Is longjumping good or bad for XJ?
omg, there has been so much discussion about those lj's.. this thread is something we call "cooking out of water", still talking about the same thing .. I'm not reading this. btw max jump length is 1496.247763
Originally posted by SpiNeIn my opinion longjumping hasn't had a negative effect on this community or a positive. The thing which has effected the community though are the longjump-haters. If people want to longjump then let them do that, if people want to geek KZ maps then let them do that.
It's been said before and I 100% agree with it is, that the longjump-haters only hate longjumping because of the amount of publicity they get.
There are tons of post saying "Meh longjumping is sooo easy compared to KZ, all you have to do is jump on a block for a whole day"
My reply to these people if it's so easy then go out for half an hour on longjumps and prove it.
Long story short, leave the longjumpers to longjump and the KZ'ers to jump KZ.
+1
Only bad thing in this community are the lj-haters.
Here is my theory on why longjumps are so popular.
I think that there are very few people that play only longjumps.
90% of the people coming here wanting LJ help/asking about stats/other stuff.
Play another type of CS "mod" as their main game.
That leaves a lot of people, be it
Kreedzers
A lot of kreedzers do a bit of longjumping at the side.
HnS Players
Like to longjump to show of to their friends.
Surfers
Might wanna get better strafes
Normal CS players
Yeah, even normal CS players wan't to get good at LJ, they might not be as hardcore, but a lot of them want to make the nuke roof to rock jump.
All of these people come here to get LJ help beacuse its the most popular website which gives the illusion that the only thing everyone cares about is LJ.
Originally posted by scarybtw. isn't mjuuh kinda longjumper?
Well depens how u look @ it.
A longjumper for me is when u just longjump, nothing else.
mjuuh is skilled as a muddafukka on longjumping, but then he also been posting some pwning records, so he's not just a longjumper then imo. He's a climber who has sick lj skills.
EDIT: I know, on public servers you should be rewarded with ljstats when you have completed the map, like hook & noclip. Doesnt solve anything, but then it would make the longjumping in start disapear more and people would climb more. Little off topic, but anyway.
I think you need lj skil to beat some hard kz map.
lj 250 is enough for me.
Longjumping has been around for years, just like KZ. Just because it's starting to grow doesn't mean it should be removed or such. KZ started small, then grew; longjumping started small; and grew and is STILL growing.
It is a part of KZ, any way you look at it. If you don't like longjumping then ignore it. You don't see longjumpers complaining about KZ; it's the other way around. I can guarentee that 98% of those who complain about longjumping will be seen at one time or another trying to get better at it; whether on block or just for stats.
KZ takes skill. Longjumping takes skill. No matter how much someone says it doesn't, trust me, it does. Just relax and ignore it. If you honestly don't care about it, then don't do it / talk about it; just keep playing KZ and go own some WRs for us to watch.
kk3 : huh first of all nice thread (clap) ... and if you think there is no one who watches the longjump demos , you are wrong I do it all the time ... Where do you think I learnt longjumping from :? (XJ) and Who do you this my theacher is :? (no one) ... I have been watching demos ... I started jumping a year ago... and I didnt know what was prestrafe or maxspeed ...all this year I have been learning by myself .. and look at me now 254 block ! :) and I am looking forward 255 :):):) and if you dont enjoy it dont judge the other jumpers ... ! :|
Pretty soon it's gonna be like... can I improve my 255.4 to a 255.5? lol
Originally posted by ajR`Longjumping has been around for years, just like KZ. Just because it's starting to grow doesn't mean it should be removed or such. KZ started small, then grew; longjumping started small; and grew and is STILL growing.
It is a part of KZ, any way you look at it. If you don't like longjumping then ignore it. You don't see longjumpers complaining about KZ; it's the other way around. I can guarentee that 98% of those who complain about longjumping will be seen at one time or another trying to get better at it; whether on block or just for stats.
KZ takes skill. Longjumping takes skill. No matter how much someone says it doesn't, trust me, it does. Just relax and ignore it. If you honestly don't care about it, then don't do it / talk about it; just keep playing KZ and go own some WRs for us to watch.
exactly wut i would say :(
Aaaaaah finally a good thread in this forum!
It became increasingly rare last months :)
First of all, this is a game, and like every game, there are rules but you still can do whatever you want and you can play the way you want.
BUT! (yes there is a negative aspect, and not a small one)
Longjumping has totally destroyed KZ.
I'm gonna be repetitive but, the old spirit of this community is dead, there's nothing about fun anymore.
Nowadays this community is full of immature kids who have only 3 words/phrases in their head: "LONGJUMP!", "STATS!", "FUCK YOU/LOOK AT ME I'M THE BEST!".
It makes me think about 12-year-old kids who argue about "who has the biggest dick"
I don't say Longjumping is an error, longjumping is cool, but moderately.
Longjumping was cool before, when LJ stats didn't exist. LJ became "negative" for the community from there.
Now everybody "measures" a kz skill with longjumps stats. You're bad if you can't do 250, that's how it is...
So yes, LJ is a bad thing for XJ.
XJ is a kz community (what means climbing and not longjumping), the most important domain must remain climbing, whereas now it is longjumping.
Removing LJ/CJ records would be the best thing admins could do for this community. Plus, it would make disappear all those "newbs LJ kids".
By "newb" I mean people who don't know how to climb.
Childish people are killing this community, sad but true...
I didnt read the comments but my opinion is this:
You cant denie that ljing is a part of kz but only to a certain point! This community has been tunred like 180° in like 6 months! LJ here LJ there CJ here CJ there. I accepted this at first but im getting more and more annoyed by it!
So in my opinion sometihng needs to be changed, otherwise you can rename this website to xljstats.eu
peace out
(i know many people think this way so please yopu guys dont hesitate to tell it cuz i dont wanna be standing alone here!)
Originally posted by ndRAaaaaah finally a good thread in this forum!
It became increasingly rare last months :)
First of all, this is a game, and like every game, there are rules but you still can do whatever you want and you can play the way you want.
BUT! (yes there is a negative aspect, and not a small one)
Longjumping has totally destroyed KZ.
I'm gonna be repetitive but, the old spirit of this community is dead, there's nothing about fun anymore.
Nowadays this community is full of immature kids who have only 3 words/phrases in their head: "LONGJUMP!", "STATS!", "FUCK YOU/LOOK AT ME I'M THE BEST!".
It makes me think about 12-year-old kids who argue about "who has the biggest dick"
I don't say Longjumping is an error, longjumping is cool, but moderately.
Longjumping was cool before, when LJ stats didn't exist. LJ became "negative" for the community from there.
Now everybody "measures" a kz skill with longjumps stats. You're bad if you can't do 250, that's how it is...
So yes, LJ is a bad thing for XJ.
XJ is a kz community (what means climbing and not longjumping), the most important domain must remain climbing, whereas now it is longjumping.
Removing LJ/CJ records would be the best thing admins could do for this community. Plus, it would make disappear all those "newbs LJ kids".
By "newb" I mean people who don't know how to climb.
Childish people are killing this community, sad but true...
Agreed, old times for the win
Is longjumping good for XJ? Yes it is because of the amount of viewers it brings to the site.
Is longjumping good for the community? Not really
if admins want to make climbing more popular than it is now, they should remove the whole lj thread.
I think that LJ its not so bad at all... but the people who compare good players with question of their LJ record, they make it bad so.. in their oppinions people like Bibo.. oTcHeTo.. etc.. LJumpers are gooder than climberz like.. brian.. zhady.. etc.
And IMO theres still some "retarded" kids which still ask some s2pid questions how to do LJ..
I know how to do make good LJ/CJ/BHOPLJ scripts.. but still can't do more than 245LJ.. so its not all knowledge. KZ > LJ
I think longjumping is good for xj. Longjumping is even more popular than climbing and a lot of more people longjumping than doing both or climbing only.
the big point why people are making this Longjumps is that its easier to have success. LJing is a lot of easier than climbing , thats for sure (until you wanna jump 255 or whatever). but never the less longjumping is a good way to get kz skills, because you can train your strafes and its a BIG part of kreedzing. and yea, its just easier to press "wadadadada" than doing a perfect run on maps. but in the future there will be records that will be perfect like a 256 would be nowadays.
but scary Bibo or heat are not only known for their longjump skills, thats for sure.
and getting perfect runs on maps is not a question how skilled you are, to have a perfect run on a map is just a question about geeking. XJ will have more geeks that will do more perfect runs and at the end it will not be possible to have a record on bkz_goldbhop or maps like that, because they are perfectly made. but then we will have new harder maps where the skills arent enough to do them perfect.
you cant hate the people who are starting with longjumping. they actually know what they have to do to come in this lists, like doing a 254 or something and if you can jump 240 on stats and you get better every day it doesnt seem that long away. but to beat a worldrecord is soooo long away. without the national communities like climbers-germany for me, I wouldnt kreedz myself because I couldnt even get 1 demo in my first 8-12 months playing. that would be climbing without any success :/ "newcomers" need a lot of time to come onto that level like it is in XJ nowadays. when you see names in here for the first time its not like they started jumping yesterday. maybe they are kreedzing for over 1 or 2 years for getting first record. and even onto public servers who are well known the times are near to the world records for beginners they are not even ranked in any top15 lists or whatever. hm I really dont know how to solve this problems with the longjumping :/
I just wrote what came to my mind, that are my first impressions
well.... there are lots of longjumpers then climbers , that for sure and yeah longjumping is easier then climbing maps but i think the both things are connected ( I may dont use the right word sorry ) I mean there isnt good longjumer who sux in climbing and there isnt good climber who sux in longjumping ... see what I mean ..:D
dont think so .. :D
Originally posted by chrizZoand getting perfect runs on maps is not a question how skilled you are, to have a perfect run on a map is just a question about geeking.
Absolutly wrong.. to have a perfect run on a map it a question about your tallent.. It does not matter how many hours u will train ljing or bhoping or climbing.. It is impossible to do goldbhop in 0135 or xtremeblock in 0208 or to do 253 five times in a row with out ur own tallent..
I Agree with Akkord.
Being a good climber will automatically give you atleast some decent skills in longjumping, you'll get the strafes and the sync just by kzing.
But it doesn't work the other way around, being good at longjumping wont make you better at climbing imo, it will give you better sync and strafes though but it won't give you the mind of a kz'er. You study each jump right before you do it, how far is it? how many strafes are needed? do i have to duck at the end? Do i have to strafe around the corner? if so, ill make sure not to turn too sharp... Being able to jump far in a straight line, doesn't mean you're any good at strafejumps, or duckjumps or anyother non-ljrelated jump. What's the point in being able to do the longjump in an xtreme map, if you're not even capable of making it to the longjump?
I respect the people trying to improve their longjumping skills, but to the ones who think that your skill is defined by your longjumping skills, i suggest you play some kz aswell.
This wasn't meant to offend anyone. I don't think that ljing is GOOD for xj, nor that bad.
Originally posted by Pulsar!Originally posted by chrizZoand getting perfect runs on maps is not a question how skilled you are, to have a perfect run on a map is just a question about geeking.
Absolutly wrong.. to have a perfect run on a map it a question about your tallent.. It does not matter how many hours u will train ljing or bhoping or climbing.. It is impossible to do goldbhop in 0135 or xtremeblock in 0208 or to do 253 five times in a row with out ur own tallent..
I absolutely agree! I think chriZzos comment is wrong. Basicly what he is saying is that anybody would be able to pwn any record.
Originally posted by Pulsar!Originally posted by chrizZoand getting perfect runs on maps is not a question how skilled you are, to have a perfect run on a map is just a question about geeking.
Absolutly wrong.. to have a perfect run on a map it a question about your tallent.. It does not matter how many hours u will train ljing or bhoping or climbing.. It is impossible to do goldbhop in 0135 or xtremeblock in 0208 or to do 253 five times in a row with out ur own tallent..
well.. both of you are right I think cuz there are peaople who work so hard and they are getting better yeah thoose people have 99% work and 1% tallent there are other people who have 99% tallent and 1% work thoose peaople are just born learnt !!!
Please log in to post replies.