kz_kzro_deathtales

Started by st0ka
15/07/2009 22:10
Read-Only
Page 4 of 7
sn00p mapper08/08/2010 18:22

Ok...I compiled the map + another part like half hour ago and FAIL, looks like I've reached some limits already, says

Hunk_Alloc: failed on xxx bytes.

Checked the google for it, a command @ shortcut should fix that but didnt ( -heapsize 32000 or xxx, depends of how much RAM you have ) tried with few values, none worked.

The map isn't even half compiled :/ And now it's exactly 30mb. Compile logs are fine...

That's just great -____-

Punk^08/08/2010 20:53

Go post in the map help section, fast! Don't give up on this project just yet!!!!!!!!

sn00p mapper08/08/2010 21:18

Giving up ? No way, but I knew from start I won't be able to put the whole map on one .bsp, exactly how's planed to be. I have only few options and I don't like none of them but one should do the job, split the map in 2 or...

Punk^08/08/2010 22:01

Well, if you decide to split the map in 2, (not sure if you've made a story which are being told in the map) but, you could make the map tell a story, and just make like a first story and a sequel. Just a suggestion.

koukouz mapperrecord holder09/08/2010 01:17(edited 09/08/2010 01:20)

Originally posted by sn00p
Here are some screens with fog off/on, It might look good with a much lower fog density for now it's 0015. Careful the screens are in pretty high resolution :)

http://h.imagehost.org/view/0173/Comp1
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0984/Comp2
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0789/Comp3
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0579/Comp4
http://h.imagehost.org/view/0389/Comp5

Some feedback pls :)


You should show the screens with a lower density indeed, this one is too much.
But idk, the map has so much atmosphere without fog, i'm not sure whether it would add an extra ambiance or decrease the quality :/ I think a close-to-invisible fog would fit the best

but wtf srsly... this map is a masterpiece, I can't say anything, except that some part of my body was hard
Go on, I want to play this map! and i really hope the jumps will be as great as the look, cause it's sad when a great map is ruined by bad jumps :(

boom.dll09/08/2010 01:50

it looks alot better without the fog!

sn00p mapper09/08/2010 07:22

Well here are some screens with lower density 0.3

http://a.imagehost.org/0006/pic1.jpg
http://a.imagehost.org/0219/pic2.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0019/pic3.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0814/pic4.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0225/pic5.jpg

koukouz mapperrecord holder09/08/2010 08:48

Originally posted by sn00p
Well here are some screens with lower density 0.3

http://a.imagehost.org/0006/pic1.jpg
http://a.imagehost.org/0219/pic2.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0019/pic3.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0814/pic4.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0225/pic5.jpg


alright that's sex, anyway you better place fog, cause we can remove it ingame so it's not like it's a major problem

unBreakS09/08/2010 15:35

Originally posted by sn00p
Well here are some screens with lower density 0.3

http://a.imagehost.org/0006/pic1.jpg
http://a.imagehost.org/0219/pic2.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0019/pic3.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0814/pic4.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0225/pic5.jpg

Looking good but seriosly how long do u want to make this map 1hour? :d

Pieshels mapper10/08/2010 02:55

Originally posted by sn00p
Well here are some screens with lower density 0.3

http://a.imagehost.org/0006/pic1.jpg
http://a.imagehost.org/0219/pic2.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0019/pic3.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0814/pic4.jpg
http://i.imagehost.org/0225/pic5.jpg


Sex me baby!
Nice effect on long tunnels and almost invisible in those climbing areas.
Perfect!

Punk^10/08/2010 08:26

Yeah, just perfect sn00p :)
NOW GET THIS OUT TO US :D

sn00p mapper10/08/2010 12:42(edited 10/08/2010 12:43)

Hmm in aroud one week will start the checking for the first BSP, still some things left to do

- Adding sounds
- Adding final room for this BSP
- Some details/decals

And also I'm remaking/fixing some jumps, transitions also with more details/obstacles.

Punk^10/08/2010 15:18

Cool sn00p. The mapcheck team better get this released fast after you submit it :-) don't want to wait 6 months -_-

sn00p mapper10/08/2010 19:42

Np =) I'm there tho and things will go faster :P

Here's a new screen, the room still in very early alpha stage =) ( I had to remake it :< )

http://h.imagehost.org/0329/gardens.jpg

pLaguE^10/08/2010 20:30

Originally posted by sn00p
Np =) I'm there tho and things will go faster :P

Here's a new screen, the room still in very early alpha stage =) ( I had to remake it :< )

http://h.imagehost.org/0329/gardens.jpg

Ooo, that screen looks good! :D

sn00p mapper10/08/2010 20:37(edited 10/08/2010 20:39)

Then this one should tho =)

http://h.imagehost.org/0794/gardens2.jpg

Another angle - http://h.imagehost.org/0996/gardens3.jpg

Punk^10/08/2010 20:43

Looks great so far sn000000000000000000000000p doggy dawg ;)

sn00p mapper11/08/2010 20:26

All parts connected, first part of deathtales officially done.

m0ver11/08/2010 20:58

Uber job!

unBreakS11/08/2010 21:08

can`t wait to play the map :D

Page 4 of 7