Why did you pick your names?

Started by Spaceman Spiff
18/11/2005 23:51
Page 3 of 7
theL0w^14/09/2006 15:44

L0w just L0w :)

ScooteR14/09/2006 16:31

Lowercase names (or with one capital at the beginning) FTW!! I don't like other combinations... if you were to make a study asking which age the most '4bcd3F' and 'AbcdeF' users has it would be like an average of 14-15 so I think the nick mirrors your age :)

Although to have geeky anime names like ichirou probably won't make it sound older :D

ichirou

ichirou is kewl i like japanise names from teh animes :)
<3 shaman king

Aura16/09/2006 11:56

i picked my name coz i thought it sounded cool, lol.
+ i used 2 use it in 1.5 and stuff.

Volsfootball16/09/2006 18:27

I guess its my turn. . .

My name is pretty obvious if you live in the USA, but for those who don't:

Vols is short for Volunteers, which is the mascot/logo for the Tennessee Volunteers of the University of Tennessee at Knoxville. Vols is what everyone uses instead of the Volunteers. I picked Vols because my bro goes to college there, and I was born there.

Football: . . . not the soccer kind. The American kind.

So i just put 2 and 2 together to create Volsfootball. . .I came up with the name around 3 years ago, before my name was Conan O'brien for the late night host on NBC.

*The Volunteer football team is my favorite in all college*
[ Edited Sat Sep 16 2006, 06:28PM ]

Heliosg18/09/2006 11:52

I think you know who Helios was :o ( at least european ppl should )
It's kinda long but ....
Before Helios I played with Blade ( I liked the movie )and Musashi ( I LOVE THE BOOK ) . Anyway ppl. started to make fun of Musashi :( calling me Musamashi and stuff like that :) .
"And one time in bandcamp " =))) (Home) i decided that I need a new nick . So i took a book with mythological names and started searchin for a new nick >.< After a few bad picks I came upon Helios ... and ( the SUN god .. ) i thought wtF this is cool ... and since then my nick is Helios or H3lios ( for 1337 effecT ) . I also play with G1nTonic or alc00l ^.^

Helios .fuNny.loVe.
:D


[ Edited Mon Sep 18 2006, 11:54AM ]

IGNA18/09/2006 23:48

igna; my name is ignacio =] igna...ignacio...igna.. get it ?

owned =] my nick zuckz sooo hard =$

madturtle27/09/2006 22:06(edited 29/09/2008 20:43)

When i played normal cs, there was a guy in my clan who had the nickname "Vendon" but he changed it to MADFish ^^ and after a while he changed again to "Kladden" so after the clan was down and i was tierd og my old nick ZydoN i begun think of he's old nick MADFish and then it just popped in my head Turtle so that's the history behind the nick "MADTurtle" :x

splatt28/09/2006 15:08

i picked splatt coz when i first started jumping thats all i ended up doing going splatt :)

tracey blast mapper07/10/2006 11:52(edited 22/10/2010 15:10)

looks cool n pretty nice . XD

AverageFreak19/11/2006 10:36

I dont really remember why did i pick bl00d_d00d,but Im sure that it had something to do with Quake3 :D

trb19/11/2006 16:09

became my nick trough my teacher and classfriends :D

why, not important here ^^

Murvelman19/11/2006 16:27

I've played with Murvelman ever since i started gaming ,and i had no idea why i picked it until i found a book named "Murvelman och spökgrottans hemlighet" in my grandparents house. I guess i must have read it when i was little or something....
I think it's really ugly but i won't change it now,and im so tired of everyone with "cool" nicks like Sl4y3r or something with N^ in the end.



[ Edited Sun Nov 19 2006, 06:58PM ]

xiller19/11/2006 18:07

Don't exactly remember why I choose this nick, but it probably had something to do with the name killer being used by people a thousand times and trying to make it original by changing the "k" into a "x" :P
Btw my rl name is: Sean and I'm from holland.

V0ncH...25/09/2011 12:02

i was munching food
then tought monch but changed the letter to a v to make original so VONCH BLAD

nobody^25/09/2011 12:27(edited 25/09/2011 12:28)

Back in the days I used to have a lot of nicks but I decided to pick one... I was randomly listening to music when I saw one song called 'Limp Bizkit - Nobody loves me' and then.. I just liked how NobodY looks.. I bet it looks ugly to most of ya'll but.. :)

kyser25/09/2011 18:54

nice bump

nucLeaR25/09/2011 19:45

Epic bumb indeed.

Anywhore, my ex-name was -[GG]-M@N, but there was already a professional CS 1.6 romanain player in PGL (professional gamers league, biggest cs 1.6 competition in romania) with the name M@N. Whenever i played mixes everybody was like "Hi, M@N ^^"
Then i had ForCe, but after some time i wanted to change it and i thought at the map de_nuke, firstly I had "NuKe", but it felt weird, then NucLeaR and finally i lowered the N into nucLeaR.

@nobody^, looks nice indeed, but not the best meaning imo (no offense).

@kyser, next time when you're going to post something like that, add it with something more sensible to be ontopic. And there is always a "report button" if you're not satisfied at any point.

OT: Don't really remember where I took it from, but I just noticed it looks nice, even though I don't think so now :)

Gargoyle25/09/2011 20:52

Rofled "Epic bumb indeed." :D

Gargoyle came to be my nick years ago when I was playing Helbreath as not much smaller kid then I am now, but it's been with me for Zeus knows how long... Seriously I'd be guessing around the time the game was released, so around 03-04 (I could've sworn it was over 10 years ago :D) anyway, it's a creepy monster in the game.

No recollection of the nicks before that and only using different nicks in public games cause some douches steal my nick -.-. Yes.... It's my nick! :'(

itachi^25/09/2011 22:59

i mustve been quite high

Page 3 of 7

Please log in to post replies.