. But if you want a NumB bug, no problem. Its better to you I think.

Let's make it this way: who want's to call it Numb-Bug - call it NB, else call it Slide-Bug.

P.S. I'll be remembred for ljstats plugin (I think), so I don't care so much obout the credits. For me it's Slide-Bug, for you: your choice - Slide-Bug or Numb-Bug. =)

akM29/02/2008 01:26

Originally posted by Bibo
theres no point in this tbh.. just do an edgebug, and if u cant cuz theres no edges, just jumpbug.. the maps with slides like that are rare..


i have to agree with you this time.

Nekso29/02/2008 06:08

Thanks for the demos, gonna watch 'em in a minute.

and duuude, of course there is a pratical use for this, its great for wrs on some (rare indeed) maps.

gonna quote NumB on that, cause he just says pretty much everything.

Originally posted by NumB
P.S. lj/cj/doubleduck/eb/jb/wb/fast-ladder/straifing/... all this techniques are bugs to, so don't start here that it's a bug, & cuz of that noone will aprove it existions & won't be using it. Evrything new is not practical, but why you are saing, thet it's old? When cj was found - evrybody knowed things like doubleduck & lj. Now it's the same (jb principle + eb currection or lower + autosliding).

Bibo29/02/2008 06:36

Originally posted by akM
Originally posted by Bibo
theres no point in this tbh.. just do an edgebug, and if u cant cuz theres no edges, just jumpbug.. the maps with slides like that are rare..


i have to agree with you this time.

ONLY THIS TIME? YOU SAYIN THAT U DONT ALWAYS AGREE WITH MEH!?!!!?!?!?

@ numb : IMO jumpbug is better, i just figured out what is a jumpbug like a week ago, and i realised that every high bhop i do is a jumpbug, or half of them

wRath` mapper29/02/2008 07:40

@Numb, I think it might be wigbl0ck you're talking about. edgebugging/slidebugging on the spikes.

StormZz29/02/2008 10:38

showkeys demo pls ^^

NumB29/02/2008 16:18(edited 29/02/2008 17:00)


@ numb : IMO jumpbug is better, i just figured out what is a jumpbug like a week ago, and i realised that every high bhop i do is a jumpbug, or half of them

Bibo

Jump bugs are good indead, but belive me, the higher you fall - the harded it is to jb & I can't say it obout slide bug. It's as easy to do a slide-bug falling from the same ground where sb is, as falling from another demantion. :D

I'll try to exmplain.
Jump-Bug needs "-duck;+jump" @ perfect frame. The bigger vertical speed is, the harder it's to do it.
Edge-Bug needs to teleport you down (4 unit bug) + if engine woldn't teleport you down & you won't touch the ground... Thet's how eb works I think, so @ higher speed it's harder to.
Slide-Bug needs you to be 4 units from the ground & your horizontal velocity go to nearby slide-wall, what has nothing do to with vertical velocity.

daunela29/02/2008 18:49

wtf its super old -.- and u dont need to duck or smthin, u can do it without it..

NumB29/02/2008 20:36(edited 01/03/2008 03:31)

Hmm... Good point - why I didn't say thet cj is old when it was found? And why you didn't say? Or you did?

Specialy to daunela - I mean not stuck bug, but slide-bug (not stuck in dragons teath @ gigablock, but ANY slide wall, what has ground below).

P.S. Yes, it's possible w/o duck, only with duck it's much more easier, cuz player abs_min/max ground becomes a bit larger & centered abs_min/max stays the way it is, so you can make sb at more vertical slides.

// edit:

Slide-Bug sc @ kz_cg_wigbl0ck
demo

Phaze?01/03/2008 01:55

penis

Fliborecord holder Tournament #207/03/2008 15:41(edited 07/03/2008 18:50)

Sorry for that :D

ontopic:

Nice find, never seen it before. I found it interesting that everything has to do with 4 units etc. I always thought it was about the engine thinking that you're just walking down the edge @ edgebug, because the frame doesn't update when you are inside the block (by inside I mean that PERHAPS (I dunno) the engine teleports you on top of the block every frame).

radon mapper Tournament #307/03/2008 15:48(edited 07/03/2008 15:52)

1st. warning for Phaze?
(2nd warning = ban)

reason: writing senseless spam

DaMp mapper07/03/2008 17:12

it's just a simple surf bug of counter-strike when u surf often or map you should know that

spr1n mapper08/03/2008 16:41

not new defenately. but i did it standing on wigblock sc longtime ago, so it was much harder than eb then. gj making it easy in handful

Page 2 of 6

Please log in to post replies.