Why did you pick your names?

Started by Spaceman Spiff
18/11/2005 23:51
Page 2 of 7
Spaceman Spiff22/11/2005 06:37

Saay since a lot of you guys are European, you must have interesting REAL names too :P no offense

Mines Brandon, just an old American name :)

FikoN22/11/2005 11:50

Create a new topic for that one instead :p

-nightmare-22/11/2005 15:37

my first name is Thomas, look at my profile for my last name :E

dropsys mapper22/11/2005 21:40

hello. my name comes from the old days when internet wasnt around and all there was were Bulletin Board Systems The owner of the BBS was called a sysop. I turned it around to opsys and added the dr. opsys(doctor opsys) which then shortened to dropsys which ironically was the name of a disease closely related to scurvy. It kills and so do I in jumping. hehe j/k well more boring facts you dont need to know... peace :D

fuzzerd23/11/2005 06:45

I made my name up when I was younger, probably about 12 years old, and I loved warcraft2 and would play it with my freinds. At that time I would try and make a new name every time I played against my friend, and I came up with 2 that I kinda liked and were original. Later on I signed up to msn gaming zone to play warcraft2 against other people with one of those names, and I forgot the password or something and had to make an account with my other name "fuzzerd". When I originally came up with the name I was thinking buzzard/blizzard or something like that and didn't realize they were both spelled with an a. I think I was also thinking fuzz, you fuzz your a fuzzer if you've had fuzzer happen to you you've been fuzzer'd, then the importent part, I decided that this name reminded me of the griffins from warcraft2. I'm not sure how I got the z capitalized exactly, I think it happened around the time I started playing cs and using winmx. I think it was originally FuzZeRd, but I couldn't find any cool small d like charecters for my 1337 winmx name so it was FuzZerD and then I droped the capital D because I didn't really like it that much or something I don't know lol.

Spaceman Spiff23/11/2005 06:49

woooow thats long :P

fuzzerd23/11/2005 07:03

lol now you see why I didn't want to go in detail about it when you asked me in game :P

h1m1 mapper12/09/2006 18:42

my nickname cames from the mountain in Himalai o_0 don't remember why my friends call me like that :P and i tought that is a long name so i just choose himi then h1m1 for more pwn efect xD

Malvin mapper12/09/2006 19:06

Real name: Marvin
Nickname: Malvin

sounds better? :) and real name as nick is silly :E

[ Edited Tue Sep 12 2006, 07:07PM ]

Aly00712/09/2006 19:25

Hello , My name is Alin i delete "n" i change "i" to "y" and i add 007 from James Bond :P
Nickname : Aly007 :D

SirBenniMiles12/09/2006 19:41

fc malvin ^^
first i played cs normally and was called d_lol_bong
but after i changed another clan i named me amOk dunno why ^^. Then i saw this movie Xtreme-Jumps and i saw aSIX (favourite climber ever 4 me btw) but some dudes like malvin, exorzist .... said to me i fake his name blablabla.then i came to xtrmjumps and the names like amok , asix were not aviable. then i bought me a new t-shirt and a new jacket on the back of stands

SirBenniMiles

Read12/09/2006 21:42

i saw read only :P and stuck with it just a piss around then it was read ownly now just r33d :p

ichirou12/09/2006 22:04

I got my name from a anime series called Anglic Layer, there's a really cool and weird character there with the name "ichirou" Link:
http://angelic.hikaru.online.fr/data/galerie/icchan/01.gif

radon mapper Tournament #312/09/2006 22:26

I just thought radon sounded cool:) i came up with it at school, during a lesson.

SirBenniMiles12/09/2006 22:51

mh i think radon come from the lat. radius and means sth like "radioactives chemiches element"
[ Edited Tue Sep 12 2006, 10:51PM ]

Kesh12/09/2006 22:56

Nick: B-bOy-KesH
B-bOying

Real Name: Tanio
:D pwn my name :P

Pf0llz0r mapper13/09/2006 14:04

It's a LONG story but okey, It started of when two of my classmates put a pink paperslip on my back and started calling me "Pinky flärpen Outsidé", then I shorted the nick and came up with Pf0.

After a while I changed to "Pfn0lliE" becase "n0ll = zero" in swedish, and after some time I wanted a more 1337 name so I changed to "Pf0llz0r" and that is my final nick o.O .... See, long story short :P

BTW I use snirrE^ sometimes when I play public ;)
[ Edited Fri Sep 22 2006, 09:29AM ]

Maxohhz13/09/2006 17:05

I used to use similar nicks than which one old friend used. At that moment his nickname was Nikohhz because he is called Nikolas, and because of my name (Maximiliano) i used Maxohhz :D

ScooteR14/09/2006 11:42

Hm i just tought that scooters cool in the past ... before i played servers for normal cs and all the guys were with nicknames with many numbers and different symbols and they were like "capital letter small letter capital letter small letter" like ViRuS for example
Then i came up with Sc0o7eR cuz i looked nice imo :D
in a while i was sick of it so i short it up to Sc7r but nowadays guys make their nicknames heaton style (HeatoN , SpawN , InseN :D) so i made up ScooteR xD

ichirou14/09/2006 14:04

Lowercase names (or with one capital at the beginning) FTW!! I don't like other combinations... if you were to make a study asking which age the most '4bcd3F' and 'AbcdeF' users has it would be like an average of 14-15 so I think the nick mirrors your age :)

Although to have geeky anime names like ichirou probably won't make it sound older :D

Page 2 of 7

Please log in to post replies.