kz_kzro_deathtales
Originally posted by NumBIf you are using for make sure you combined sky with it perfectly. Or else it will look ugly. For example kzlv_wounder... (dont remember full map name). Anyway fog and sky combination in that map is just perfect when here it's unrealistic. If you will use one color-sky, better make it some texture, so it will use less power.
You live up to your nickname for sure. Since the map is in it's beta stage, nothing is final. That's why I replaced the sky with a 3d gradient map, which means it's not a solid color. If you was to make a simple comparison between the opening scene and the last one, you would've noticed the obvious difference, but why bother? Solid black and a gradient map, quite hard to get two sky textures in one map?
This is how it looked like originally: http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4664/kzrodeathtalesfinal0000.jpg
use the texture if you want np
You should not use a sky, just a plain texture covered with the same color as the fog is, it makes it more realitic (+ hl engine renders a sky as an "inderpendent" part, so fog won't accept on it).
that's what i do :D not done yet :<
loewl i liked the edit .,,,.
map was cool too
romania <33 :D:D
w0w, last post one year ago ( wihtout few days but w/e ) Here we go with some fresh screens, this Is like 10-15% from map. Enjoy or not.
http://h.imagehost.org/0828/dtales.png
http://h.imagehost.org/0368/dtales1.png
http://h.imagehost.org/0263/dtales2.png
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0070/dtales3
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0887/dtales4
http://h.imagehost.org/0189/dtales5.png
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0581/dtales6
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0289/dtales7
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0089/dtales8
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0789/dtales9
it looks great keep up the good work
Hurry up and finish your map...it still looks sick!
[blockquote]w0w, last post one year ago ( wihtout few days but w/e ) Here we go with some fresh screens, this Is like 10-15% from map. Enjoy or not.[/blockquote]
I thought that almost finished map and you're approximately 90% work :O I'm somewhat disappointed aswell impatient... :( But OK.
What to screens/map: I always knew after watching st0ka's trailer if that map will be released be simple great. Photos says alone for oneself. Therefore I asked you earlier about this map. As said pLaguE:>, hurry up with project, since I would like to play already on it. And of course I enjoyed the screens :D
Good luck!
Geddyk u'll be even more dissapointed :(.You don't know but sn00p is the lasiest mapper in the kz scene.He makes a map in years :D.Srry but maybe these words will boost his work.The map looks great as all the other maps.Maybe this is the best one but who knows maybe in the next 2 years he will make another 1 xD.Still waiting for it...
geddyK don't need to be disappointed, I had alot of problems with this one, lost the .rmf after months of works ( posted @ help section ) power went down and corrupted the .rmf, After that I left the project...few months later I started to make the map again and here we are.
Also did I said the map is only 10-15% done ? That part you see in screens is just 10-15% from it. The map is around 70% completed :)
Edit : A lil teaser - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIdLsgCIzXY < -
Originally posted by sn00pEdit : A lil teaser - > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIdLsgCIzXY < -
I think that thirdly. You saw this one?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLsA-e_6Mao
That one wasn't suppose to be online. Since I didn't liked how he made that one and also default sky -_-
I might add some new screens tonight or tomorrow, depends how fast I work =) Since the next room It's still a WIP but not much left to do.
Edit : lol nwm =)
I so fucking dig the color of the water. can't wait for this sn00p. Please don't wait another year to finish it ;)
If everything goes well, this this fall is done :)
Here we go with 6 screens, 3 from the previously room ( updated ) and another 3 from other room ( early build, more details missing etc )
!!! Screens are over 1.5mb !!!
Updated room
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0306/img01
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0998/img02
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0908/img03
New room
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0112/img04
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0909/img05
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0811/img06
Also those "particle-likes" from the first screens are still in beta....
What I like the most (at least by the screens) is that you have used unique textures.
By the way did you find a way to switch off/disable fog in some parts of a map? Because it's there in some screens and in some it is not. Interesting...
Originally posted by PieshelsBy the way did you find a way to switch off/disable fog in some parts of a map? Because it's there in some screens and in some it is not. Interesting...
I was wondering the same, if yes it could be nice to tell how.
This map looks so cool, the ambiance is so how I like it! I definitely like your maps sn00p, can't wait to play this one :)
@ Pieshels Unfortunately no, that's because for now map have like 5 different .bsp, helps me to work faster and test some of the parts ( don't wanna wait 2-3 hours and find out something fail'd somwhere )
Originally posted by sn00p@ Pieshels Unfortunately no, that's because for now map have like 5 different .bsp, helps me to work faster and test some of the parts ( don't wanna wait 2-3 hours and find out something fail'd somwhere )
So basically, the last result will be with fog (ruins those non-fog places) or without fog (ruins the fog places)... I really hope that you will think it out how to make everything look perfect, because I already feel that mystically scary and innovative atmosphere.
Keep up the good work!
Oh and Just be sure that you don't exagerate with entities. Wanderer already had way too much entities, not to speak about 2001...
I'm afraid of those l0w limits tho, hope I can finish and add all things that I have in mind and .rmfs =) Either way some places/rooms/etc they will not be added @ final build.
Also 'bout the fog places and non-fog places, ur right but were gonna see ...
I'll add fog to the fogless places just to see how it looks.