Is longjumping good or bad for XJ?
I also download ,and still do, allot of lj demos < mostly the 253 block with 253.1 distance type of demos > i think a demo of a block jumped with a smaller distance is more interesting and spectaculous to see than a big waste of distance strafes etc...and i think hj is very interesting and still don't know too much about that edge and its also verry useful in kz-ing.
Also stats shoud have only be showed for example on the lj record page next to the demo ,it is too spread and accesible and can hook you verry fast into a trap . i've discovered kz servers about 7 months ago and first 5 months were 24/7 ljing , i don't regrete it tho just i shoud have been more open too other sides of this mod
well i think that you need longjumping pretty much in kz so whats so wrong with training at it?
im not a longjumper and i suck at it and cause i suck at it i cant do extreme maps like kzno_xtremeblock or kzsca_broken, i think longjumping is boring, and i get a headache if i am longjumping, but i think brian zhady hel ndr flibo and puppetz and all the other guys who got wrs on xtremejumps a long time ago trained on longjumping cause if they couldnt longjump they never could have got a wr.
but what do i know im just a newb :D
Originally posted by Pulsar!Originally posted by chrizZoand getting perfect runs on maps is not a question how skilled you are, to have a perfect run on a map is just a question about geeking.
Absolutly wrong.. to have a perfect run on a map it a question about your tallent.. It does not matter how many hours u will train ljing or bhoping or climbing.. It is impossible to do goldbhop in 0135 or xtremeblock in 0208 or to do 253 five times in a row with out ur own tallent..
the funny part is that people dont even realize that if you arent a good longjumper you'll never get 1:35 on goldbhop.... bibo got it because he strafes further, thus faster. A person who has a record of 240 lj will finish goldbhop in like 2 minutes...
edit: +10000 to flibo... The only real problem here are the longjump haters (and not the longjumps) who made others believe that there was some sort of a problem in the first place
Originally posted by bapI Agree with Akkord.
Being a good climber will automatically give you atleast some decent skills in longjumping, you'll get the strafes and the sync just by kzing.
But it doesn't work the other way around, being good at longjumping wont make you better at climbing imo, it will give you better sync and strafes though but it won't give you the mind of a kz'er. You study each jump right before you do it, how far is it? how many strafes are needed? do i have to duck at the end? Do i have to strafe around the corner? if so, ill make sure not to turn too sharp... Being able to jump far in a straight line, doesn't mean you're any good at strafejumps, or duckjumps or anyother non-ljrelated jump. What's the point in being able to do the longjump in an xtreme map, if you're not even capable of making it to the longjump?
I respect the people trying to improve their longjumping skills, but to the ones who think that your skill is defined by your longjumping skills, i suggest you play some kz aswell.
This wasn't meant to offend anyone. I don't think that ljing is GOOD for xj, nor that bad.
Well said! I agree with you - Even though it was a bit offtopic.
I think I could be able to do bkz_goldbhop in 0135 pulsar. with 100 hours geeking, thats what im saying. do I have the talent then ? Ofcourse you need skills, but if you got them, its still a long way to get a worldrecord. because the rest is geeking. its like , are you able to do every bhop on "map x". I think you are, out of these 400 maps there should be one map where you can do all bhops and even 2 more. why dont you get the wr if you are tallented then ? thats the reason why there are not that many newcomers, even tho you have the skills doesnt mean you have the perfect runs.
Originally posted by mentaL_oYou cant deny that ljing is a part of kz but only to a certain point! This community has been tunred like 180° in like 6 months! LJ here LJ there CJ here CJ there. I accepted this at first but im getting more and more annoyed by it!
So in my opinion sometihng needs to be changed, otherwise you can rename this website to xljstats.eu
Yep, it has gone way too far. People no longer care about climbing so much. Anyone noticed how users that recently registered here usually go to LJ subforum and not taking part in the rest of forum? :S
Climbing is hard, it requires a lot more skill than LJing. And when you add popular belief that the bigger your LJ rec is, the better you are then it's totally fucked up. Newcomers only do LJing then. That's bad.
IMO, delete all LJ recs except the record ones (all 255, all 265, ...), delete LJ subforum (transfer some interesting threads in JUMPS subforum) and wait, maybe LJs won't be so trendy. Only we can do is wait, we have all the time of the world.....
yeah i know, i'm sorry about that scary =)
Originally posted by bapyeah i know, i'm sorry about that scary =)
No problem, I think you had a good point, that was all I wanted to say :)
jeez guys .. kz is going down just because of guys like you .. wtf is wrong with you guys
Originally posted by kzro`sn00pjeez guys .. kz is going down just because of guys like you .. wtf is wrong with you guys
You can't just say something like that without reasoning your statement.
it's all on those 3 pages .. everytime arguing about lj
Originally posted by tobiAs`but i think brian zhady hel ndr flibo and puppetz and all the other guys who got wrs on xtremejumps a long time ago trained on longjumping cause if they couldnt longjump they never could have got a wr.
I'm sorry but you're wrong =)
The first time I entered in the world top5 (6 months after I started kz) my longjump record was 240. 1 year after, my longjump record was 245.
Guess how I learnt longjumping?
By doing WRs and playing kz maps.
I never parcticed longjump, I hate it, I think it's boring as hell.
My LJ record is 251 block without any practice except climbing maps.
And it is the same for zhady.
I don't know about brian btw.
LJing is useless for climbing: 90% of the maps don't even have a 240-unit jump.
Well, I don't think that longjumping is bad for XJ/KZ. It's the behaviour of those immature kids that are like "LOLZ U CAN'T EVEN DO 25681251 UNITS??? LOLZZZ UR SHIT". I mean, I'm playing kreez for 4/5 years now and my record is still 245.
Back then, when SuPa broke the 240 units, more and more people started longjumping and more and more people broke it. But i've never seen anyone saying "LOLZ U CANT DO 240??? UR SHIT", the mentality was different, then
So people need to work on their attitude, if that happens i guess everything will be good again :-)
Sry for typos, it's late
@ scary and pulsar : everyone has talent... they just don`t know it... u must train/geek to discover ur talent...
who knew that bibo the longjumper would be an awesome kreedzer, with amazing strafes/speed/skill?
@ everyone here that hates lj`ers : u should grow up... it`s a fucking game and everyone has the RIGHT to do whatever the fuck they want in this GAME... don`t like it? don`t watch/listen/say anything about ljs...
XJ hasn`t got down since ljs started to grow... on the contrary... look at the sick releases that we have nowadays... mainly lj`ers pwn new maps...
i`ll just explain with the last release :
13 players --> 16 new WR`s
out of these 13 players the following have lj skills(this is as far as i know...)
chrizzo, mjuuh, pruno, puppetz, quve, supa, zhady (yes... all of these people can do 250 on block... remember prochallenge_longjump?...)
so thats 7 people out of 13... but i can assure you that all the other jumpers from the release r good ljers aswell...
and btw...i don`t want to make you remember about heat or sakto...
what i`m trying to say is that LJS r a part of KZ, like it or not... and in order to beat some of the new maps here, u need to have good ljs skills...
as SpiNe said : leave longjumpers to lj and kreedzers to kz...
Originally posted by boom.dllwho knew that bibo the longjumper would be an awesome kreedzer, with amazing strafes/speed/skill?
y does everybody say this :( ? ask jay, i can tell you that when i started longjumping, i worked on wrs MUCH MORE than longjumps, jay knows.
actually it was xtremedesert :(:(:( cant believe i still didnt get it
ndR i'm agree with all you wrote, except this:
Originally posted by ndRRemoving LJ/CJ records would be the best thing admins could do for this community. Plus, it would make disappear all those "newbs LJ kids".
By "newb" I mean people who don't know how to climb.
So I fixed it:
Removing LJ/CJ stats would be the best thing admins could do for this community.
I know, this is impossible to do, but it would be great
Originally posted by ndRRemoving LJ/CJ records would be the best thing admins could do for this community. Plus, it would make disappear all those "newbs LJ kids".
By "newb" I mean people who don't know how to climb.
I think leaving one current wr is enough, because it's the same like holding many records on one map. We hold only the BEST. So keep only the BEST longjumps (the first demos on blocks)
Well I mean when dude pwns 252 or 253 it's similar to: he did kz_cellblock in 04:05 or 3:58 or smth ;)
overall I started playing kz as a normal climber, but suddenly I was very interested in longjumping, because when I watched as I rememeber niconens lj show with his 254 block - I thought wtf? Downloaded kzfr_ljs and went to 254block (then I was able to pwn 210!!! (in like one time per 10)). And though why the hell he can do such a long jump? And then I entered the LJ world. Started geeking longjumps, 230, then 240 then 250.. ofc I was playing kz maps in pubs with some dudes like Numb and others. But I spent much time on recording ljs 251, 252 and so on.
A bit later I got uber boring in longjumps (cj was found and there was reached 260limit). Then I was good at longjumping -> I mean at multistrafing. And I started playing climb maps. I found it uber fun as like xtremeblock or cg_extreme or many other maps. I knew many old maps from pubs, but only then I got interest in new maps, started mapping myself, found what the wonderful other kz side is (climbing and map records). So I stoped geeking ljs that much (yep I was only a lj geek) and started playing kz maps (but didn't stopped ljing at all)
In the other side longjumping is very interesting as the limits of human possibilities. New techniques as cj and so on are really cool. But in other case longjumping growed a bit tooooo big nowadays.
Well longjumping growed me from longjumper to a bit advanced climber (I learned strafing only from longjumps) but I think not many people turn their own way from longjumping to climbing. That's the problem. I think the lj limits are nearly reached. 256will be made anyway. but not more. Cj ah.. this is stupid thing (I'll kill you thopa, where you dissapeared :D ) but it's still near to the limits of human possibilities, bhop longjumping is reached, drop-ljs reached. And there are no other techniques for humans (except these uber edark techs for scripters.. ^^) So I think Longjumping as a part of kz should stop its growth soon, because of its limits. But climbing shouldn't. I think each new map 'is like a new technique', If you wanna pwn a good run, you have to learn whole map (each jump!) so you can do a nice run then. And there are no limits because new maps are releasing (and that is very good). Also more maps -> less 'unbeatable demos'. So more players can pwn wrs -> there comes a competition and this creates an interest of playing climbing maps.
on the other hand I don't like these lj-haters with their "OMG YOU ARE SO FUCKING LJ GEEK, YOU GEEK LONGJUMPS 24/7!". lol? Don't you thing climbing map records aren't geeked too? Do you (I apply to you -> lj-hater) think it's so easy to pwn wr? Take 1hour and make an unbeleavable demo? Try it yourself. Climbing maps world records are also geeked as longjump records -> it's obvious, because it's game and it's records!
A little example: cool climber can pwn many maps in a good time. Counter-Argument -> create 20 kz_longjumps with different textured maps and a cool longjumper can show his or her skills at all 254blocks in each of these 20 maps. Only the difference: climbing maps demands much more skills than only a longjumping.
I think doing a world record (doesn't matter climbing maps wrs or longjump wrs) is geeking. But it's a game and if we don't like it we don't play, If we like -> we do :)
ps: and ofc I love my english ! <3 thanks for each who read whole my post :>
EDIT: I just thought about a crazy thing. If maps could have for instance 3 records. 1st, 2nd and 3rd places (OR EVEN top5!) (like there are many longjump demos, not only the ONLY ONE of the block), so people would be interested in pwning climbing maps, because they wanna get famous (wanna be listed anywhere!). I think this could refresh climbing maps playability (lol word just craeted it :D ). The idea > dude wanna be listed so he starts pwning random map (but it's a climb map!!!). The only thing is that holding top5 demos of each map = taking 5times more webspace = this costs a lot :(
Originally posted by Fact or FictionI think the lj limits are nearly reached. 256will be made anyway. but not more. Cj ah.. this is stupid thing (I'll kill you thopa, where you dissapeared :D ) but it's still near to the limits of human possibilities, bhop longjumping is reached, drop-ljs reached. And there are no other techniques for humans (except these uber edark techs for scripters.. ^^)
When Asafa Powell beated Moris Green's record 100m sprint in 2005 (he did 9'79) everyone said something like.. "Oh, it is th end of 100m sprint records history.. He reached human possibilities.. His run is perfect.. It is impossible to improve this time.." etc.. But he make a come back and beated his own record in May of 2007 he did 9'74.. Do u think what it is the end ? HELL NO! One unknown guy Usain Bolt beated Asafa's record before the Olympic Games in 9'72 and improved it again in Beijin. Now 100m sprint record in open air is 9'69.. And i am sure it will be improve lot of times in future.. It was 10'00 in 1960 and may be, just may be it will be 9'6x in 2060..
Same think in LJs.. 2 years ago noone can't even imagine what some guy from Bulgaria will do 253x5 times in a row.. Now 256lj is unbelieveble, but i am sure it will be done x2 or x3 times in a row in 2010 or 2012..
Yeah sure, if you remove LJ records, then all of the longjumpers will just start playing KZ instead..
Good luck with that.
For me LJ is a way of testing my abilities, so sometimes I check how far I can get. And I have my strafing skills mostly from climbing.
EDIT:
And a lot of people say that longjumping helps you at climbing, I wouldn't agree 100% to this. You develop good multi-strafes, but that's about it. What you would rather have use for is the ability to do HJs on tiny blocks without pre. Some people are incredibly good at this (flaip)
I read a lot of comments now and I have to say I just dont see the point anyways. what is so bad about longjumping ? I love watching longjump demos and I love watching longjump shows. thats pure skills I can see there imo. but doing it myself isnt that cool to be honest, its just nice to see someone who can do a 250 x times in a row. and it isnt like this that its all about longjumping , look at the new world records. the limits are getting higher and higher every release.
But there is something I have to say now for making more people climbing: the new maps are not that good like the old ones. In the new maps its only about design, the mapchecking team is looking at every single texture bug in all the maps. and then we got a new super duper designed map where you have the feeling that you are in hl2, with shitty jumps that are just boring and a surf shortcut on a block noone understands how to do it except the wr holders. climbing is getting more and more boring for me because I allways have to play top designed low fps maps. maps like j2s_westbl0ck or xtremeblock are missing in the new releases :/ I mean the mappers doing a great job but all they have to concentrate on is the design. We are playing counter-strike 1.6, I think everyone who is playing this isnt a HD grafic wonder freak, I would play cs source otherwise. nice new maps who are fun to climb would be a huge key for bringing a lot of people back to climbing imo.
Please log in to post replies.