kz_kzro_deathtales

Started by st0ka
15/07/2009 22:10
Read-Only
Page 6 of 7
sn00p mapper18/08/2010 16:20(edited 18/08/2010 16:20)

@ NAPZ - Not really, I'm talking 'bout peps with little ram/cpu/video memory.

Final version compiled like 1h ago, will be up'ed on XJ soon :D

Thx for your support guys <3 ( 100 replies lol )

remake18/08/2010 17:02

btw, get kz_ tag for it!

Punk^18/08/2010 18:11

So I see your reply was made almost two hours ago, still I'm not seeing the map on the frontpage.. explanation?
:D:D

sn00p mapper18/08/2010 18:58

Can't see how can be on frontpage O_o It's via submission only.

w1zzrecord holder18/08/2010 19:21

I guess he says that your map doesn't need further checking, and it should be directly released :D

Punk^18/08/2010 19:35

^ w1zz said it all :-D

sn00p mapper22/08/2010 11:57

Well... :D

Here we go with the first 2 ss's from the second one, still early build :P

http://h.imagehost.org/view/0431/Deathsands1st
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0731/Deathsands2nd

koukouz mapperrecord holder22/08/2010 12:46

Originally posted by sn00p
Well... :D

Here we go with the first 2 ss's from the second one, still early build :P

http://h.imagehost.org/view/0431/Deathsands1st
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0731/Deathsands2nd


I like these less, it seems that you wanted nice squary and clean rooms in the previous pics, and I like that a lot. But here the lights are randomly placed which gives quite a dirty feeling. Otherwise the star-hole is awesome!

Punk^22/08/2010 13:38

I think it looks pretty cool :-)

Pieshels mapper23/08/2010 22:40

Too dark imo.
Just ordered extra buckets from eBay just in case You don't finish/submit/release it in a week.

sn00p mapper24/08/2010 07:54(edited 24/08/2010 08:28)

w/e

'bout the screens, meeh, I have some new ideas :/ I might do something today but not sure.

tracey blast mapper28/08/2010 16:05(edited 22/10/2010 18:49)

. XD

sn00p mapper30/08/2010 16:05

Another 2 screens from a early build :) enjoy

http://j.imagehost.org/0025/Deathtales01.jpg
http://j.imagehost.org/0705/Deathtales02.jpg

Bout the last ones ( from the above post ^^^^ ) don't think it'll be on final vs.

Punk^30/08/2010 21:51

Looks awesome sn00p :-) Really like the tree model :-)

koukouz mapperrecord holder30/08/2010 22:40

when will it eventually be done? I want to play it :( and with 100 fps if possible! I hope it won't turn like kz_2001, an unplayable map with a great look

sn00p mapper30/08/2010 22:49

Well the first map is done O_o Still in checking through, what I'm showing now it's from deathtales2.

pLaguE^30/08/2010 23:32

Originally posted by sn00p
Another 2 screens from a early build :) enjoy

http://j.imagehost.org/0025/Deathtales01.jpg
http://j.imagehost.org/0705/Deathtales02.jpg

Bout the last ones ( from the above post ^^^^ ) don't think it'll be on final vs.

Yeah, i really like the tree model, it looks really uber so far.

Agreed with koukouz. My fps is so shit on 2001 :D

sn00p mapper31/08/2010 06:46(edited 31/08/2010 08:26)

FPS drop will occur only on old PC's, really sorry for those guys but you can't actually make a detailed map without some FPS issues on old PC's. ( Im talking about GldSource, same thing in games world, you can't play a 2010 game on a PC from 2005 without issues )

Also deathtales is less detailed that kz_2001, can't say the same thing about deathtales2. My fps on kz_2001 was 100 all time, with a Mid-End PC ( from 2007 + upgraded video card )

Edit: I'm not saying that dt2 will be uber detailed, just saying that will have a different architecture that first one, that will make it look more detailed. Ofc details will still be there.

Since there are some rooms that are a lil large if I can say that, the old method from dt2 with sounds for each room will be out, but still there will be different songs on each area you go, also Im planing to make a area with traps/objs that kills you if you touch them.

Map will have some corridors that, where the perfect timing would matter most that bhop/climbing skills, hope players will enjoy that :grr:

Punk^31/08/2010 11:00

Originally posted by sn00p
Since there are some rooms that are a lil large if I can say that, the old method from dt2 with sounds for each room will be out, but still there will be different songs on each area you go, also Im planing to make a area with traps/objs that kills you if you touch them.

OH GOD YES!

sn00p mapper31/08/2010 16:14

=)

Here we go with 3 fresh screens, light still in work ofc :P teh room too.

http://i.imagehost.org/0030/dt201.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0348/dt202.jpg
http://j.imagehost.org/0446/dt203.jpg

Page 6 of 7